Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Default Vic Champs 2017 - Feb 9 - 13

Ozgolf Vic Champs 2017 Course Itinerary

Here it is Ozgolf, what you’ve been waiting for, the greatest champs of them all.

Thursday 9 February
    Sunshine Golf Club
    24 Booked
    2 tee start from 3.00 pm
    $35.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    No Carts (pull buggies available)
    No Catering available

Friday 10 February
    Commonwealth Golf Club
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 1.45 pm
    $225 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    Lunch, Dinner, Pull Buggies & Range Balls included

Saturday 11 February
    Waterford Valley Golf Course
    40 Booked
    2 tee start from 12.30 pm
    $50.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    15 Carts booked ($40 each, $20 per person)
    Standard Golf Club Bar & Snacks Available

Sunday 12 February
    Settlers Run Golf & Country Club
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 7.30 am
    $55.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    15 Carts booked ($40 each, $20 per person)

Monday 13 February
    Northern Golf Club
    24 Booked
    1 tee start from 7.45 am
    $55.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee

Total Golf Costs
    $35.00 - Sunshine
    $225.00 - Commonwealth
    $50.00 – Waterford Valley
    $55.00 – Settlers Run
    $55.00 – Northern
    $425.00 ($465.00 with shared cart on weekend)
    Plus
    $10.00 – per round for Prizes

Accommodation
    I have booked a group for accommodation at the hotel. 2 family rooms (sleeps 4), 8 twins (sleeps 2) and 4 singles. All rooms are $110 per night + $15.00 per person for breakfast. Just need to divide the cost by the number of people in the room, a single cost is $125.00 per night. A twin is $70.00 per night per person. A Family room with 3 people is $51.66 per night per person and a Family Room with 4 people is $42.50 per night per person. All bookings (and the rates quoted) include breakfast. There are no reductions for not having breakfast.

I have also booked a conference room for Thursday, Friday & Saturday night. So get your leave forms in and your name down here. Lefty is still treasurer so the Bank Details are the same as last year for your payments.

BSB: 303-092
    Account: 4959945
    Nicholas D Hoggan

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Getting back to reality sucks, but a few thoughts on the Vic Champs.

First things first – thanks to Lefty for the idea of Vic Champs and being the Spiritual Leader, ably assisted by his minion Courty. Those spreadsheets deserve an award.

A massive thanks to Andigold who not only organised the 5 courses, but organised accommodation, the much used function room, and the Thursday and Saturday meals.

To those who each ran a day – it might have seemed like a little thing to you, but by sharing the load, it made it easier for everyone else. Well done to all.

To my travelling partner and roomie – Frank the Tank. You are a bloody legend. A loose legend, but a legend nevertheless. From NAGA to Winner, and the first man to take the Most Drunk/Uncivil War Captain/Champ!
    Congrats to the daily winners Solarman (I still struggle to comprehend that), Captain Nemo, Frank the Tank, GK and Lefty.

A massive thanks to the guys who made late calls to come – GK and Benno_R, and Dotty for coming down a day early for the Uncivil War – yes, it made things challenging, but everything worked out and the weekend was better for your appearance.

To the rookies – Rickie, Feelzy, KJ, Slug, JoeS, Adlo, Grumpy – I hope you felt a part of what is a special weekend. 5 years ago I knew just one or two of these people IRL – now I look forward to my week of hanging out with them and hanging shit on them 12 months in advance. Lifelong friendships are made this weekend.

Finally, congrats to Rickie on the first 1 in Vic Champs history. Way to top off the weekend!

Now – to the courses. We played 5 genuinely different tracks this year. Sunshine was a good warmup, but struggled in condition compared to the remainder of the weekend. I really enjoyed the front 9 there – and how about the serenity…
    Commonwealth – absolutely magnificent. Not long, but valued smart play. Great greens, fun complexes, and I preferred it to Victoria – less brutal.
    Waterford Valley – a resort course in suburbia. Considering it’s a public track, it was in great condition and much better than I imagined it would be.
    Settlers Run – a cross between Moonah Legends and National Moonah – a ripping course. If only the houses didn’t intrude as much, but I could happily play there every week. When next in the area, I will be back there.
    Northern – an honest members track, wide, fairly straight forward. A good way to wind down after a tough week!

Bring on 2018!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

We can now measure keenness ... I averaged 9.0 l/100km to get there and only 8.3 to go home.

