Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

I find this whole thread very boring.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    I find this whole thread very boring.
    Highly successful though.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Highly successful though.
    Undisputed.

Could well be the best one day.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    To be fair, it wasn't a defence of Spieth but pointing out how ridiculous Jazz was being.
    That's exactly where I'm at.

If Spieth was Australian the boys wouldn't have said a thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    That's exactly where I'm at.

If Spieth was Australian the boys wouldn't have said a thing.
    Yes, I would have JC. I like Adam Scott but if I'd heard him moaning about something like that I would have said the same thing.

BTW, seems he's not too tired today. He's just hit the lead in the Singapore Open.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    It's just my opinion Daves, no need to make it personal. I thought forums were about giving our opinions but is it only relevant if everyone else agress with it? There's been plenty of stuff on ozgolf that people have writtien that I don't agree with but I've never made it personal. I might have disagreed with them but I've ever dismissed someones opinion as baseless or pointless. It's their opinion and they are entitled to it. Who am I to say it's wrong be critical of that person for their opinion, no matter how much I disagree with it.
    I inserted a Sarcasm Gif didn't I?. Personal? seriously? So your problem would appear to be comprehension then?

Seriously Jazz, in my opinion, you appear to have absolutely no idea what Spieth's workload is, but you criticise him as sook, because he admitted he is tired?? You do understand how media conference work? Reports ask loaded questions and players respond in as little words as they can to avoid be misquoted.

I think it is pretty well established that Spieth is one of the hardest workers and time givers out there, and definitely not known as a whinger in anything I have seen or read. I have no problem with people finding him boring because in a lot of good ways he is. He certainly ain't no Tiger in the excitement stakes. But given he played way more events last year than Tiger ever did, and won 2 majors, I personally am happy to give him just a little bit of slack to have a little "moan" or a "sigh" occasionally.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I inserted a Sarcasm Gif didn't I?. Personal? seriously? So your problem would appear to be comprehension then?

Seriously Jazz, in my opinion, you appear to have absolutely no idea what Spieth's workload is, but you criticise him as sook, because he admitted he is tired?? You do understand how media conference work? Reports ask loaded questions and players respond in as little words as they can to avoid be misquoted.

I think it is pretty well established that Spieth is one of the hardest workers and time givers out there, and definitely not known as a whinger in anything I have seen or read. I have no problem with people finding him boring because in a lot of good ways he is. He certainly ain't no Tiger in the excitement stakes. But given he played way more events last year than Tiger ever did, and won 2 majors, I personally am happy to give him just a little bit of slack to have a little "moan" or a "sigh" occasionally.
    Ok, no worries. Sorry if misunderstood your post. I'll retract my comments. But I still think he's whining when he says he's tired. I don't dispute his character as a person or the fact that he is a great golfer. I just think he should be more mindful when complaining about his first world problems. I'm sure we all do it sometimes (just the other day I was moaning about my IQ causing me dramas again) but it's just a bit much that a guy in his position is whinging about being tired.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Well he posted a boring 67 , 4 under no bogies , tied with Ben An who continues to impress

Looks like a great course

Be good to see how Scotty goes when he finally starts

And I'm tired

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    Well he posted a boring 67 , 4 under no bogies , tied with Ben An who continues to impress

Looks like a great course

Be good to see how Scotty goes when he finally starts

And I'm tired
    Me too!

It sounds like you are chastising him for giving a true and honest assessment of how he was feeling.

I don't understand why you can't say you're tired if you are. I don't think he was making excuses or deflecting anything, just stating a fact. I don't read anything into it but suggest... he may be tired. Heaven forbid. We do live in a perculiar time.

Blog Entries

We never hear Dustin Johnson complain about being tired.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Rickie Fowler says he didn't get a solid 8-10 hours sleep on the plane back from Abu Dhabi.

Whinging bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Rickie Fowler says he didn't get a solid 8-10 hours sleep on the plane back from Abu Dhabi.

Whinging bitch
    That's because he was sipping champagne from the trophy all the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    I see what you did there lmao!!!!
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping S159 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    I don't know about that. Going to Dubai has "heavy travel"

http://www.golfpunkhq.com/news/article/dustin-turns-down-25-million

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Dry air is not good for your sinuses poor Dustin

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Jesus Gents - one flat chat day in the office and I miss all this juicy shit.
    I don't begrudge Spieth for feeling tired...and for saying something honest to the media. That's one of the reasons why we like Rors and J-Day, and many others, isn't it? Because they present as humans, not robots.
    Don't forget that Spieth has played most his golf in the US to date. And he's travelled between a few time zones of late.
    And don't underestimate how much playing golf day in day out takes it out of you, even if you are a fit young mo-fo. A few Christmas breaks ago I played comp rounds for seven days straight at various courses around Sydney, and by the end of it I (in my late-20s at the time) was thoroughly wasted. Add to that the mental pressure these guys are under, and it shouldn't surprise anybody that they get tired from time to time and that that can affect their play. Yeah they make a shitload of money when they play well, but they're human, after all.
    Until Spieth does some stupid/weird Mitchell Pearce-worthy shit, I probably won't have cause to dislike him. Even if he can be boring.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Ok, no worries. Sorry if misunderstood your post. I'll retract my comments. But I still think he's whining when he says he's tired. I don't dispute his character as a person or the fact that he is a great golfer. I just think he should be more mindful when complaining about his first world problems. I'm sure we all do it sometimes (just the other day I was moaning about my IQ causing me dramas again) but it's just a bit much that a guy in his position is whinging about being tired.
    It has to be tiring without his caddy. It has been reported that his caddy hurt his ankle and the job of toting the bag in Singapore has been assigned to his agent. That would be tiring for any pro. The climate in Singapore is only good for sitting in front of a fan sipping a coldy. Meanwhile he is getting exposure world wide which sells product. Pretty smart kid - boring or otherwise.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    It has to be tiring without his caddy. It has been reported that his caddy hurt his ankle and the job of toting the bag in Singapore has been assigned to his agent. That would be tiring for any pro. The climate in Singapore is only good for sitting in front of a fan sipping a coldy. Meanwhile he is getting exposure world wide which sells product. Pretty smart kid - boring or otherwise.
    The caddy change this week was a surprise - given how much Spieth seems to rely on his caddy (more than other players, it seems).

Blog Entries

If a seasoned pro like Allenby can't handle a caddy change, what hope does a 22yo have?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Go Jazz!!!!
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping S159 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Banned

Agreed, go Rickie!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    Go Jazz!!!!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

There are a couple of points being missed in all this hysteria.

Firstly, it seems that Jordan is suffering from Tiger Syndrome. The expectations are so high that when he doesn't win, people (ie the golf media) ask him why he didn't win. Top 5 isn't good enough, they want to know why he didn't win, and if he answers the way he did, that gets built up. He'll learn to say bland things like Ï just didn't hole enough putts in future.

Secondly, and more importantly for us, he has realised he isn't Superman. That means he will plan his schedule more carefully. Unfortunately, that may mean that if the Tiger World Challenge is on the week after the Australian Open, he (and many others) might choose not to come Australia, no matter how good the appearance money is. For reasons I don't understand, they all seem to play in the Tiger Challenge every year.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Thread Information