Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default Vic Champs 2017 - Full Results

The embedded table below is a live link to the full results sheet, so results will appear as soon as they are entered post-round.

Last edited by Courty; 7th February 2017 at 10:39 PM.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I thought Vicki was the champion's trophy? Things have changed since my day.
    They've swapped.

SundayHack has gone from NAGA to Champ, and Vicki has gone the other way.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    congrats to SundayHack on your win and thankyou to all for your company and being so welcoming .

A big thankyou to the organisers for all your hard work and for making such a well run competition happen

cheers guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Feelzy View Post
    Thanks guys, you were all very welcoming. It was great to finally attend and it will be the start of many more. I have a long winter ahead of me haha

Congrats to SundayChamp(Hack) and thanks to everyone involved in the organisation of it all. Tremendous effort goes into and it's greatly appreciated.

Special thanks to my playing partners this weekend. It was a true NAGA display so thanks for putting up with me.

A feat even more special after being last year's NAGA. So clearly this means 2018 is my year!
    Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    About 15 mins until the train pulls into Penrith, so here goes.

Vic Champs is special. I have fond memories of my 2 QLD Champs and 3 NSW ventures, but stuff like the Calcutta, auction, and particularly the Beyond Blue support make it truly unique. Awesome job by the chief organisers, and those who run each day. Hotel was superb, and I've assured andigold that I'll have a glowing review to post on Trip Advisor either tonight or tomorrow.

When it comes to playing partners, I have nothing but praise. Sure, I only had the chance to occasionally witness Lefty flush one off the 1st and other holes where tee boxes were close by, but all of you who I walked/carted the 99 holes with were great fun to play, laugh and chat with, plus see the odd great golf shot in amongst the duffs, shanks, blades, slices and what not. Solarman, Monsta (x 2), Rickie Prowler (x 2), Spanner (x 2), Dotty, adlo, Benno_r, the artist formerly known as Spud (x 2), Shazza, Skeletor and Courty.

As I said in the goals thread, the courses ranged from good to outstanding. Commonwealth's service and the way they looked after us stood out most for me, and I'll keep my honorary membership card tucked away somewhere.

Frank the Tank, I next expect to see you on the news being led into the back of a police car.

Congrats to all winners, and I'll be back next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickie prowler View Post
    The hardest part of the weekend is that is now the benchmark for all golf trips in the future. This was such a well ran event and a real treat to be a part of. Thank you to all, just 360 days till we do it all again!
    This is the part I truly like to see (not that any other posts are any less relevant), the "newbies" thoroughly enjoying the trip and vowing to try their best to make it next year. We can be a fairly intimidating bunch, so especially to guys like Feelzy, Adlo, Rickie, Grumpy, Slug, and to a lesser extent MagicRick (who at least met us all last year) and KJ (who knew a few already) to not only come along, but to join in the way they did, is a fantastic thing. Everyone that contributes to the champs organisation works very hard to try and make it the best experience possible for everyone and we always like to see an event grow. Obviously not everyone can make it every year for one reason or another, but we'd LOVE to see you all back and continue to make the VIC Champs THE champs to attend (not that it's a competition!).
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I would like to say how much I enjoyed my first golfing experiance with Ozgolf.I was quietly nervous as I got to the course around 6.45 to find I was the first one their.I didn't know what to expect,or who even,so grabbed the putter and headed to the practice green.Shortly after a group rocked up,followed by a few more,so I made my way over to introduce myself.Couldn't have met a nicer bunch,and after finding my group for the day,it wasn't long until the bag was on the cart and Benm and myself were off to the 10th.Also in the group was Magicrick,and a still slightly drunk Chappy.

For my first competitive round since juniors,and I am a bit rusty on the local rules and scoring,Ben guided me through the card and explained how it all works while I soaked in as much info as I could from the group.Finishing 18 we got a feed and watched others finish there round,and I got to meet a few more as well.

