Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Default Vic Champs 2017 - Feb 9 - 13

Ozgolf Vic Champs 2017 Course Itinerary

Here it is Ozgolf, what you’ve been waiting for, the greatest champs of them all.

Thursday 9 February
    Sunshine Golf Club
    24 Booked
    2 tee start from 3.00 pm
    $35.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    No Carts (pull buggies available)
    No Catering available

Friday 10 February
    Commonwealth Golf Club
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 1.45 pm
    $225 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    Lunch, Dinner, Pull Buggies & Range Balls included

Saturday 11 February
    Waterford Valley Golf Course
    40 Booked
    2 tee start from 12.30 pm
    $50.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    15 Carts booked ($40 each, $20 per person)
    Standard Golf Club Bar & Snacks Available

Sunday 12 February
    Settlers Run Golf & Country Club
    40 Booked
    1 tee start from 7.30 am
    $55.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee
    15 Carts booked ($40 each, $20 per person)

Monday 13 February
    Northern Golf Club
    24 Booked
    1 tee start from 7.45 am
    $55.00 Green Fee + $10.00 Prize Fee

Total Golf Costs
    $35.00 - Sunshine
    $225.00 - Commonwealth
    $50.00 – Waterford Valley
    $55.00 – Settlers Run
    $55.00 – Northern
    $425.00 ($465.00 with shared cart on weekend)
    Plus
    $10.00 – per round for Prizes

Accommodation
    I have booked a group for accommodation at the hotel. 2 family rooms (sleeps 4), 8 twins (sleeps 2) and 4 singles. All rooms are $110 per night + $15.00 per person for breakfast. Just need to divide the cost by the number of people in the room, a single cost is $125.00 per night. A twin is $70.00 per night per person. A Family room with 3 people is $51.66 per night per person and a Family Room with 4 people is $42.50 per night per person. All bookings (and the rates quoted) include breakfast. There are no reductions for not having breakfast.

I have also booked a conference room for Thursday, Friday & Saturday night. So get your leave forms in and your name down here. Lefty is still treasurer so the Bank Details are the same as last year for your payments.

BSB: 303-092
    Account: 4959945
    Nicholas D Hoggan

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    How much is Spanner going to go for at the Calcutta?
    About $35 a kilo, so u are up for some big coin!!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    How much is Spanner going to go for at the Calcutta?
    An opening bid of $200

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

We might have to have a calcutta for second. Can't see anybody else attracting any cash.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Maybe a username change to "the fav" is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Need Tom Waterhouse to run his eye over the field.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Maybe a username change to "the fav" is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or "hugely disappointing ****OX", either way
    Driver- Slazenger Bruce Devlin 1 1/2
    Fwy Wood - PGF Kel Nagle
    Irons - 2-PW Keith Knox R700
    Wedges - Wilson Jerry Pate
    Putter - ​Bulls Eye Copy

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

I'll try.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Need Tom Waterhouse to run his eye over the field.
    Did someone call?

I've been keeping an eye on the field and form, and have noticed that a few handicap farmers aren't making the trek this year. It looks like they have been suitably replaced (and yes SpanNKer, I am looking at you)

