Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

-1 in par today(35 points) striking the ball well of the deck. Putting and driving could have been a tad better
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Major Winner

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Settlers Run 33 points.2 wipes and 3 x 3 putts.This was my first competative round,pretty happy with it considering the conditions and the course

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

34 pts at settlers one wipe , 3x 3 putts

the stupid and or desperately unfortunate award goes to me today . par 3 8th our 17 th step up to the tee knock it on the green , except I teed off the back blocks not the golds . Hit from the correct tees and hit an ordinary shot , get to the green and first ball is pin high no more than 6 foot from the pin so instead of 2 for 4 and ntp I walk off with a wipe , hit a good drive down the guts on the last only to find its stopped about 2 mts short of the long drive . Par the hole for 3 pts finish with 17 pts . One of my finer moments on course

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    34 pts at settlers one wipe , 3x 3 putts the stupid and or desperately unfortunate award goes to me today . par 3 8th our 17 th step up to the tee knock it on the green , except I teed off the back blocks not the golds . Hit from the correct tees and hit an ordinary shot , get to the green and first ball is pin high no more than 6 foot from the pin so instead of 2 for 4 and ntp I walk off with a wipe , hit a good drive down the guts on the last only to find its stopped about 2 mts short of the long drive . Par the hole for 3 pts finish with 17 pts . One of my finer moments on course
    Has 3pp pm'd you about a refund yet??
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    Has 3pp pm'd you about a refund yet??
    I am expecting whoever bought me in the Calcutta (if anyone did ) to send me swimming with cement shoes

Played Blackwood yesterday with a few older gentlemen as The Vines was closed for the Vardon.
    Spent most of the day telling them where their ball went.
    20/14, 34 stableford points.

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    Played Blackwood yesterday with a few older gentlemen as The Vines was closed for the Vardon.
    Spent most of the day telling them where their ball went.
    20/14, 34 stableford points.
    Did you get sick of saying "up the middle"?
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

No, strangley enough.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

10 pts on Saturday worst round I have ever played I think , turned with 3 pts after 9 holes and got 2 on the last to break double figures was a bit disappointed to get there really

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    10 pts on Saturday worst round I have ever played I think , turned with 3 pts after 9 holes and got 2 on the last to break double figures was a bit disappointed to get there really
    Come to the Perf chumps!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    WTF. Did they run out of Pale Ale?
    Last edited by wazamac; 14th February 2017 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    WTF. Did the run out of Pale Ale?
    Or daylight??

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A few hours later, and I'm still struggling to quite believe the round of golf I played today.

I hit 4 greens in regulation, but shot 2 over off the stick for 42 points.

I don't keep putting stats, but if I did I suspect today would be a personal best of 22 putts, without holing anything outside 12 feet. I mainly had the magic wedges working, and from easy positions left myself quite a few tap-ins, and one chip-in.

This is such a silly game sometimes.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

08/02 - Mandalay GC - 12pts (9 holes)
    09/02 - Sunshine GC - 39pts - missed a straight uphill 2-footer on the last which would have given me 40pts and a win on countback. Frustrating, but still nice to play well in a VIC Champs round
    10/02 - Commonwealth GC - 29pts - True to Uncivil War/ Sandbelt form I was mediocre at best, losing my match 3/2
    11/02 - Waterford Valley GC - 31pts - I felt as though I played ok, but 3 wipes killed off any decent score
    12/02 - Settlers Run GC - 27pts - The score masks the truth of how shit I was played
    13/02 - Northern GC 23pts - Deservedly finished as the daily NAGA, but somehow still split the birdie money
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

My Vic Champs escapade:

8/2 Mandalay GC: 13 points (9 holes)
    9/2 Sunshine GC: 26 points. Generally junk round.
    10/2 Commonwealth GC: 28 points. Started with 2 wipes, birdied the 3rd with a bomb from the front left edge of the green (the only putt of any decent length I made all week) then erratically made my way around the rest of the course. 2/1 loss in matchplay.
    11/2 Waterford Valley GC: 34 points. 24 points after 10 holes (including NTP on 5). The rest was junk.
    12/2 Settlers Run GC: 26 points. I think I had 7 points after 3 holes then topped my tee shot on 13 into the hazard right in front. A birdie from off the green on 7 won me the birdie money. Otherwise junk.
    13/2 Northern GC: 29 points. Going through the motions after a second round starting with 2 wipes.

Update on my week:
    35pts Waterford Valley. 2 shanks and 3 wipes sums up what could have been.
    30pts Settlers Run. Played great until the weather hit. 2 dumb wipes and a crappy short game, never had a chance.
    35pts Northern. Another great start, then just steady golf with a stupid wipe on 15.
    35pts Maryborough. Rocks and Diamonds, happy to walk away with 35.

Member Club Champion

I'll follow suit.

Saturday, Waterford Valley - 22 pts. Widest fairways I have ever played and barely found the edge of them.

