Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1255

8.1. Nice to still play well enough to inch it down. Work hours don't really allow much practice if any most weeks.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

78/68 for 38 points sees me down to 12.4. I am fairly certain that is my lowest ever. Nice to shoot in the 70s too even though par is 70 at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    78/68 for 38 points sees me down to 12.4. I am fairly certain that is my lowest ever. Nice to shoot in the 70s too even though par is 70 at the moment.

Well done Pete

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

78/68 for 38 points sees me down to 12.4. I am fairly certain that is my lowest ever. Nice to shoot in the 70s too even though par is 70 at the moment.Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
    Onya D.Bring on 10.x

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

78/68 for 38 points sees me down to 12.4. I am fairly certain that is my lowest ever. Nice to shoot in the 70s too even though par is 70 at the moment. Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
    Well done, you may well be Ozgolfs most improved. .
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Nice one Pedro, will be hitting up the bay next Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Blog Entries

What time?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

What time?

Tee off 12:04, live to faraway to play much earlier

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Tee off 12:04, live to faraway to play much earlier

Last group! Enjoy the day 10 is out of play, 14 split into a3 and 4. The 3 is quite good.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Last group! Enjoy the day 10 is out of play, 14 split into a3 and 4. The 3 is quite good.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

78/68 for 38 points sees me down to 12.4. I am fairly certain that is my lowest ever. Nice to shoot in the 70s too even though par is 70 at the moment.Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
    Well done PD.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

fantastic Pete! Well done mate.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Blog Entries

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I got down to 6.3 after last week's round, the lowest since getting back into golf again. I figure that if I can get to 6.1, then that would count as my lowest ever, since my lowest before was 5.8 but that was with the 0.93 included into the GA handicap. Ideally, I get down to 5.7 anyway.
    It's slow progress, but I'm now at 6.2. I haven't been putting the work in lately, but I think some things have started to click in place.

This is my lowest during this golf phase, and in my eyes an equal lowest ever since it is the equivalent of the previous 5.8 that I reached, when you consider the 0.93 factor. Hopefully some more drops to come.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

well done AndyP! The work you've obviously done with your ball striking and power were the things I noticed the most when we played. You've always had a good golf brain, but now you're a solid ballstriker too, which opens up more birdie opportunities.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    well done AndyP! The work you've obviously done with your ball striking and power were the things I noticed the most when we played. You've always had a good golf brain, but now you're a solid ballstriker too, which opens up more birdie opportunities.
    Thanks BV. There are definitely more good birdie chances with my current game, but being closer to the greens in general from distance off tee and reduced miss distance has made a difference.

Nice work Andy! Interesting note about the added distance off the tee. Mine coming down towards and into single figures earlier this year coincided with more distance off the tee as well.

I've got a way to go to get below my 8.1 but the game is slowly coming back to where it was then.

Gaining some distance was pretty low hanging fruit for me with the low swing speed. I lost some control for a while during the speed training, but now that I have temporarily backed off that the control is starting to come back with added distance.

Never a bad thing. I didn't really do anything specific to gain distance, just made a small change with how my lower half moves in the downswing after my last lesson (about a year ago), and noticed the increased distance. Getting a driver suited to me and being confident with it probably helps too I suppose.

Me again. 6.0 now after playing to my handicap yesterday. It's a bit of a shame that they took my Par score instead of my gross score for the handicap, or else I'd be off 5.9.

I'm definitely in the best form that I've been in. I think last time I got to a similar handicap was because of a couple of really good rounds, but not consistently good golf like this.

The new irons are helping as those off centre hits still produce good results. I noticed a couple yesterday that were a little thin or out towards the toe, that still went at the target with good distance.

The thing I am struggling to get my head around is that my daily handicap at my home course is 4, yet I've never had an even par round anywhere in my life. I'm too consistent for my own good. 3.9 to 7.6 are the span of my current flags in the handicap.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Me again. 6.0 now after playing to my handicap yesterday. It's a bit of a shame that they took my Par score instead of my gross score for the handicap, or else I'd be off 5.9.

I'm definitely in the best form that I've been in. I think last time I got to a similar handicap was because of a couple of really good rounds, but not consistently good golf like this.

The new irons are helping as those off centre hits still produce good results. I noticed a couple yesterday that were a little thin or out towards the toe, that still went at the target with good distance.

The thing I am struggling to get my head around is that my daily handicap at my home course is 4, yet I've never had an even par round anywhere in my life. I'm too consistent for my own good. 3.9 to 7.6 are the span of my current flags in the handicap.
    Good going - but didn't you go even par at Lowood recently? Or was it one over?

I don't think that variance in flag rounds is that unusual - I'm at 2.3 at the moment, with flags between 0.0 and and 5.1. You don't need super-low rounds to maintain/reduce your handicap. I had a +3.1 flag at one point when my GA was around 1 (partly thanks to that round and another low one), but that was a career-best round.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Me again. 6.0 now after playing to my handicap yesterday. It's a bit of a shame that they took my Par score instead of my gross score for the handicap, or else I'd be off 5.9.I'm definitely in the best form that I've been in. I think last time I got to a similar handicap was because of a couple of really good rounds, but not consistently good golf like this. The new irons are helping as those off centre hits still produce good results. I noticed a couple yesterday that were a little thin or out towards the toe, that still went at the target with good distance.The thing I am struggling to get my head around is that my daily handicap at my home course is 4, yet I've never had an even par round anywhere in my life. I'm too consistent for my own good. 3.9 to 7.6 are the span of my current flags in the handicap.
    Good work, Andy. Consistency is not a bad thing, 👌

Thanks gents.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    Good going - but didn't you go even par at Lowood recently? Or was it one over?
    One over at Lowood with nines of one under and two over, and a one over at Wolston Park in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    I don't think that variance in flag rounds is that unusual - I'm at 2.3 at the moment, with flags between 0.0 and and 5.1. You don't need super-low rounds to maintain/reduce your handicap. I had a +3.1 flag at one point when my GA was around 1 (partly thanks to that round and another low one), but that was a career-best round.
    Right. My expectations of what my low round should be with my handicap is out of whack then. That's fine because shooting an even par round has been a stretch goal of late anyway. I'm definitely getting a few even par or under par nines happening, so I'm getting used to shooting lower.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

What about your crappy rounds ... i am at my lowest for at least 5 years, but i have still clocked up 5 rounds in the 20's in my last 10 rounds. So i dont think i am being very consistent, unless this is normal 😀

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    What about your crappy rounds ... i am at my lowest for at least 5 years, but i have still clocked up 5 rounds in the 20's in my last 10 rounds. So i dont think i am being very consistent, unless this is normal ������
    One at 17.6 in my last 20 which was the sixth round in five days. Played to 13.5 is the next worst after that.

Thread Information