Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Default 4BBB and playing to individual HC in the background

Our club has decided to play 4bbb once a month, I have asked them to run stblfd in the background so I can play for my HC and they have said it's too hard to calculate. What do your clubs do? Someone from another club told me they always have sblfd in the background with 4bbb and prizes only go to the 4bbb game everyone just plays out the hole for their HC.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

We have individual cards and it automatically picks the best score when you put the 2 in (nominate partner at the pro shop before you start)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm not an expert on Miclub, but it doesn't appear too difficult to set it so it records a 4bbb score and an individual in conjunction.

That's what we do, and it seems to work (except I never win anything when it is best ball).
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dowdsy View Post
    Our club has decided to play 4bbb once a month, I have asked them to run stblfd in the background so I can play for my HC and they have said it's too hard to calculate. What do your clubs do? Someone from another club told me they always have sblfd in the background with 4bbb and prizes only go to the 4bbb game everyone just plays out the hole for their HC.
    Every 4bbb is single in conjunction. You just enter the single score in MiScore and the machine works it out. It also works with 3 in a group and one player playing with both others.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

We have now introduced a monthly 4BBB, and in almost every case, a single Stableford in conjunction.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I've rarely played golf without some type of 4ball game in my group, never really understood the need for it to be a comp. certainly not a stand alone one.

Not every week but we have a 4bbb in conjunction, several years ago we reduced the payout, only goes to the first 6-8 placegetters in a 200 plus field. AFAIK, got thru without much complaining.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Wynnum GC always runs a single stab in conjunction when it's a 4bbb or something a bit unusual. MiScore just calculates it all for you.

I won A grade "in conjunction" on Saturday actually, which is a nice consolation prize for when your partner in the 4bbb has 23 points.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

We have MyClub and it does it automatically.

Not sure if i can see the issue here... do you not have your last few games on the GA Handicap website ?

Mine doesn't run them in conjunction that I'm aware of. We all have single cards and scores when there's a best ball event on, but the computer works it out post round and they never count to the handicap record. I suspect it's because of the increased amount of "wipes" because nobody plays it as a single Stableford or whatever, we just pick up if we can't beat our partner's score on a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    Mine doesn't run them in conjunction that I'm aware of. We all have single cards and scores when there's a best ball event on, but the computer works it out post round and they never count to the handicap record. I suspect it's because of the increased amount of "wipes" because nobody plays it as a single Stableford or whatever, we just pick up if we can't beat our partner's score on a hole.
    got me beat .. it is ALWAYS "Singles in conjunction" with our comps and it is just a tick box in the software.

takes about 0.2sec in miclub

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Are you in Vic Dowdsy? I noticed when I was living down in Melbourne they never seemed to do the 4BBB in conjunction with singles, where as in Sydney there is always a singles in conjunction and pretty much a 4BBB or 2 Ball in conjunction with the singles every week except for medal rounds.

As some above have said the 4BBB is really just an also run thing with the Singles taking precedence. Once a year or so there is a serious 4BBB run where there is no singles.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    got me beat .. it is ALWAYS "Singles in conjunction" with our comps and it is just a tick box in the software.
    And its the standard advice from GA, for the benefit of handicapping all rounds.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

At my home club, we play 4BBB using singles cards.
    On some days there is a single comp (ie. Pro Shop 9 holes) but the main prize is against the 4BBB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gco0307 View Post
    At my home club, we play 4BBB using singles cards.
    On some days there is a single comp (ie. Pro Shop 9 holes) but the main prize is against the 4BBB
    My last club did the opposite, with only first place getting a prize in the 2BBB.
    If the field was large enough (ie. Saturday), then there would also be a 2BBB scratch prize.

A previous club prided itself on a Wednesday comp focused on the team event (with a singles in conjunction), and there were a number of handicap farmers.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    My last club did the opposite, with only first place getting a prize in the 2BBB.
    If the field was large enough (ie. Saturday), then there would also be a 2BBB scratch prize.

A previous club prided itself on a Wednesday comp focused on the team event (with a singles in conjunction), and there were a number of handicap farmers.
    Have only been with this club 12 months but once they did as your club and awarded primarily on the singles results (by grade) but did have places 1 to 5 in the 4BBB but other than that once, all the reverse

No, I am in W.A They tried it once with my request and it was a dogs breakfast, then they told me it could not be done next time I asked. The club pro said miclub are working on a fix for it, sounds like he has put it in the too hard basket or can't be bothered bin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Hacker View Post
    Are you in Vic Dowdsy? I noticed when I was living down in Melbourne they never seemed to do the 4BBB in conjunction with singles, where as in Sydney there is always a singles in conjunction and pretty much a 4BBB or 2 Ball in conjunction with the singles every week except for medal rounds.

As some above have said the 4BBB is really just an also run thing with the Singles taking precedence. Once a year or so there is a serious 4BBB run where there is no singles.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    For as long as I can remember it's been single w mixed 4bbb in conjunction on Sundays at my club.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Thread Information