$3 – Lucasto23 -reigning champion. SCRATCHED due to breeding barn incident 9 months ago.
    $3 – Spanner039 – The Big Easy will win the long drive comp every day. Lucky its not the straight drive comp. But off 15? You have to be kidding me.
    $6 – OldRacer – wiley veteran with plenty of shots available. Always claims he is out of form, but you don't need to be in a lot of form with that many shots... Will he bring the NAGA bus or will Vicki finally stay home?
    $6 – Captain Nemo – was super competitive the last few years. New home course is a very good preparation, but may struggle without his security blankie Gammon. Will it be Nemo's table this year?
    $8 – Peter_RS – another experienced campaigner, and always wins a day. Can he win two? Depends if he is up all night listening to Shazza’s morning sickness.
    $8 – LeftyHoges - $1.01 to win the gross, and now gone full bushranger, should clean everything up easily. More likely to sleep on the balcony than win.
    $10 - GK - Off the Emergency list, former champ with ordinary form away from Mornington Peninsula where the courses are wide enough for him to avoid sand.
    $10 – BenM – half the man he once was, but with twice the handicap. Will win most chin-ups competition and the Monday round with superior fitness
    $10 – Andigold – down to a career lowest handicap, his form over farming methodology is a new concept for an Ozgolf Champs.
    $12 – SundayHack – Recent barrier trial at hungover golf saw a spew on the 3rd and 42 points. Shot in from 50/s to 12’s on the whisper of those in the know
    $15 – Courty – will win the fashion, but 2 rounds of 32 points won’t win the champs. If the spreadsheet cops a magic pencil, look out…
    $15 – Adlo – the only WAnker in this years field, will be late for his tee time looking for the perfect coffee. WAnkers have great form in this event so pressure is on.
    $16 – Shazza_RS – unbackable for the Womens and With Child’ grades, may find the grind tough by Sunday.
    $16 - Feelzy - Unknown quantity with a shiny new handicap. His username will attract Solarman's attention like a moth to a flame.
    $20 – Rickie Prowler – crazy Irishman with a big handicap. Played last 20 rounds at home course, 5 rounds at new courses will be too much
    $20 – Grumpy8 – something will annoy him Thursday and won’t be over it by Sunday.
    $20 – Slug – local smokey, and reminds me of a certain Maryborough based burglar. Non-drinker may assist as we come down the stretch.
    $25 – LarryLong – as consistant as the Richmond football club he loves, a good bet for 40 points one day and 20 the next.
    $25 – KristianJ – debutant – long odds as still a chance to pull out of the event. Most likely to win the Lefty-Lookalike competition.
    $40 – Dotty – the sandbelt suits the 180 straighty, but Settlers wont. Only misses fairways when the carry to get there is too long (120m)
    $50 – Monsta – out to a happy 12 or 13, Monsta has hot streaks and cold streaks. Overdue a lukewarm streak in Victoria
    $100 – Solarman – will be ok as long as he doesn’t find a bunker. There are no bunkers in Victoria, right?
    $100 – wbennett – more chance of Donald Trump quitting twitter than Spud bringing home the choccies
    Remember to please bet responsibly and stay away from those pricks at TAB.

15?
    Driver- Slazenger Bruce Devlin 1 1/2
    Fwy Wood - PGF Kel Nagle
    Irons - 2-PW Keith Knox R700
    Wedges - Wilson Jerry Pate
    Putter - ​Bulls Eye Copy

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by spanner039 View Post
    15?
    That fish is getting pretty big now. By the time champs rolls around you'll be getting some holes with 2 shots!
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Waterhouse View Post
    Did someone call?

$8 – Peter_RS – another experienced campaigner, and always wins a day. Can he win two? Depends if he is up all night listening to Shazza’s morning sickness.
    Hah.. I would have been more likely to spew from drinking than from morning sickness (haven't chucked yet).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    Hah.. I would have been more likely to spew from drinking than from morning sickness (haven't chucked yet).
    Wait until you see what Larry Long is wearing on the weekend.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    You'll be spewing when Beneminem starts draining birdie putts on Friday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Wait until you see what Larry Long is wearing on the weekend.
    I'm aiming for Dotty circa 1969, but I'm not doing all that well this year.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    I'm aiming for Dotty circa 1969, but I'm not doing all that well this year.
    That was the year that my mother stopped dressing me like the Von Trapp children and started dressing me like Huggy Bear.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Waterhouse View Post
    Did someone call?

I've been keeping an eye on the field and form, and have noticed that a few handicap farmers aren't making the trek this year. It looks like they have been suitably replaced (and yes SpanNKer, I am looking at you)

