Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Keep Round Stats

Hi All,

How do you record or keep your round stats for review? is there any good apps?

As

Senior Member Major Winner

Golflink. The only one that matters

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Used to 10 years ago, pointless for mine and simply use 3pp suggested app.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Aussupport View Post
    Hi All,

How do you record or keep your round stats for review? is there any good apps?

As
    My advice is its not worth it unless you are an elite amateur aiming to go pro. Essentially a waste of time. I use Golfshot now for scores and less for stats but only because I bought the original "PGA Tour Caddie" app when it was ~$30 so now I don't have to pay the subscription.

However... In order of my favourites that I've used

Shots to the hole (computer program)

GRGS-Get Real Golf Stats (app with online access)

Golfshot (app)

Strokes Gained Spreadsheet from GolfWRX (manual recording transferring into an excel spreadsheet)

Check them out and see what you think. They're all pretty pricey and I found I didnt get any better because I already know what I needed to work on. After reading Mark Brodie's book "Every Shot Counts" I thought it might be fun/meaningful but in reality the flow of that book is "hit it far off the tee, hit it as close as you can". That along with eliminating 3putts and double chips is all I need to know. Golfshot covers that.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I use swing x swing.Free app,keeps round scores and works the simpler stats from the score and putt input.It will keep a dodgy handicap for you,but if like me and you like to know if your consistent with putts,or what your averages are on a par 3/4/5 then it is there.For me I mainly use it as a gps,as it will give a distance to centre of green.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I use Golfshot - the free version. I know it's a bit of a wank, but I like to review my stats after a round - total putts, FIRs and GIRs. Golfshot does the trick for that. Funnily enough, if I have a shit round I'm much less inclined to put the round into Golfshot. I usually don't bother..as it's pretty obvious in my head why/how the round went to shit. But if I have a good round I chuck it in there...think I've got self-esteem issues.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Gamebook for me, it gets used for the OzGolf Vic champs and I have started to use it on just normal rounds at home

WITB
    Ping Anser 9.5, Ping Anser 3 wood, Ping i20's 3-pw, Vokey 50, 54 & 58 deg wedges
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.6

Gungahlin Lakes Golf Club

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    My advice is its not worth it unless you are an elite amateur aiming to go pro. Essentially a waste of time.
    I don't understand this?? I thought it would be useful for anyone who wanted to actively improve their game to keep stats to understand their weaknesses so they can improve them.....

I think just the most basic and simple stuff, putts and greens, and maybe fairways. I can't input them on my watch when playing, but Garmin now allows me to edit my round afterwards and I add those details afterwards.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    I don't understand this?? I thought it would be useful for anyone who wanted to actively improve their game to keep stats to understand their weaknesses so they can improve them.....
    I should clarify. Yes it is useful for those willing to pay the $$ and input the information.

I highly recommend shotstothehole.com but it is $199 a year for a subscription which I'm not 100% keen to pay. There is a web app for data input (which I thought was difficult to use) but the paper version which I used is easier to use than it looks but still time consuming.

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

I should clarify. Yes it is useful for those willing to pay the $$ and input the information.

I highly recommend shotstothehole.com but it is $199 a year for a subscription which I'm not 100% keen to pay. There is a web app for data input (which I thought was difficult to use) but the paper version which I used is easier to use than it looks but still time consuming.

Gotcha, free stuff is awesome!!

Member Club Champion

My Garmin Approach X40 is my scorecard usually. Shot tracking can be useful, it's not perfect but does have benefits.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Handicap - Golfing Journey - WITB coming soon -

I use Game Golf. It gives me all stats plus every shot recorded on GPS.

game golf live ?
    No the original Classic. But Live will do the same thing.

To follow up, the main reason I like shotstohole so much is the analytics it provides which is the actionable information you need to improve. As you can see below there is so much info for you to gauge what you need to do to get where you want as it actually benchmarks you against a group of your choice. So the only question now is

"Are you willing to pay $199 a year??"

Hi all,

Thank you so much, i forgot to tell you that this is for my 12 yrs old daughter. so she is 10 HCP and playing by herself and i'm not caddying her all the times. so i need simple way for her to record and enjoy her game.

as

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Jesus Bushy, that looks like a 9 to 5 job filling that out!

TBH it's not that hard. If you use the basic template it's much easier but you do have to remember shot results, lie, clubs etc. Entering the data is a bit more involved. Hence it's a bit too much unless you're really keen, even though it's the best there is

shotstohole.com/help/enter-first-round

mmmm do u use spare score card or app?

mmmm do u use spare score card or app?
    I have a scorecard holder and they fit in there. The socre entry cards when printed are similar in size to both a normal/traditional scorecards.

Default Keep Round Stats

An update to this is an app i found after listening to a podcast with Mark Broadie (developer of Strokes Gained).

It’s called GolfMetrics, has 1,6 and 12 month subscription options and utilises the strokes gained metric . I’ve mentioned it a bit over the last couple of days, the app is very basic in its appearance but really simple to use.

The strokes gained is measured against 2 data sets which is user selectable, PGA Tour or a Scratch Golfer. The data it spits out is really REALLY in depth and there is the option to export it in a PDF plus on the website you can download CSV data if so desired.

Being $109.99 a year makes it a bit more attractive than shots to the hole and I think the data is probably more actionable. Not sure if i’ll use it beyond the month I signed up for, got a fair bit of golf coming up so will see how it goes.

http://golfmetrics.com

Thread Information