I hang around long enough for the presentation but then had to get to work,so unfortunately my day was cut short.I had a great time and will be back next year,and might even try for one of the other champ rounds as well.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Lol Feelzy, well played!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    I would like to say how much I enjoyed my first golfing experiance with Ozgolf.I was quietly nervous as I got to the course around 6.45 to find I was the first one their.I didn't know what to expect,or who even,so grabbed the putter and headed to the practice green.Shortly after a group rocked up,followed by a few more,so I made my way over to introduce myself.Couldn't have met a nicer bunch,and after finding my group for the day,it wasn't long until the bag was on the cart and Benm and myself were off to the 10th.Also in the group was Magicrick,and a still slightly drunk Chappy.

For my first competitive round since juniors,and I am a bit rusty on the local rules and scoring,Ben guided me through the card and explained how it all works while I soaked in as much info as I could from the group.Finishing 18 we got a feed and watched others finish there round,and I got to meet a few more as well.

I hang around long enough for the presentation but then had to get to work,so unfortunately my day was cut short.I had a great time and will be back next year,and might even try for one of the other champ rounds as well.
    See, this is where it starts.

A bit of peer pressure and you decide one round won't hurt, you'll just do it this once and won't do it again. Next thing you know you're interstate for four or five days.

Sunday is a gateway round.

Member Club Champion

Hopefully you all can read my writing

And this year's update.

If I god forbid go back2back then I have room down the leg to add in the extra years haha.
    Handicap - Golfing Journey - WITB coming soon -

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Feelzy View Post
    Hopefully you all can read my writing

And this year's update.

If I god forbid go back2back then I have room down the leg to add in the extra years haha.
    go the other cheek first mate

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

You'd be dreaming to think you already have a back to back lined up Feelzy. Another year under your belt, you'll be right up amongst it, now you know what to expect.

Just keep your hands off my perpetual 8th place finish!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Full averages listing

Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

First time in 5 years I break 30. Woooo

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Looked for the "What did I learn from 2017 VicChamps" thread but not up yet, here goes
    I learnt that it's not about the golf, whether you can play or not, it's about the participation awards.
    Meeting guys at the airport you haven't seen for 12 months
    Ragging others at the first warmup round that you haven't seen for 12 months and meeting the newbies, shit it's scarey being a newbie...
    But they all mixed in really well, to all of you, bloody well done and you all looked like you had a ball
    The bullshit room was fantastic as usual, lots of laughs and good natured ribbing
    I learnt that there are some great "little" tracks out there, Sunshine, Waterford and Northern all good fun
    Also learnt that a massive slope rating does not make a good track, for me anyway
    That the quality, hospitaility and warmth from all at Commonwealth was worth every cent and more
    That young whipper snappers pumping up their own tyres and trash talking the oldies will always fail miserably
    180 straighty works.......very very well
    Good friendships are made from just 5 days
    We have a great community as diverse as we all are
    The hard workers keep doing it year in year out, cheers to Andigold, Lefty, Courty, Spud, Shaz, Larry and anyone else who pitched in to make it fabulous
    All my golfing partners are cool as sh!t, Sunday, Spud, Courty, Lefty, Shaz, Andigold, special mention to my other oldie..Dotty or was that Peppas, I don't know?? for creaming the youngies, GK, Loz, sorry for hitting your ball, Monsta thanks for the cash and my Irish mate Ricky, had a ball, well done on yur ace bud
    Heaps more but it's all locked away in the meory banks and I can't find it!!!!!!
    thanks everyone, take care, Racer

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Only 1 round for me, I'm aiming for at least 2 next year.

Big thanks to Adlo for picking me up on Sunday morning. I wouldn't have made it otherwise.

My golf was poor, but it's always great to see the faces of some great people.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Blog Entries

I am still trying to work out where everyone has gone. Kingston Heath was lovely today, the uncivil wasn't much fun flying solo. Still managed to lose somehow

Thanks all for organising such a seamless event. Lefty, Courty, Andigold did above and beyond. The real Benno, great effort taking on so many little jobs, amongst them auctioneer at which you were a natural fit. Everyone else who helped, thanks a ton.

SundayHack, phenomenal effort on the Naga to Champ/Uncivil War Captain double. Well done.

Great to meet a heap of new Ozgolfers. I now see why Shadesy and simmsy speak so highly of Vic Champs. The Friday at Commonwealth was special. What a day, silver service and an underrated sandbelt gem to boot!

Might be a few years before I can make a return but keep the event going strong, can't wait to do so.
    Naturally grippy

Thread Information