Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of activity in here. Just FYI, things not looking for Handy Cap. Here is the email I am sending people who contact me

"Gday

Thanks for getting in touch. Apologies for the generic auto-reply email, but the volume of emails was getting too high to reply to personally.

Handy Cap is experiencing some technical issues at the moment, as the owners of the source data are now restricting access of that data to the app. This situation was always an ever-present possibility and unfortunately now it is looking more than likely that is has come to pass.

At this stage the future of Handy Cap is unclear, but I have removed it from Google Play Store and Apple App Store for the time being. I’ll endeavour to come to some sort of arrangement with the data owners where Handy Cap can continue to exist, but it remains to be seen how that will play out for now.

Handy Cap was always just a hobby project for me that I did for a bit of fun and to help out the Aussie golfing community. Thanks for all the compliments that people have sent my way over the years, I’m glad you all seemed to enjoy using the app that I developed.

Be sure to say hi if we ever cross paths out on the course

Cheers

Bradley Hohn"

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BGH View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the lack of activity in here. Just FYI, things not looking for Handy Cap. Here is the email I am sending people who contact me"GdayThanks for getting in touch. Apologies for the generic auto-reply email, but the volume of emails was getting too high to reply to personally.Handy Cap is experiencing some technical issues at the moment, as the owners of the source data are now restricting access of that data to the app. This situation was always an ever-present possibility and unfortunately now it is looking more than likely that is has come to pass.At this stage the future of Handy Cap is unclear, but I have removed it from Google Play Store and Apple App Store for the time being. I’ll endeavour to come to some sort of arrangement with the data owners where Handy Cap can continue to exist, but it remains to be seen how that will play out for now.Handy Cap was always just a hobby project for me that I did for a bit of fun and to help out the Aussie golfing community. Thanks for all the compliments that people have sent my way over the years, I’m glad you all seemed to enjoy using the app that I developed.Be sure to say hi if we ever cross paths out on the courseCheersBradley Hohn"
    Well that sucks but I appreciate the effort you put into it. It was good while it lasted

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Thanks Brad

Time to unload on Golf Australia again.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    In other news, water is pretty ****ing damp...
    Moist
    Forum needs more banter.

Member Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BGH View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the lack of activity in here. Just FYI, things not looking for Handy Cap. Here is the email I am sending people who contact me
    Thanks for the update. Such a shame that Golf Australia (i assume) are restricting access to the required data.

They should be throwing an offer your way to buy the app as it's clearly far better than anything they've been able to design themselves.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Thanks for the update. Such a shame that Golf Australia (i assume) are restricting access to the required data.

They should be throwing an offer your way to buy the app as it's clearly far better than anything they've been able to design themselves.

No thanks!!! They'll only fill it full of ads like every other thing they touch.

Default Handy Cap - Check your handicap history on Android... and now iOS!

Can’t even get to your name!!! Give yourself an uppercut Golf Australia.

Last edited by BUSHY; 17th January 2020 at 04:06 PM.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Thanks for the update. Such a shame that Golf Australia (i assume) are restricting access to the required data..
    Unlikely that its GA giving him access to the data, given the millions that they spend/spent on it. There is no way they would have granted access to a hobby. I have my suspicions how it was been done but I wouldnt mention it here, and neither would he.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It looks like I will finally have to create a log in, just to find out my handicap.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

The app is/was so much better than the GA website.
    I don’t like the format/layout of the website and I’m surprised that the people at GA can’t see it. It’s not great IMO.

BGH it’s a real shame, I know heaps of guys that use the app.

Ladies and gents,

Let's at least try to convince GA not to do this. handycap is too awesome and valuable to just let it die.

https://twitter.com/scott___warren/s...06756674416641

Would appreciate a like, a RT or a comment to show GA how you feel.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
    Ladies and gents,Let's at least try to convince GA not to do this. handycap is too awesome and valuable to just let it die.https://twitter.com/scott___warren/s...06756674416641Would appreciate a like, a RT or a comment to show GA how you feel.
    Done

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
    Ladies and gents,Let's at least try to convince GA not to do this. handycap is too awesome and valuable to just let it die.https://twitter.com/scott___warren/s...06756674416641Would appreciate a like, a RT or a comment to show GA how you feel.
    Done mate
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Are you sure that bringing this app to GA's attention is a good idea? Should ask the owner first.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Are you sure that bringing this app to GA's attention is a good idea? Should ask the owner first.
    We know that they clearly are anyway, buy they'd have to be ****ing idiots to not be aware of its existence.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Unlikely that its GA giving him access to the data, given the millions that they spend/spent on it. There is no way they would have granted access to a hobby. I have my suspicions how it was been done but I wouldnt mention it here, and neither would he.
    Do you really think they spent millions on golf link mates? That’d be malpractice considering how shit it was.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

The cost to maintain an app can be expensive, considering the cost of developers wages etc.

Surely they would be wise to contract our mate Bradley to run and re-brand the application Golflink

Defending the indefensible.

The Golf Australia handicap tool and website could not be shitter if they tried

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    The cost to maintain an app can be expensive, considering the cost of developers wages etc.Surely they would be wise to contract our mate Bradley to run and re-brand the application Golflink
    This! Or make him an offer for it.. Have seen plenty of people on Twitter blowing up that it no longer works!
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

Spam their Aussie Amateur posts on FB. Fire up! Make ridiculous statements.

Call for the board to be sacked for failing to allow innovation in the game

Outlandish statements will get reported on SEN...

Chopperlink

WITB

Member Club Champion

Understand the anger WBennett but attacking the FB page kind of punishes the two youngsters who did so well today to win the trophies don't you think? Plenty of ways to make your feelings known to GA without raining on Jed Morgan and Charlotte Heath's parade.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Spam their Aussie Amateur posts on FB. Fire up! Make ridiculous statements.

Call for the board to be sacked for failing to allow innovation in the game

Outlandish statements will get reported on SEN...
    Unfortunately they rarely get sacked despite some total incompetence like below.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/golf...22-gdutgd.html

The organising committee from GA were too busy having their free breakfast to see what was unfolding on the course.

The journo Tom Ramsay wrote a scathing article the next week calling for sackings and nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Morri View Post
    Understand the anger WBennett but attacking the FB page kind of punishes the two youngsters who did so well today to win the trophies don't you think? Plenty of ways to make your feelings known to GA without raining on Jed Morgan and Charlotte Heath's parade.
    Do you think GA would be listening in any other way?Protests have to cause some disruption to be effective.

Chopperlink

WITB

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Morri View Post
    RodBtw, I enjoy your work and podcasts. But... Notice there hasn't been a single post on the Aussie Amateur here? A couple of hundred people genuinely care.Most club golfers used HandyCap. And the annoyance amongst the rank and file is huge

Chopperlink

WITB

Thread Information