Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default 2016 OzGolf Champs Thank Yous

The Champs don't just happen without the help of many.

Thanks to Nadg63 for all the wok he does behind the scenes organising and co-ordinating dates, venues and money collection. I know you were a bit down re: the low numbers of participants. It's not a sign of anything wrong with what's been organised. Some years there will be more than others.
    It's up to us locals to make it a successful Champs.

Thanks heaps to Wazamac for the great trophies you make. They are exceptional and it's a pleasure to win one.
    Thanks also to yourself and the other The Vines members for hosting the Kitchener Cup and any input in making it happen on your home course.

Thanks to Marcel and the other members that help in getting us onto Royal Adelaide.

Thanks to Thecollective for organising the Saturday game at your home course Tanunda. It's a real pity we didn't have the numbers to make the dinner afterwards work as it's the social aspect after the games that can make the week more memorable.

Thanks to Chilled for getting us on to Koyoonga for the Monday game.

Thanks also to any other S.A guys that had any involvement in getting things organised to make the Champs happen.

Lastly thanks for all those that played over any of the days to make the week what it is.
    Thanks to the interstate travelers for making the trek and joining us for our Champs. Spread the word for others to come over even if it's only once.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 14th November 2016 at 08:21 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

And thank you to Mr Hatchman for the organisational work and calculating the scores daily.
    Will endeavour to help out more in the coming years and hook up a social game in the next few months to start throwing ideas for the next one.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I want to add my thanks too. For all the days to run smoothly it takes lots of things to fall into place as they should. Those of us (like myself) that just turn up and play are very fortunate to get to play such nice courses with such good company

Tho sort the weather out for next year please.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Thanks to Nadg63 for all the wok he does behind the scenes organising and co-ordinating dates, venues and money collection. I know you were a bit down re: the low numbers of participants. It's not a sign of anything wrong with what's been organised. Some years there will be more than others.
    This. I don't miss these things because I don't want to go.

And from me, Thank you muchly to:

Wazamac for providing/donating AND making such great trophies for each days play.

Hatchman for organising the round at Blackwood, providing the NTP/LD markers, keeping track of scoring, keeping me sane when I was ready to spit it at times!

Marcel, for getting us on to RAGC, (and if they get to see this James and Peter, fellow RAGC members who gave up their time to come out with us to get us the 'guest' quota)

Thecollective for his work with getting the TPGC round organised - hope it didn't prove too embarrassing with the final low entry count, sorry

Chilled for organising a round at Kooyonga on the final day.

Jimandr for making it a 3-peat attendance, top effort.

And to everyone else that participated as without you it just wouldn't happen.

Thanks

'nadg'

Member Club Pro

Thanks to all of the organisers and attendees. Great fun.

Thanks for all the efforts team. I was sad I couldn't make it this year, but I am hopeful I will make next year's...

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    I want to add my thanks too. For all the days to run smoothly it takes lots of things to fall into place as they should. Those of us (like myself) that just turn up and play are very fortunate to get to play such nice courses with such good company

Tho sort the weather out for next year please.
    +1

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I said in my little speech on Sunday that I enjoy the SA Champs more than the others I have been to.

The posts of Nadg and Hatchman illustrate why. The other events tend to be one man bands where one person does all the work. SA has more people pitching in and you guys work well together.

Once again the primary courses were excellent and the lesser attractions were great fun. I'd love another go at Tanunda in better weather.

Those who don't go or don't attend as many days as they can are missing out.

Keep up the good work.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Thread Information