Sunday, Settlers Run - 22 pts. New driver went great and after 6 holes had 14 pts. Spectacular collapse after that. Managed just 8 points in the last 12 holes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Handicap - Golfing Journey - WITB coming soon -

Thursday. Sunshine GC:38pts Started fairly poorly and was thinking here we go again another crappy Vic champs awaits. But managed to make the turn in 18. Went on to make 3 birdies. The highlight, hitting the flag from 100 on 7 for a easy tap in bird.

Friday. Commonwealth GC:32pts Won match 2/1. Felt like I played well just didn't score. Struggled towards the end of the round getting off the tee. The highlight sercuring 3 points with Shaz and winning the Uncivil War.

Saturday. Waterford Valley GC: 43pts. Was on from the get go. Was 1 over with 4 to play and bogeyed home but that might have had more to do with the dozen CC cans I had on course kicking in. Finished with a 77 off the bat. Highlight, 4 birdies.

Sunday. Settlers Run: 38pts. Played just steady golf for the first nine. Was more worried trying to stay warm. Turned in 20pts and thought shit I can win this. That's when I fell in a hole and went -,1,1. Turned things around on 4 with a 20ft putt for a 5/2 and made a 12fter on 5 for bird. Finished the last 5 in even. Highlight, nearly holing the bunker shot on 8 (2nd last hole).

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    Thursday. Sunshine GC:38pts Started fairly poorly and was thinking here we go again another crappy Vic champs awaits. But managed to make the turn in 18. Went on to make 3 birdies. The highlight, hitting the flag from 100 on 7 for a easy tap in bird.

Friday. Commonwealth GC:32pts Won match 2/1. Felt like I played well just didn't score. Struggled towards the end of the round getting off the tee. The highlight sercuring 3 points with Shaz and winning the Uncivil War.

Saturday. Waterford Valley GC: 43pts. Was on from the get go. Was 1 over with 4 to play and bogeyed home but that might have had more to do with the dozen CC cans I had on course kicking in. Finished with a 77 off the bat. Highlight, 4 birdies.

Sunday. Settlers Run: 38pts. Played just steady golf for the first nine. Was more worried trying to stay warm. Turned in 20pts and thought shit I can win this. That's when I fell in a hole and went -,1,1. Turned things around on 4 with a 20ft putt for a 5/2 and made a 12fter on 5 for bird. Finished the last 5 in even. Highlight, nearly holing the bunker shot on 8 (2nd last hole).
    Just a measly 37.75 point average there mate.

Blog Entries

29 points - Commonwealth - 18 points on front 9, won 7 and 5 then went to sleep.
    36 points - Waterford Valley - Paint by numbers golf.
    33 points - Settlers Run - Ditto, but found water on three holes where I didn't get a shot for a wipe on each.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

My Vic Champs Story:

Thursday@Sunshine - 31. Inconsistent and leaky, but stayed in it most of the time and got away with plenty.
    Friday@Commonwealth - 26 and cleaned up comprehensively by SundayHack who was solid all day while I couldn't string two holes together. Was pleased to last until 16 before going down. No control whatsoever.
    Saturday@Waterford - 33. Missed every fairway on the front nine and still managed 16 points. Didn't do much better on the back. Confidence completely shot by this stage, but at least I got myself out of the running for NAGA.
    Sunday@Settlers - 24. Finally started paying the price for spraying it all over the place. Had 4 3 pointers and a 4 point birdie, but only managed 8 points from the other 13 holes. I think I had 7 wipes. Finally worked out my issues late in the day, but it was far too late.
    Monday@Northern - 38. Found some control and stayed in play almost all day apart from two wipes. Holed putts. Got out of bunkers. Hit some good drives, apart from the long drive hole where I tried to hit the cover off it and cold topped it 30m. Hit my best shot of the week on 3 - a big hooping draw with a 9 iron that swung about 40m around some trees that were blocking me out and finished inside 3 feet. Missed the birdie putt though.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Back at beacy today struggled a bit early finally hit a fairway on the 6 th , 39 for 18 pts , 37 for 22 pts back nine . The good , my putting (25) 3 birdies the bad, my start ,first 6 holes the fugly, two doubles ,one each side , no penalties involvedSo 76 gross 67 nett (5 over)or 40 stableford pointsWon " a "grade cap back to 8
    Last edited by Grumpy8; 16th February 2017 at 07:44 PM.

Well done mate, obviously not a home track hero after your efforts at champs, keep hittin em well

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Back at beacy today struggled a bit early finally hit a fairway on the 6 th , 39 for 18 pts , 37 for 22 pts back nine . The good , my putting (25) 3 birdies the bad, my start ,first 6 holes the fugly, two doubles ,one each side , no penalties involvedSo 76 gross 67 nett (5 over)or 40 stableford pointsWon " a "grade cap back to 8
    That's not helping mate

Thread Information