Thanks to all who organised, who put their hand up to volunteer (esp. Mr Auctioneer) and who made it a pleasure to be around for three days and two nights.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Thanks to the gang who coordinated the whole shebang (particularly Andigold, LeftyHoges, Captain Spud, Shazza_rs & Monsta).
    Thanks to the attendees who made the effort to travel from far & wide to make the Champs a success.
    Thanks to the debutants for jumping into the unknown to come along and play golf with a bunch of internet-dwelling axe murderers.
    Thanks to those who donated items for auctions/ prizes etc.
    Thanks to those who opened their wallets for the calcutta, auction & other novelties which all goes towards Beyond Blue.
    Thanks to those who assisted with the little things like offering a lift to out-of-towners, or shuffling sleeping arrangements to accommodate late entrants.
    Thanks to those who attended and competed in good spirit.
    And finally, thanks to all my playing partners for putting up with my mediocrity.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Thanks to the gang who coordinated the whole shebang (particularly Andigold, LeftyHoges, Captain Spud, Shazza_rs & Monsta).
    Thanks to the attendees who made the effort to travel from far & wide to make the Champs a success.
    Thanks to the debutants for jumping into the unknown to come along and play golf with a bunch of internet-dwelling axe murderers.
    Thanks to those who donated items for auctions/ prizes etc.
    Thanks to those who opened their wallets for the calcutta, auction & other novelties which all goes towards Beyond Blue.
    Thanks to those who assisted with the little things like offering a lift to out-of-towners, or shuffling sleeping arrangements to accommodate late entrants.
    Thanks to those who attended and competed in good spirit.
    And finally, thanks to all my playing partners for putting up with my mediocrity.
    And thank you Courty for the Sunday night Gelato run.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Well the dust has settled and I'm all caught up at work.

What another great weekend, it's definitely the weekend I look forward to the most all year and this was another cracker. Thanks go to everyone who came, there is no Vic Champs without a bunch of guys who are prepared to play golf, drink piss and have fun. It's that raucous infectious fun that makes the work worthwhile for all those who do it. The money man Lefty, Courty and his scoring/spreadsheet design, Benno for his shirts, running a day and de facto Master of Ceremonies gig, Monsta for the trophies, SundayHack for the birdie comp, dotty for bringing $1k worth of gear to sell for $400 at the auction, Shaz for running a day, Grumpy for donating some prizes, Newbies for making the trip. It's a group effort and I think it was just about flawless.

Bring on 2018!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thankyou very, very much to everyone involved in organising another great 5 days of golf, especially Andigold for the courses and culinary delights, Monsta for the trophies, Lefty and Courty for the prizes and spreadsheets, Benno (the original) for the stellar auctioneering, and everyone else who was involved in any way whether it be the daily organisers, drivers offering lifts, courier services, and all the rest.

Thankyou to all the guys (and girl) who put up with me and my terrible golf over the 5 days too, Grumpy8, LarryLong, Shazza_RS (twice), SundayHack (twice), Monsta, Peter_RS, Chappy, JoeS, MagicRick, KristianJ, Rickie Prowler and Courty.

Special thanks to Al for chauffering a couple of us around in style even though I held you up getting away on Thursday, it was always a pleasure.

On the golf front - clearly, I peaked way too early with 40 points round Sunshine, but as the women in my life would tell you that's nothing unusual. Shazza, I wish I could say I _did_ go easy on you, but I have no excuses, you just played better than me down the stretch and deserved to clean me up. Again. I'll get you next time, gadget..... As for the rest of the weekend, well being the clubhouse NAGA was probably the lowlight of my golfing career, but someone has to get it and it just happened to be me. Feelzy, thanks for taking one for the team and playing just badly enough on Sunday to take that dubious honour away from me. Shoulda heard my wife gasp when she saw the onesie....

Congratulations to all the winners, but obviously especially SundayHack for taking out the overall win. You played some fantastic consistent golf even on Saturday when you had the misfortune to score me and Monsta in your group and had to deal with us spraying it all over the show for the whole round, but it clearly didn't bother you at all (maybe the 11 Beam cans helped take your mind off it too). Between captaining the Union to a big win and then cleaning everyone up for the champs, you had a great weekend with the clubs. The other bloke who deserves a mention is Rickie Prowler, congrats on your hole in one, it was a pure shot and couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, well done and I hope you tell the story for many years to come.

At the end of the day though, golf is really not the most important thing in these weekends, it's a sideline to the evening shenanigans. Thankyou to everyone who came along and made it what it always is, probably the most entertaining week of my year. I came home sleep deprived, sore legged, blisters on top of blisters, with a new nickname, and feeling like I never want to see a golf course again, but no regrets.

Skeletor hopes to see you all again next year, and hopefully put on a better showing with the sticks. Peace out.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Official count from the tin is in.

ANOTHER $2640 TO BEYOND BLUE!!!! Thanks again to all for their amazing generosity.

I can officially announce that in 5 years of operation the VIC Champs has surpassed $10k in dollars donated to charity. Well done all!!!
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Blog Entries

Phenomenal
    Naturally grippy

Not bad for a bunch of scumbags using golf as an excuse to ditch their families and drink piss for a weekend.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

well done guys

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Awesome effort

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Wow great stuff lefty and the crew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Well done guys and gal.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Awesomeness
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

That's super impressive, and it makes me feel better about buying Monsta in the calcutta.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Awesome effort. Makes throwing cash on silly bets so worth it.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SundayHack View Post
    Awesome effort. Makes throwing cash on silly bets so worth it.
    If Courty won and Feelzy had the best daily score, then I could afford a set of PXG*.

* But they would probably just be up auction next year anyway.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    If Courty won and Feelzy had the best daily score, then I could afford a set of PXG*. * But they would probably just be up auction next year anyway.
    U go just fine with your driver, 5 hybrids, wedge and putter

Sorry 3 wood, 4 hybrids

Thread Information