Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

I'm finding it hilarious that the Saffers are firing up and having a sook cos Fussy got charged for ball tempering.

Alot of teams apparently do it, but not as obviously as he did!!!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Blatant cheating, but height of stupidity given how shit Aussies are going anyway, maybe he's a dumbo

Blatant for sure. Only about a day prior to the story Starc was saying how they were shocked at the amount of reverse S.A. were getting when they themselves couldn't get a thing. It all helps and everyone knows once the ball starts moving we are clueless.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Definitely funny , bigger sooks are the Australian media all up in arms cause one of their bullyboys has been assaulted , I know where I would have stuck his microphone

Needed a Ronaldo moment

Can't see why they didn't simply spray some aeroguard on it to see if that helped.

Slapped with a feather, standard gutless ICC.

S.A. played the hard line and they went to water.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

He got off because when they looked at the ball it was in mint condition

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post
    Boom Tish!!!😅

Bwahahahahahaha
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Warner needs to learn to snap it off sooner!

Senior Member Major Winner

Nice declaration. I like Faf

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Loving uzzie and Renshaw placing some value on their wicket

Not sure how it looked on TV but seemed like there was a bit of variable bounce in the wicket today? Certainly a lot of turn for day 1 too

Faf batted well but I think his middle order let him down today. They looked quite skittish. The JP Duminy dismissal was strange - huge waft at one and missed it by so much it took the inside edge. Bavuma looked like he was looking for ways to get out

I liked the declaration too, but less so when I found out it was because Warner couldn't bat. Personally I'd have preferred to have him out there batting in that period where he would have nothing much to gain

After getting through the last session unscathed, it's definitely advantage Aussies. Plan should be to bat most of tomorrow and maybe have a dart at them in the last 5-10 overs (or somehow bat all day!)

I thought the bounce was reasonably consistent but a bit higher than usual. Certainly Lyon was both turning and bouncing them. I'd be interested in the views of Coalesce from the ground about Lyon's pace. He seemed to be pushing them through even more than usual, when the situation was crying out for slower bowling.

The wicket was still doing a bit all day, and I could imagine Philander being quite a handful if he gets into us early. It could easily be another case of two out, collapse and all out. I'd love to be wrong though.

It was still quite a good days play to watch. Much more interesting than the golf.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I liked the declaration too, but less so when I found out it was because Warner couldn't bat. Personally I'd have preferred to have him out there batting in that period where he would have nothing much to gain
    Faf is getting plaudits for being a tactical genius but at the end of the day they didn't get the break thru. Great idea but we survived it. Warner would have played more shots/taken more risks in that dangerous little period that's for sure. Renshaw let plenty of balls go and looked to have a older school openers mentality, just what we need if he happens to find his feet at this level. Great stuff from he and Kwaka. Hopefully Warner is fiercely determined due to what transpired.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I thought the bounce was reasonably consistent but a bit higher than usual. Certainly Lyon was both turning and bouncing them. I'd be interested in the views of Coalesce from the ground about Lyon's pace. He seemed to be pushing them through even more than usual, when the situation was crying out for slower bowling.
    He did seem to be bowling darts. He was coming up on the speed gun at 90-95kph. I always thought Warney went on about bowling in the 80s range being optimum

The field placings for Lyon were interesting, for instance giving a single at mid off/on straight away. I'd have thought especially given there was turn to tempt the batsmen to hit in the air might not be a bad thing. Especially as those singles were a fair chunk of the runs scored off him and he didn't give too much else away

It looked to me as though Australia were bowling to not get them out so they didn't have to bat. Starc fell into that old trap of bowling short crap to tailenders with no ability it seemed to bowl a yorker. Clearly, as he has the ability, replace with "no desire to".

Pretty cynical/weak stuff from the Aussies for mine.

I'm starting to think Warner and Smith are what is wrong with that team, Warner particularly. He goes out swinging and the rest think they can do the same.

Test cricket is what those two opening fellas did last night, fight hard and pick the right balls to hit (except for Kuwagas first ball ).

I love watching Warner in full cry, but his 20/20 attitude could be where we started going wrong (for mine )

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    Faf is getting plaudits for being a tactical genius but at the end of the day they didn't get the break thru. Great idea but we survived it. Warner would have played more shots/taken more risks in that dangerous little period that's for sure. Renshaw let plenty of balls go and looked to have a older school openers mentality, just what we need if he happens to find his feet at this level. Great stuff from he and Kwaka. Hopefully Warner is fiercely determined due to what transpired.
    Yep was good to see Aussie batsmen who knew where there off stump is

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Faf is getting plaudits for being a tactical genius but at the end of the day they didn't get the break thru.
    And gave up the opportunity to score more runs.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Yeah couldn't understand Starc bowling around the wicket to the tail enders , takes the slips out of play and makes it easier for them to score. Typical bowling to a plan crap instead of thinking on your feet.
    Apart from that the bowling was pretty good , although Lyon is going to have to get some wickets otherwise the crosshairs will be on him . Wades bit of work with Rabada was pretty quick , don't think we have lost anything there , and should have gained with the bat , Wade at 7 sounds good .
    They batted pretty well in a tough situation last night and it was good to see the batsman smiling and enjoying themselves , Kwaka's impersonation of Warner first ball was a little worrying
    Lets get some runs today

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    And gave up the opportunity to score more runs.
    Yeah, double whammy. They were going ok, must have put on 40 odd undefeated for the last wicket. A really interesting days cricket is set up now. I hope some of the young guys can get among the runs, it'd be great for both themselves and Austalian Cricket.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

trying to be too smart for his own good and it backfired.

Surely bowling at Warner for 12 overs in twilight is the best result SA can get, but instead he sits in the rooms watching his OLED.

He can't do much damage to them, but they can get him out.

Instead, they get Kawajah to open with Renshaw, which would calm Renshaw's nerves further given they are state teammates, while Renshaw likely has never met Warner, nor opened the batting with someone so unorthodox.

Kawajah is a natural opener, so it was hardly a big issue for Australia - but I reckon it played into the Australians hands
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

I reckon Kwaka was still adjusting to the shock of having to open that first ball hahaha. Apparently Smith was pretty filthy about Warner's error.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Glad to read others criticising Starc. He either doesn't have the control or brains that a top top class bowler should have. His pace and ability to swing it covers for the fact he actually bowls quite a lot of filth that gets left alone

Thread Information