Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hamo84 View Post
    almost as much fun as watching JS chunk his way through the 12th
    Yep, I'll admit I did enjoy that a bit. But, I'll give the boy credit for the interviews after the rounds. Handled himself pretty well I thought.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Yep, I'll admit I did enjoy that a bit. But, I'll give the boy credit for the interviews after the rounds. Handled himself pretty well I thought.
    totally agree, first Ernie and now JS. Have to admire the way they face up to the media
    Driver - TM R11S 10.5
    Fwy - TM Rocketballz Tour 3 14.5
    Irons -
    TM Burner 2.0 3-PW
    Wedges –
    TM ATV 56 and 60
    Putter -
    TM Fontana Ghost (JDM Spec)
    Ball:
    Titleist NXT Tour
    Bag
    TM Hybrid Stand bag
    Shoes -
    Footjoy DryJoys

Default How good is Jordan Spieth!?!?

Bump for benno_r.

7 birdies and a quad in the last round. Still boring?

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I dont think his meltdown will hurt him, I'm tipping he will win in his next few starts...
    Stick with him slow play, boring or not he's better than most day in day out.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Bump for benno_r.

7 birdies and a quad in the last round. Still boring?
    His golf was theoretically more watchable today, unfortunately he ruins it with his constant jibber and Keegen-esque pre shot routine.

On golf shots alone, way less boring.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    His golf was theoretically more watchable today, unfortunately he ruins it with his constant jibber and Keegen-esque pre shot routine.On golf shots alone, way less boring.
    I think it's because he gets so much tv coverage you see all his emotions and chatter....But if you watched 85% of the field they would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I think it's because he gets so much tv coverage you see all his emotions and chatter....But if you watched 85% of the field they would be the same.
    Nah, I think he just can't shut up. Look at everyone else - other people might say it on the occasional dicey shot. He says it on everything.

Anyway, he is moving the needle more now - people are talking about the way he was trashing his caddy, his "deer in the headlights" in Butler cabin, putting 2 in the creek on a par 3, "is it the greatest choke in major history" discussions.

I can only assume he is taking my feedback on board.

He must be VC, you stalking him on social media!

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I dont think his meltdown will hurt him, I'm tipping he will win in his next few starts...
    Stick with him slow play, boring or not he's better than most day in day out.
    I disagree. I think this round will hurt him a lot. We saw a mental weakness we haven't seen before. It was fairly similar to Rory's 2011 meltdown, and it took Rory a while to bounce back. And, to go slightly off-topic, Rory seems to be going through it again.

Somebody commented a bit earlier in this thread that he seemed more twitchy than ever, and I believe this is a very bad sign. There was more than a touch of Jim Furyk in him today (and not just his hairline). If he continues to do what he is doing he might come out OK, but if he does a Tiger and starts changing his swing or his putting grip, it wouldn't surprise me to see him crash altogether. His putting is holding him up right now, but if it goes he might turn into a Martin Kaymer - great when everything is going right, but not really a contender if it isn't.

I hope I'm wrong though. I like his play, even though I'd like him to do it all a bit faster.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Playing with balding Jordan Spieth ruined the tournament for Rory. He looked like he was sick of waiting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I disagree. I think this round will hurt him a lot. We saw a mental weakness we haven't seen before. It was fairly similar to Rory's 2011 meltdown, and it took Rory a while to bounce back. And, to go slightly off-topic, Rory seems to be going through it again.

Somebody commented a bit earlier in this thread that he seemed more twitchy than ever, and I believe this is a very bad sign. There was more than a touch of Jim Furyk in him today (and not just his hairline). If he continues to do what he is doing he might come out OK, but if he does a Tiger and starts changing his swing or his putting grip, it wouldn't surprise me to see him crash altogether. His putting is holding him up right now, but if it goes he might turn into a Martin Kaymer - great when everything is going right, but not really a contender if it isn't.

I hope I'm wrong though. I like his play, even though I'd like him to do it all a bit faster.
    Didn't Rory win the very next major?
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by timah! View Post
    Didn't Rory win the very next major?
    Only by 8.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post

This thread is about how good Jordan Speith is. Please stay on topic.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

image.jpg A little yeah yeah required

Member Club Pro

They've just released a photo of them fixing where Spieth took his 3rd shot on 12 fromScreenshot_2016-04-11-20-12-11-1.jpg

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I don't think it was a meltdown, but just a bad shot at the wrong time. Spieth is a shut to open player with little rotation of the clubface through impact. A strike towards the toe will jar the face open with this type of release, which is exactly what happened. The other three times he played the hole he kept towards the centre of the green, so he would have been aiming well left of the flag stick trying for a straight shot or a touch of fade.
    The shot from the drop zone was on a downslope and not easy if he caught a bad lie.
    He rebounded pretty well the next couple of holes. Thought he may have holed the birdie putt on 16 but it wasn't to be. I was hoping he would force a play-off.
    He has to flick that lob wedge with 4* bounce at Augusta. He needs more bounce for uphill pitches where the attack angle is steep.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    I don't think it was a meltdown, but just a bad shot at the wrong time. Spieth is a shut to open player with little rotation of the clubface through impact. A strike towards the toe will jar the face open with this type of release, which is exactly what happened. The other three times he played the hole he kept towards the centre of the green, so he would have been aiming well left of the flag stick trying for a straight shot or a touch of fade.
    The shot from the drop zone was on a downslope and not easy if he caught a bad lie.
    He rebounded pretty well the next couple of holes. Thought he may have holed the birdie putt on 16 but it wasn't to be. I was hoping he would force a play-off.
    He has to flick that lob wedge with 4* bounce at Augusta. He needs more bounce for uphill pitches where the attack angle is steep.
    Sounda like it's was the hole'a fault!!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Sounda like it's was the hole'a fault!!!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Or flat feet.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Or flat feet.
    As long as it's not a a melt down.

image.jpg seems to be going ok?

Member Club Pro

Hmmm I don't know about that....has that hair got a tinge of red

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Hmmm I don't know about that....has that hair got a tinge of red
    she a darkie

That was part of the problem, he didn't go to the Drop Zone. He now knows he should have.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping S159 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

A bad lie at Augusta?

Thread Information