Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

Each day sounds like a step forward. Keep going and all the best
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    Each day sounds like a step forward. Keep going and all the best
    Thanks , small steps , has been all about trying to reduce the inflammation and control the pain , last time I played golf (against doctors orders) I set myself back badly. Am not confident the physio will give me the go ahead to play either but I live in hope

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I have a few goals that have always been there, some I achieved and some I didn't.

•First is to cut handicap at least in half. GA of 8.7 at the moment, I want to get back to mid single digits first then see what happens. Will take a bit to achieve but I'm going to have a crack.

•Sub-par around Cairns. Have played both 9's under par at numerous different times, but it continues to be a goal to put one together at home. Have done it elsewhere, so why not.

•Maintain some of my Ironman fitness, would be easy to let it all slide. Will be tougher than reducing my handicap though I reckon.
    Quick check up.

After I posted this my GA went to 9.9 for the first round of 2017. Since that first round 91, I've had one 87 with the rest of my rounds under 84. As of this morning my GA is 6.0 without any real spectacular play. Consistency has been the key which isn't something I've been good at. My highest flags are 8.3 (x2) and an 8.5 with 5 rounds before the first flag will drop off. I'm pretty happy with my play so far but I haven't really had what I would term an 'Awesome' round yet.

Sub par still eludes me. However I think I am close to doing it.

Fitness has plateued somewhat, I'm back on the bike fairly regularly but trying to get time for anything else is going to be difficult. Flexibility is my focus at the moment.

Quick check up.

After I posted this my GA went to 9.9 for the first round of 2017. Since that first round 91, I've had one 87 with the rest of my rounds under 84. As of this morning my GA is 6.0 without any real spectacular play. Consistency has been the key which isn't something I've been good at. My highest flags are 8.3 (x2) and an 8.5 with 5 rounds before the first flag will drop off. I'm pretty happy with my play so far but I haven't really had what I would term an 'Awesome' round yet.

Sub par still eludes me. However I think I am close to doing it.

Fitness has plateued somewhat, I'm back on the bike fairly regularly but trying to get time for anything else is going to be difficult. Flexibility is my focus at the moment.
    First goal met. As of today my GA is 4.8 thanks to that 'consistency' I mentioned. Onwards and upwards!

First goal met. As of today my GA is 4.8 thanks to that 'consistency' I mentioned. Onwards and upwards!
    Well done Bushy.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Nice one Bushy!

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Well done Bushy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Nice one Bushy!
    Cheers guys. Might have to reassess for the remainder of the year.

Yep belated congrats Bushy 👍

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well done, Bushy... another solid round yesterday.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Toolish View Post
    I have been thinking about this for the last few days actually.

In the last month or so I have got the desire back to play golf frequently and work at improving. It has been a while since I have felt this way and the last 4-5 years I have really just been playing enough for it to be frustrating. I had 11 golf link rounds last year.

So Goals
    1. Play more, I want to play at least once every 2 weeks.
    2. Practice more. At least 1 session a week at the range (I am planning on lessons so I know what to work on) and at least 15 minutes per day at home on short game.
    3. Play at least 4 of the local district opens, I have become a one course player and I want to break out of that.
    4. Get handicap below 3. I have been down to 3.9 before.
    5. If I achieve goal 4 I will attempt to play the Vic Amateur at the end of the year (if I can get in the field)....this is a lofty goal for me but a stretch target is good!
    Goal 1 - I have played 22 competition rounds plus 5 games of pennant plus a couple of pairs events so on track.
    Goal 2 - On track with the range sessions. Home sessions have been working in a mirror on swing changes rather than short game. Lost focus a bit in the last month or so though.
    Goal 3 - Missed a couple of opens as my mother passed away, played Div 1 pennant which was not planned so probably on track.
    Goal 4 - Down to 3.2 currently from 5.2 20 rounds ago. So on track but need to keep going.
    Goal 5 - Not sure if anyone can help here, what are the chances of actually getting in on a 3.0 handicap or will I get balloted out?

Thread Information