Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    After hearing such good things about Forte balls on this forum, I am going to stock up big time. Bulk buy anyone?
    I'm in Andy. Bulk freebies wouldn't it be?

Member Club Pro

Switched from Prov1 to Callaway chrome soft about a year ago and haven't looked back yet. Only slight change i made was i started using the white and red soccer ball pattern version and quite like it. Not to many people use it so never have to worry about marking my ball anymore.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Have been playing the Srixon AD333 Tour for about 6 moths now....longer with irons, stop OK and much higher flight than Pro V1.....love them and they are good value.
    Ping G430 10K 10.5* Ping Tour 65S Shaft
    Royal Collection 18* 5 Wood
    Ping G425 3/4 Hybrid Stock Regular
    Cobra MIM King 4-GW PX LZ 5.5
    Ping Glide 3.0 56/60
    Scotty Newport

Have been playing forte SS2 soft for about 2 months now. It's such great feeling off the club that I ever had, and they're longer like 20 meters on the drive than q-star which I used to. I have to say it's truly soft as they said, but it bounced a little bit on the green.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

Been stuffing around with a Volvik Vivid for around 4 rounds now. Ugly looking colours but they are really easy to spot from a distance.

When I get it right, I have cleared the greens using a club that I'm used too for the distance. Still looks pretty good, especially for the amount of trees I like to hit.
    Reckon I could get at least 8-10 rounds with it before benching.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

I got 70 holes out of a truvis chromesoft before I finally lost it they look a bit different which isn't always a bad thing. Currently using 2015 z stars which I quite like good spin around the greens and pretty good off of the tee.

TP5X---Best ball ever made!
    Callaway GBB 10.5 AD DI 6S shaft
    Callaway 2 Hybrid X Stiff Kuro Kage
    Callaway Apex Pro 16's 3-PW KBS X Stiff shafts
    Callaway 50,60 Mack Daddy 2 wedges
    Titleist SM5 54 Wedge
    Bushnell Rangefinder
    Titleist Pro V1
    Odyssey Putter 34' with Superstroke 3
    Footjoy Shoes
    Oakley /Radar Lock Path Prizm lenses
    Sligo/Oscar Jacobson/Ukko Clothing
    Loudmouth/Footjoy Gloves

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Quote Originally Posted by oncewasagolfer View Post
    I got 70 holes out of a truvis chromesoft before I finally lost it they look a bit different which isn't always a bad thing. Currently using 2015 z stars which I quite like good spin around the greens and pretty good off of the tee.
    Using the 2015 XV, yellow. Seems to be easily the longest with driver. Love them. Enough check with irons, but I don't hit cleanly enough to judge pull back.Love the yellow, stocked up 3 for 99 at golfbox
    WITB:
    913D2 Diamana D+ 72g X
    Cobra F6 3/4 Fairway
    Adams DHY Pro 18deg
    Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-GW, KBS Tour 120 S
    Mizuno T7 55deg KBS Tour 120 S
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 60deg
    Odyssey Tank Versa, 2-ball. 40inch
    http://www.golflink.com.au/handicap-..._No=4091301469

Quote Originally Posted by KC4802 View Post
    Using the 2015 XV, yellow. Seems to be easily the longest with driver. Love them. Enough check with irons, but I don't hit cleanly enough to judge pull back.Love the yellow, stocked up 3 for 99 at golfbox
    These balls are the bomb! long distance off tee and check nicely out of the middle of the club - also very white so great in overcast and super durable

10/10

TP5

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Icestorm959 View Post
    TP5
    Where are you??

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I played my best round for a very long time on Friday with a Titliest DTtrusoft (I think). Whatever its title, it is a third tier Titliest ball, and I couldn't fault it. I'd never heard of it or seen one before.

Distance was good, and the ball flight was reasonably high and consistent. I don't spin and stop my short irons with anything, so I can't comment on that aspect, but chip shots stopped OK, and putting feel was really good.

Above all, it was consistent, which for me is very important.

I've had a view for quite some time that the quality of ball isn't of vital importance for a slowish swing player like myself as long as the ball is consistent.

It is always a small pleasure to find a premo ball in the ball-eating jungle and then play a round or two with it, but I don't think I need the premo balls to get the best out of my game.

