Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by goughy View Post
    Been meaning to see it for a long time now, must pull finger out!
    Some haven't liked it but others love it. I loved it. Watched Death Wish the Bruce Willis version, was ok.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Gotta watch Deadpool 2 super duper cut some time soon...
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    A Quiet Place - wow. For lovers of the horror/thriller it's a ripper. The tension is amped up extremely early and stays with you throughout the entire film. Plenty of edge of your seat stuff.
    It was pretty good. I’m not normally in horror type movies but I enjoyed this. Also saw the new Mission Impossible movie yesterday. If you like the previous ones, you’ll love this. Very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It was pretty good. I’m not normally in horror type movies but I enjoyed this. Also saw the new Mission Impossible movie yesterday. If you like the previous ones, you’ll love this. Very entertaining.
    Apparently the new M.I. is awesome and still some. It's on the list for sure.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    Apparently the new M.I. is awesome and still some. It's on the list for sure.
    After the stinker of MI2, every MI after it was better... never came out of a movie angry before..... (Hulk with Eric Bana was another one, while Battlefield Earth was so bad it was an Funny Angry)

Another thing I have gripe with is Jack Reacher... I am listening to the audio book and have to admit it is a fund and entertaining story to listen to...but the guy suppose to be massive giant at 6'5" tall, while the movie is played by a shorty Tom Cruise? If its played by someone like the Rock, probably would have been better... /rant

People had the same issue with Hugh Jackman and the dude who played Cyclops in X-Men. Wolverine is a short ass and Cyclops was tall, but the actors ended up being the other way round.

I enjoyed the first Jack Reacher, but the second one was a dog's breakfast!

Haven't really seen the last 3 MI's. Will have to get on that. There's some thing come out later that shows how the faster/frequency of Tom Cruise running in a movie the more successful they are.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

the mummy was pretty DREADFUL too

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    After the stinker of MI2, every MI after it was better... never came out of a movie angry before..... (Hulk with Eric Bana was another one, while Battlefield Earth was so bad it was an Funny Angry)

Another thing I have gripe with is Jack Reacher... I am listening to the audio book and have to admit it is a fund and entertaining story to listen to...but the guy suppose to be massive giant at 6'5" tall, while the movie is played by a shorty Tom Cruise? If its played by someone like the Rock, probably would have been better... /rant
    Fair enough mate. I'd not read the books so had no expectations of height etc. A mate had read the books tho and was unhappy as well.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Equalizer 2. Not quite as good as the first installment but still pretty good.

Apparently that's the first time Denzel has done a sequel movie! I think I did't mind the first, cept I was a huge fan of the TV show back in the day, so it felt a bit wrong.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I am spending 22 hours on two planes tomorrow (and technically the next day as well), so I should have quite a few items to enter into this thread shortly.

As a warmup, I watched Starship Troopers earlier in the week.

I absolutely hated it. It broke all the rules of satire and/or parody by taking itself way too seriously and not being funny in the slightest. There was a good shower scene though.

I'm looking forward to seeing what is on offer on the Qatar Airlines entertainment system.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I thought Starship Troopers was excellent, and not at all intended to be a comedy so no wonder you were disappointed that it wasn't funny.

Are you sure you weren't expecting Super Troopers and just got them mixed up?

Starship Troopers is sensational, watched it on the big screen and the audience was rapt.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post

Jowe Manganiello was supposed to be cast as Jack Reacher originally but the studio didn't feel he had enough "star power" to do it justice, which is why they cast Tom Cruise.

I saw in an interview that Alexander Skarsgard mentioned he would have loved to of played a character like Jack Reacher or Dirk Pitt.
    Last edited by grandmasterb; 13th August 2018 at 10:51 AM.
    "SHANKS FOR THE MEMORIES"

Upgrade. One of the best low budget sci-fi films I've seen recently. Shot in Melbourne with a completely unknown cast.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasterb View Post
    Jowe Manganiello was supposed to be cast as Jack Reacher originally but the studio didn't feel he had enough "star power" to do it justice, which is why they cast Tom Cruise.

I saw in an interview that Alexander Skarsgard mentioned he would have loved to of played a character like Jack Reacher or Dirk Pitt.
    Tarzan might have done Reacher justice. Certainly looks more appropriate.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Pan View Post
    Upgrade. One of the best low budget sci-fi films I've seen recently. Shot in Melbourne with a completely unknown cast.
    Got this lined up to watch sometime soon. Logan Marshall-Green isn't exactly 'unknown' fwiw. Watch 'Quarry' for easily his best work, brilliant acting. A damn shame they didn't continue with it.

Senior Member Major Winner

Oceans eight

Short answer.. No
    Long answer.. Fk No

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    Oceans eight

Short answer.. No
    Long answer.. Fk No
    You had to watch it to work that out?
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    You had to watch it to work that out?
    I thought it might have a bit of charm... some funny bits... some clever bits.

I was so wrong.

I loved 11, 12 was ok'ish, 13 I didn't finish and never entertained the idea of watching 8.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Wow words goughy

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I am spending 22 hours on two planes tomorrow (and technically the next day as well), so I should have quite a few items to enter into this thread shortly.

As a warmup, I watched Starship Troopers earlier in the week.

I absolutely hated it. It broke all the rules of satire and/or parody by taking itself way too seriously and not being funny in the slightest. There was a good shower scene though.

I'm looking forward to seeing what is on offer on the Qatar Airlines entertainment system.
    As suggested above I have watched a few movies that were new to me, and a few older ones. I have discovered that I don't wish to make much effort while on a plane, particularly when sleep deprived. I actually abandoned a few attempts when they didn't grab me in the first 10 minutes.
    The Martian did grab me and didn't let go. I loved it.
    Interstellar was good, but not nearly as good. Interesting that Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain were in both films.
    I revisited the original Die Hard. Still a classic.
    In a totally different genre There's Something about Mary also stands up to repeated viewing.
    The original Star wars wasn't quite as good, but I am going to take the opportunity to see the entire sequence over the next few plane rides.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Kyan watched die hard for the first time a few weeks ago! It's actually nice to see a movie without all the digital effects, and still one of the greatest action and greatest Xmas movies of all Time!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

I got in a few more fillums over recent plane rides. With my short attention span and overly critical viewpoint, and lack of FOMO, I'm not likely to be posting again here a for while.

Goughy has probably updated himself already, but I liked Deadpool2. inevitably it wasn't as good as the original, but there were enough instances of sharp dialogue to keep me entertained through the ridiculous special effect fight scenes.

Amazingly, I realised about half way through that I had never actually watched all of The Big Lebowski in one sitting from start to end. I had usually just watched a few classic scenes and switched off. Just as amazingly, for an Aeroplane Version, it was uncensored, with the full 10 million f words. The classic scenes are still classic, but it is a film that doesn't quite work.

I also saw Gattaca, which I didn't like much. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting, but not in a good way.

I rewatched The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. While a bit repetitive in following the formula, they stand up quite well, 30 years later. It was noticeable that Mark Hamill aged quite a bit between Star Wars and Jedi, while Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher barely seemed to age at all.

I also saw bits of a number of films on TV in Croatia dubbed into other languages. It was really bizarre to watch Crocodile Dundee in LA in German. Surely Hoges couldn't have dubbed his own voice into German, but it really did sound like him.

Thread Information