Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35 75 80 81 82 83 84 85
Results 2,101 to 2,124 of 2124

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Bit damp here. Wind picking up enough to blow the rain right through the house when #1 opened the back door.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Yep. Got a beer from the fridge in the "undercover" patio, and got some moisture on me. Very stressful.

You guys coping ok ?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Hope the other feed into Nebo doesn't go down

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Wow. Thankfully it's nothing like you copped. Although there is a lot of localised flooding about.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    You guys coping ok ?
    I don't need any more beer tonight, thankfully.

I doubt that there is anyone in Brisbane going through what some of the people up North are thankfully.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

The rain may have caused the Broncos to lose tonight, so I can understand the stress in the posts made by Brisbane residents tonight.

Ballina was lucky, with less than 100mls, but Lismore was up to 297 since 9.00am at last look, with the CBD and other low lying areas being evacuated. Apparently the town levee was probably going to be breached tonight.

I was in Lismore today, and I wasn't going to hang around just to see some floodwaters.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Not strictly a rain post, but it has rained all day in Ballina today, so it was best to bump this thread rather than find another appropriate thread.

Along with the rain, the max temperature was 13 degrees today.

Without actually looking up temp records, I think this has been by a few degrees the coldest day in the almost six years I've lived here. I don't remember any max below 15 previous to this.

Once or twice a year in Sydney we used to get a max 11 or 12, but I moved to the semi-tropics to get away from this sort of thing.

Just as well there was lots of golf on Fox today. Brrr.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Played in rain with a forecast max of 9 the other day , pretty sure it didn’t make the max , teeing off tomorrow at 8 am temp will be 2 .

Senior Member Major Winner

How’s things Jim?

Thanks for asking.

I experienced my first ever Evacuation Order this morning. The evacuation order was for low-lying areas of Ballina, which includes where I live.

I complied and left my house for higher ground.

Upon further investigation, it transpires that houses like mine aren't under threat, but any road that is normally affected by king tides was going to be affected much worse than before. Which turned out to be true. So I was cut off from any access to main roads by car. This is only really important for people with medical conditions, because nobody can get in to help in an emergency.

Not nearly as bad as Lismore, but a bit upsetting to my normal routine. I may have to consult the tide charts before committing to play golf for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Thanks for asking.

I experienced my first ever Evacuation Order this morning. The evacuation order was for low-lying areas of Ballina, which includes where I live.

I complied and left my house for higher ground.

Upon further investigation, it transpires that houses like mine aren't under threat, but any road that is normally affected by king tides was going to be affected much worse than before. Which turned out to be true. So I was cut off from any access to main roads by car. This is only really important for people with medical conditions, because nobody can get in to help in an emergency.

Not nearly as bad as Lismore, but a bit upsetting to my normal routine. I may have to consult the tide charts before committing to play golf for a few days.
    Good stuff.

Are you back home now or will you camp out in a school hall for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Puttpete View Post
    Good stuff.

Are you back home now or will you camp out in a school hall for a few days?
    I posted from home at 1.20pm, after I had to leave my car in the shopping centre car park and walk home by an indirect route.

It's a high tide problem only. 3 feet of salt water over the road at 10.00, dry at 3.00pm. 4 wheel drive cars driven by stupid drivers were getting through the worst of it, and their bow wave was causing further damage to shops and houses in the path of the water.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Another rain casualty, the NSW senior amateur, scheduled for next week in Forster Tuncurry was cancelled today. The huge Ozgolf contingent is gutted.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I posted from home at 1.20pm, after I had to leave my car in the shopping centre car park and walk home by an indirect route.

It's a high tide problem only. 3 feet of salt water over the road at 10.00, dry at 3.00pm. 4 wheel drive cars driven by stupid drivers were getting through the worst of it, and their bow wave was causing further damage to shops and houses in the path of the water.
    I am finally back online, 5 days later, so an update is appropriate.

The situation in Ballina turned out to be a lot worse than my original prediction, as anyone watching the news will know. The night after I posted the Richmond River broke its banks at high tide, which everyone says has never happened before. The CBD and West Ballina were inundated, including the communications infrastructure. Patchy phone coverage for three days, no internet for 5 days, and there is still no mobile internet.

Apart from the comms problems I wasn't affected any more than previously, with the roads closed for five hours at a time during high tide.

The worst thing was the lack of supplies. The supermarkets were closed for three days, and when they reopened they didn't have the staples of meat, bread and milk. Until Woolies, with its instore bakery, reopened, it looked like I would have to start up the dream diet of chocolate and lollies for breakfast and possibly lunch if I couldn't face frozen fish fillets more than once a day.

All is relatively back to normal. Ballina wasn't affected as badly as Lismore, but a lot of houses have a lot of cleaning up to do.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner
    Blog Entries

Good to hear you are ok Jim. Is a tad Damp here in Padstow, but nothing like you guys up there.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Grant

Grunt's Golflink
    TM Burner - Cobra F Speed 3W - TM Draw 3H - TM Burner 4i-AW - Vokey 54/58 Wedges - Wilson 8862 Blade

I'm glad to see that you didn't have too much problems, Jim. There is nothing stopping you from going ahead with the chocolate breakfast anyway.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Seems the wet hit further south this year so far. Around Cardwell/Mission Beach they are shy 400mm on the usually levels MTD.

I am finally back online, 5 days later, so an update is appropriate.

The situation in Ballina turned out to be a lot worse than my original prediction, as anyone watching the news will know. The night after I posted the Richmond River broke its banks at high tide, which everyone says has never happened before. The CBD and West Ballina were inundated, including the communications infrastructure. Patchy phone coverage for three days, no internet for 5 days, and there is still no mobile internet.

Apart from the comms problems I wasn't affected any more than previously, with the roads closed for five hours at a time during high tide.

The worst thing was the lack of supplies. The supermarkets were closed for three days, and when they reopened they didn't have the staples of meat, bread and milk. Until Woolies, with its instore bakery, reopened, it looked like I would have to start up the dream diet of chocolate and lollies for breakfast and possibly lunch if I couldn't face frozen fish fillets more than once a day.

All is relatively back to normal. Ballina wasn't affected as badly as Lismore, but a lot of houses have a lot of cleaning up to do.
    Good to hear you can now have your chocolate and lollies for breakfast on toast like a civilised person.

For anybody wondering, we've just had our second East Coast Low in 3 weeks. 280mm of rain overnight.

It may not be as prominent on the news, but this one was/is worse than the other one. The effects won't be so bad because most were prepared, and some still aren't in their flood-prone homes after last time.

I am currently flooded in because the roads out are blocked, but the internet works this time and there is cricket to watch on TV, so its not all bad.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Wasn’t wondering at all…..but hope everyone up there stays safe!

Went to Adelaide for 4 days...
    The ground was dry... haven't seen that since... October?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    Went to Adelaide for 4 days...
    The ground was dry... haven't seen that since... October?
    Play any golf?

Thread Information