$3 – Lucasto23 -reigning champion. SCRATCHED due to breeding barn incident 9 months ago.
    $3 – Spanner039 – The Big Easy will win the long drive comp every day. Lucky its not the straight drive comp. But off 15? You have to be kidding me.
    $6 – OldRacer – wiley veteran with plenty of shots available. Always claims he is out of form, but you don't need to be in a lot of form with that many shots... Will he bring the NAGA bus or will Vicki finally stay home?
    $6 – Captain Nemo – was super competitive the last few years. New home course is a very good preparation, but may struggle without his security blankie Gammon. Will it be Nemo's table this year?
    $8 – LeftyHoges - $1.01 to win the gross, and now gone full bushranger, should clean everything up easily. More likely to sleep on the balcony than win.
    $10 - GK - Off the Emergency list, former champ with ordinary form away from Mornington Peninsula where the courses are wide enough for him to avoid sand.
    $10 – BenM – half the man he once was, but with twice the handicap. Will win most chin-ups competition and the Monday round with superior fitness
    $10 – Andigold – down to a career lowest handicap, his form over farming methodology is a new concept for an Ozgolf Champs.
    $12 – SundayHack – Recent barrier trial at hungover golf saw a spew on the 3rd and 42 points. Shot in from 50/s to 12’s on the whisper of those in the know
    $15 – Courty – will win the fashion, but 2 rounds of 32 points won’t win the champs. If the spreadsheet cops a magic pencil, look out…
    $15 – Adlo – the only WAnker in this years field, will be late for his tee time looking for the perfect coffee. WAnkers have great form in this event so pressure is on.
    $16 – Shazza_RS – unbackable for the Womens and With Child’ grades, may find the grind tough by Sunday.
    $16 - Feelzy - Unknown quantity with a shiny new handicap. His username will attract Solarman's attention like a moth to a flame.
    $20 – Rickie Prowler – crazy Irishman with a big handicap. Played last 20 rounds at home course, 5 rounds at new courses will be too much
    $20 – Grumpy8 – something will annoy him Thursday and won’t be over it by Sunday.
    $20 – Slug – local smokey, and reminds me of a certain Maryborough based burglar. Non-drinker may assist as we come down the stretch.
    $25 – LarryLong – as consistant as the Richmond football club he loves, a good bet for 40 points one day and 20 the next.
    $25 – KristianJ – debutant – long odds as still a chance to pull out of the event. Most likely to win the Lefty-Lookalike competition.
    $40 – Dotty – the sandbelt suits the 180 straighty, but Settlers wont. Only misses fairways when the carry to get there is too long (120m)
    $50 – Monsta – out to a happy 12 or 13, Monsta has hot streaks and cold streaks. Overdue a lukewarm streak in Victoria
    $100 – Solarman – will be ok as long as he doesn’t find a bunker. There are no bunkers in Victoria, right?
    $100 – wbennett – more chance of Donald Trump quitting twitter than Spud bringing home the choccies
    That's pure gold Tommy boy!
    Spanner is overs.....

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

The only people who are staying at the hotel that I haven't heard from about dinner Saturday night are the __rs's & rickie prowler. Are you guys eating with us?

Blog Entries

All paid up.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Nick i just paid $170 to you from Grumpy

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Member Trainee Pro

Sounds great andy. Thank you for the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by chappy1970 View Post
    Nick i just paid $170 to you from Grumpy

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    thankyou

I am having a few issues with my back ,played up on sat, really struggled to get the ball in the hole ( my golf )and struggled to get down low enough to get it out (my back ) so maybe in need of a cart , getting thru sunday might be the hardest , is there a spare seat ? is it to late to book ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    I am having a few issues with my back ,played up on sat, really struggled to get the ball in the hole ( my golf )and struggled to get down low enough to get it out (my back ) so maybe in need of a cart , getting thru sunday might be the hardest , is there a spare seat ? is it to late to book ?
    I've booked a cart on Sat. and Sun. (I'll have my trolley in the car for Friday's game anyway.)

You can acquire my cart seats, if needed to get you through the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    I've booked a cart on Sat. and Sun. (I'll have my trolley in the car for Friday's game anyway.)

You can acquire my cart seats, if needed to get you through the weekend.
    thanks, I think i will be right for the first two but getting thru sunday might be another story , i usually don't play consecutive days .

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Ummmm,Melbourne is turning it on.Wet weather,blistering heat,then more wet weather.Pack your wet weather gear and bathers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Ummmm,Melbourne is turning it on.Wet weather,blistering heat,then more wet weather.Pack your wet weather gear and bathers
    Bucketed down on the coast today. I'm sure that's the last rain for a little while.

Maybe.

Thread Information