Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 46 47 48 49 50 51
Results 1,251 to 1,254 of 1254
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

My memory is a bit hazy, but I was off 3 briefly under the old old system in the late 90's. 4 was about the lowest I played off for any length of time. I never committed the time to short game practice to get any lower than that, so I tended to hit it great tee to green, but hardly ever scrambled a par when I missed a GIR.

Restarted playing 6 months ago and am back in to single figures again, after drifting out to 14 while I sorted myself out. I don't hit it anywhere near as well or as far as I used to, but my short game is improving, so I'm getting better scores.

I'm playing off 8 now, but would like to get it down another couple to around 5-6 as that's what I feel like I should be off.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    All 8 rounds in the 70s for the first time ever.3.8
    Well... I blew out over the year as life challenges overtook golf.Today, back down to 4.1. One more round until the enforced layoff, and I blow out again.It's a funny game.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I can't believe I'm posting in this thread, but here I am.

After today's good round, I'm down to 6.1, which equates to a daily of 5 off the white tees. This is not lowest ever, but it is the lowest over the last 5 years as recorded in Golflink. I played one game off 5 in November 22, and immediately went back up again.

On 1 August 2023 I was off 9.6, and in October 2023 I was at the point of seriously considering giving the game away. I was off a daily of 10, and couldn't play to it because I couldn't get the ball into the hole. Throwing shots away near and on the greens was killing me.

I switched to cross-handed putting in desperation and it worked. I now hole more than i miss from 10 feet and closer, and the effect of that is that my chipping is now much better, partly because I don't feel under so much pressure to chip to tap-in distance.

My game hasn't changed much. Those who have played with me know I'm a good plodder. I hardly ever miss a fairway, get the ball somewhere near the green or on it, and my score depends on my short game.

The downside is that I now have to play cracking golf just to play to my handicap. The last time I shot a round better than 5 over was in November 21, but I'm off 5 on Mondays. I won't be winning a comp again for a long time.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Nice work, Jim. That's a great handicap for an old boy.

Thread Information