Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    There are a couple of points being missed in all this hysteria.

Firstly, it seems that Jordan is suffering from Tiger Syndrome. The expectations are so high that when he doesn't win, people (ie the golf media) ask him why he didn't win. Top 5 isn't good enough, they want to know why he didn't win, and if he answers the way he did, that gets built up. He'll learn to say bland things like Ï just didn't hole enough putts in future.

Secondly, and more importantly for us, he has realised he isn't Superman. That means he will plan his schedule more carefully. Unfortunately, that may mean that if the Tiger World Challenge is on the week after the Australian Open, he (and many others) might choose not to come Australia, no matter how good the appearance money is. For reasons I don't understand, they all seem to play in the Tiger Challenge every year.
    Or he has watched himself play and got really sleepy!!!!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Or he has read all of jimandr's recent posts back to back and has become really sleepy.

Banned

There are a couple of points being missed in all this hysteria.

Firstly, it seems that Jordan is suffering from Tiger Syndrome. The expectations are so high that when he doesn't win, people (ie the golf media) ask him why he didn't win. Top 5 isn't good enough, they want to know why he didn't win, and if he answers the way he did, that gets built up. He'll learn to say bland things like Ï just didn't hole enough putts in future.

Secondly, and more importantly for us, he has realised he isn't Superman. That means he will plan his schedule more carefully. Unfortunately, that may mean that if the Tiger World Challenge is on the week after the Australian Open, he (and many others) might choose not to come Australia, no matter how good the appearance money is. For reasons I don't understand, they all seem to play in the Tiger Challenge every year.
    I can think of a couple of reasons why they might choose to play if invited. No cut, top players (good world ranking points), big prize money for a limited field (only got to beat 17 other blokes) and the tournament provides funds for charity. What's more, this yeat it was in the Bahama's! Who wouldn't want to go there. It's close to home for a lot of them too so no long flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Or he has read all of jimandr's recent posts back to back and has become really sleepy.
    clearly you didn't when prepping your deck.

Senior Member Major Winner

Just came home and flicked the Singapore open on. Jordan had sprayed a drive behind a tree. Watching him play a punch cut to a crappy greenside lie, struggle a chip past the hole, lip out a par and tap in a bogey, was surprisingly watchable.

Now before everyone gets up in arms, I was enjoying it because it was good to see him manufacture some tough shots from tricky lies, and it wasn't going to plan and he was grinding. I think for me golf is enjoyable when people are grinding, swashbuckling, or bombing.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Aww, bennyboo.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Spieth is a lot more exciting than the squids in the last group that finished 46 minutes behind in round three and are currently 2 holes behind today.

Finally on the clock.
    Forum needs more banter.

Speith is +8 maybe he should think like everyone else

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/jord...ocial_facebook

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Speith is +8 maybe he should think like everyone else

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/jord...ocial_facebook
    Probably thinking where he could have his next nap, poor tired fella.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Probably thinking where he could have his next nap, poor tired fella.
    He was already napping today at Riviera!

Anyone who watched the golf this morning should now understand why Jordan is boring.

Scotty's couple of iron shots, the driving display from both him and Rory, the couple of fairway bunker shots again from both of them.

Phil was at his exciting best... bashing driver at everything.

Jordan didnt even make the coverage... as #1.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    Anyone who watched the golf this morning should now understand why Jordan is boring.

Scotty's couple of iron shots, the driving display from both him and Rory, the couple of fairway bunker shots again from both of them.

Good point Virge. Tiger always got coverage when he was playing no matter how bad he was doing. It was annoying but there's no argument Tiger moves the needle but JS doesn't for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Good point Virge. Tiger always got coverage when he was playing no matter how bad he was doing. It was annoying but there's no argument Tiger moves the needle but JS doesn't for most.
    I wouldn't be comparing anyone to Woods tho in this regard. He gets more coverage hitting a 9 iron off a mat than many do near the top of a tourney.

Lost your PM too mate but have only hit SPO in a single iron anyways.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    I wouldn't be comparing anyone to Woods tho in this regard. He gets more coverage hitting a 9 iron off a mat than many do near the top of a tourney.

Lost your PM too mate but have only hit SPO in a single iron anyways.
    Yeah he was unique I guess.

No worries at all mate. I think eventually I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a set and try them. Might as well try everything!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

is it just me or is he getting "jittery"???????

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    is it just me or is he getting "jittery"???????
    Probably cos he is over tired!!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Probably cos he is over tired!!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

He looks to be enjoying himself and why wouldn't he? The way he has the media eating out of his hand is impressive - they love him. More $$$$$$s in the bank, thanks very much.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post

The boring formula just failed its first test.

I switched over to the replay of the golf after the League finished. The first shot I saw was a Paul Casey drive and then... J Spieth chipping on 16. Two shots later, there he was holing his short birdie putt, and not long after, we saw his approach to 17.

In any case, measuring interest from the US network coverage is unreliable. Both networks are notorious for following their pre-determined script, and ignoring players who aren't on their story-telling agenda for the day. The only shot I saw from Aniban Lahiri was his putt on 18, and he was running fourth for a while, in front of Phil Mickelson.

Nevertheless, the point is reasonably valid. There is no doubt that Jordan isn't as sexy in a golf sense as Phil, Rory, Bubba or Rickie. So if he isn't in contention he won't get the same TV time as others.

It might be interesting to monitor non-contender TV time over the rest of the year though, just to see who we see and who we don't.

But, to get back on topic, whether he is dull and boring or not, he is a very good golfer, even if he isn't firing on all cylinders right now. The Masters is still two months away.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

The boring formula just failed its first test.

I switched over to the replay of the golf after the League finished. The first shot I saw was a Paul Casey drive and then... J Spieth chipping on 16. Two shots later, there he was holing his short birdie putt, and not long after, we saw his approach to 17.

In any case, measuring interest from the US network coverage is unreliable. Both networks are notorious for following their pre-determined script, and ignoring players who aren't on their story-telling agenda for the day. The only shot I saw from Aniban Lahiri was his putt on 18, and he was running fourth for a while, in front of Phil Mickelson.

Nevertheless, the point is reasonably valid. There is no doubt that Jordan isn't as sexy in a golf sense as Phil, Rory, Bubba or Rickie. So if he isn't in contention he won't get the same TV time as others.

It might be interesting to monitor non-contender TV time over the rest of the year though, just to see who we see and who we don't.

But, to get back on topic, whether he is dull and boring or not, he is a very good golfer, even if he isn't firing on all cylinders right now. The Masters is still two months away.
    One month away.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    One month away.
    Woohoo!

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Go Jordan
    Forum needs more banter.

Hope the punters club followed my suggestion to put the bonus bet on him...

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Hope the punters club followed my suggestion to put the bonus bet on him...
    That's a negatory

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Career scoring average around Augusta now almost 68. Going to win alot of jackets if that keeps up.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

Thread Information