Was down for a few days catching up with my daughter who moved down there recently. Haven’t been there since 1982 so was expecting a lot of changes but only major ones I’ve noticed is that it seems a lot greener than when I was here last and the traffic is much worse. – Hired a car one day and couldn’t believe the delays getting around – particularly around the South Yarra and Prahran areas.
More Asians noticed than Italians.
Love the little suburban strip shops.
It really is a great looking city – was staying on Fitzroy Rd at St Kilda across from the green of Albert Park and next to the neighbouring St Kilda streets and ‘beach’… – great looking old houses and lots of trees! Loved Acland Street.
Albert Park golf course looks pretty rubbish.
Does Melbourne really need a crappy big ferris wheel…
Lots of the property prices I’ve noticed seem cheaper than comparable stuff in Brisbane but that’s only an observation after a few days so may not be fully accurate.
The free city trams are a good idea, although I reckon only 1 in 10 people were swiping on and off outside the free zones – didn’t see any translink officers. inner city outside dining cheaper than Brisbane and my old golf courses I played as a teenager [Cheltenham and ‘Royal’ Sandringham look just like I remember] – will bring clubs next time and have a hit.