Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Post New Driver, New Shaft, Same Slice

Hi all,

I've recently gotten right back into golf and am about to gather my handicap. I've had a few years off after a should reco and never really played. Since I'm fully recovered, I noticed my driving game went to RUBBISH!! I was hitting boomerangs off the tee - just feral stuff.
    I went into my Drummon Golf and after a few swings with my old driver, we quickly worked out that a Regular flex shaft was not going to cut it. I ended up going all out and bought a brand new TaylorMade M2, with a extra stiff shaft (Average swing speed of 117mph).

Now, on the day, I''d gone from a 205m carry and go find my ball a fairway over, to a 265m slight draw - I'd hit gold.

But after a couple lessons with my local pro to straighten out some of my mid irons, I've gone back to hitting massive bomerangs again.

Is there something that I may have changed or have I forgotten to change something in my address when hitting off the tee?

Cheers!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyDye View Post
    Hi all,

I've recently gotten right back into golf and am about to gather my handicap. I've had a few years off after a should reco and never really played. Since I'm fully recovered, I noticed my driving game went to RUBBISH!! I was hitting boomerangs off the tee - just feral stuff.
    I went into my Drummon Golf and after a few swings with my old driver, we quickly worked out that a Regular flex shaft was not going to cut it. I ended up going all out and bought a brand new TaylorMade M2, with a extra stiff shaft (Average swing speed of 117mph).

Now, on the day, I''d gone from a 205m carry and go find my ball a fairway over, to a 265m slight draw - I'd hit gold.

But after a couple lessons with my local pro to straighten out some of my mid irons, I've gone back to hitting massive bomerangs again.

Is there something that I may have changed or have I forgotten to change something in my address when hitting off the tee?

Cheers!
    There are truly way too many variables to be able to accurately guess why it's happening.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Sounds like u need a new putter!!!!😃

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Back to your pro bud, he will know what's going on, not us choppers

Change takes time. Lots of practice. We live in a world where we have everything NOW. Golf is not part of that world.Work hard, practice smart and the M2 will be fine. It's you, not the M2.

Thanks to all who commented. Lesson booked for Wednesday! Will post back in a while with practiced results

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dee cee View Post
    Change takes time. Lots of practice. We live in a world where we have everything NOW. Golf is not part of that world.Work hard, practice smart and the M2 will be fine. It's you, not the M2.
    That's way too sensible. Hit it once, if it doesn't work, ho it!

Member Teaching Pro

Should of got the new 917D2 that should fix you up.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Definitely need a pro, hacks giving advice will lead to more hack

Old thread. Wonder how he's going?

Thread Information