I'm going to claim all my ball rundown credits for the Qld Champs. I think I might get a sample of premo Srixons and Titliests, and a sample of the next level down (including some Wilson Duo's), and try to do a comparison test when in FNQ.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

supersoft. I just love this ball. It is super straight. Feels like a Balata. You can't kill it's soft cover. It's not expensive. Im not having a problem getting it to stop on Greens. I've tried the chrome soft and gone back to the super.

Senior Member Major Winner

Vision prosoft yellow. 4 rounds in and I'm a fan. If I had to compare I'd say they're a q star equivalent but more durable and I love the colour.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Vision prosoft yellow. 4 rounds in and I'm a fan. If I had to compare I'd say they're a q star equivalent but more durable and I love the colour.
    Four rounds? ..... How many did you buy for Christ sake??

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    Four rounds? ..... How many did you buy for Christ sake??
    Just 2 but they multiply when I hit them out of bounds

How are they to chip with compared to the Q star?

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    How are they to chip with compared to the Q star?
    Pretty similar. I rarely put much spin on any ball so can't offer any comparison there. As for off the face and run out they do what I'd expect a q star to do.

Pretty similar. I rarely put much spin on any ball so can't offer any comparison there. As for off the face and run out they do what I'd expect a q star to do.
    Thanks. I'm looking into other options once I get through the supply of Qstars I have.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Thanks. I'm looking into other options once I get through the supply of Qstars I have.
    If you like the Q Star but looking for some spin around the green, look at the Z Star, any year is good. Chips are more controlled, especially important for being short sided.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_of_oz View Post
    If you like the Q Star but looking for some spin around the green, look at the Z Star, any year is good. Chips are more controlled, especially important for being short sided.
    Thanks. I have used the Z Star XV before and very much like them, but thought I might give something else a go. Particularly if it was more price competitive yet still suitable for my game.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

I picked up a Ogio ladies bag for my wife from Cashies, in one pocket there was a bag with a couple dozen of Tourstage V10 balls. I did not bother with them til yesterday when I decided my V1's were getting a bit tatty and just grabbed a couple of Tourstage balls for yesterday's game. What a surprise they were extremely long, and stopped where landed on the greens. I did a wedge shot about 50 metres from the green, and thought great, it landed just about a metre from the pin, only to be disappointed when the backspin set in and it promptly reversed off the green back onto the fairway. These stand up very well compared with my usual Titty V1's. I will definitely play a few more rounds with these.
    Last edited by olddogmike; 29th August 2017 at 01:16 PM.

Played with a Chrome Soft for the first time today. It might just bump the Srixons. I enjoyed everything about them, which I didn't expect as my swing speed tends to the higher end and softer balls normally don't respond well.

Their greenside manners were pretty good for me, too. Everyone told me they would spin a little less, which I actually liked the idea of as I find spin inconsistent and not something I play for (I prefer the one hop stop). But I was still zipping them back 10 feet on full wedge shots (one bounced forward about 2m off a solidly struck PW only to jizz back 20ft and almost off the front of the green).

The durability doesn't seem as good as the Zstars and every cleanly struck short iron or wedge shot left a clear mark. But no worse than any other premium ball, the Zstars just seem to be better than most.

I've ordered a used dozen in *gasp* yellow from golf clearance outlet, because with the ten bucks off code they are only $15 delivered. Bargain.
    Last edited by henno; 12th June 2018 at 06:57 AM. Reason: clarity

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Played with a Chrome Soft for the first time today. It might just bump the Srixons. I enjoyed everything about them, which I didn't expect as my swing speed tends to the higher end and softer balls normally don't respond well.

Their greenside manners were pretty good for me, too. Everyone told me they would spin a little less, which I actually liked the idea of as I find spin inconsistent and not something I play for (I prefer the one hop stop). But I was still zipping them back 10 feet on full wedge shots (one bounced forward about 2m off a solidly struck PW only to jizz back 20ft and almost off the front of the green).

The durability doesn't seem as good as the Zstars and every cleanly struck short iron or wedge shot left a clear mark. But no worse than any other premium ball, the Zstars just seem to be better than most.

I've ordered a dozen in *gasp* yellow from golf clearance outlet, because with the ten bucks off code they are only $15 delivered. Bargain.

Are there any of these left? I can't find them on the website.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Are there any of these left? I can't find them on the website.
    I was looking under new, not used.

As you were.

Thread Information