Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

Spieth has just been warned by the European Tour for slow play. I know he likes to discuss every possibility before playing a shot and it can sometimes drag on.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

The sad fact is that golf played by others is boring as hell. Gambling helps to increase the excitability level for spectators. Family and close friends rarely get bored especially if their player is in contention. Generally tournament golf on TV is low on my priorities of things to do.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

I spent the Christmas holy's wanting to watch some golf on TV and then when it finally came on I only watched about an hour. Still enjoy the golf but I think the commentators they have got at the moment ( especially European Tour) are doing my head in. Maybe I need to find the Mute button.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Major Winner

Jordan not so good in round 2. 50+ players gooderer than him. 2-0 to Rory so far.

How was Rory on 17/18? Nearly holes out for an eagle on 17 then almost holes out for albatross on 18. Exciting golf!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Jordan not so good in round 2. 50+ players gooderer than him. 2-0 to Rory so far.

How was Rory on 17/18? Nearly holes out for an eagle on 17 then almost holes out for albatross on 18. Exciting golf!!!
    Exactly this. Total opposite of boring.
    Cobra Fly Z+ w/ Fujikura Pro 63x
    Cobra BioCell+ 16.5* w/ Diamana D+ 72s
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 3-PW w/ Modus 120 S
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52*/56*
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 5 (knuckled)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Hitting a spectator on the arse yesterday was reasonably exciting.

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/jo...rrant-tee-shot
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

I'd agree with that actually.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

Love the reaction from the victim's mate.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Banned

http://www.golfwrx.com/347836/jordan...comment-488106

Is he serious? Sorry, but you're 22 mate. You can't be rested after having 2 weeks off? Give me a break. What a soft c0ck! Try getting a normal job and getting only 4 weeks off in the whole year and see how you go. Definitely not a fan now. What a bloody prima donna. You didn't play your best, suck it up and stop making excuses.

Settle down there fella. The quotes from Spieth in this are:

”beat up, mentally and physically.”

“I’m very tired. I am. I’m not 100 percent right now. It shows in certain places, you know. This week, the first day I was here I was striping it and since then I have been a little weak and my decision-making has been off. But we had a lot of fun times.”

”It won’t be something I do in the future, to bounce back and forth from Asia as much as we did. Or Australia,”

Which of those do you have real problems with?

No context, no full interview. The rest is all some other bloke saying things like "it could be argued" and crap like that. Ooh Spieth didn't win, let's make up reasons why.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Settle down there fella. The quotes from Spieth in this are:

”beat up, mentally and physically.”

“I’m very tired. I am. I’m not 100 percent right now. It shows in certain places, you know. This week, the first day I was here I was striping it and since then I have been a little weak and my decision-making has been off. But we had a lot of fun times.”

”It won’t be something I do in the future, to bounce back and forth from Asia as much as we did. Or Australia,”

Which of those do you have real problems with?

No context, no full interview. The rest is all some other bloke saying things like "it could be argued" and crap like that. Ooh Spieth didn't win, let's make up reasons why.
    I did read it before my post 3PP. All those comments of his annoy the crap out of me. "Beat up mentally and physically" - Like I said, he's 22! You can run on empty most of the time when you're 22 but it sounds like he's making excuses to me. "I am very tired. I am" - Can't get rested after 2 weeks off! Maybe he played too much Xbox or went out on the piss with his mates too much when he was home. It's not even the end of January and he needs 2 weeks off?

Fine, limit your schedule but don't make excuses or say you're tired after a 2 week layoff and only 2 event of 2016 at the age of 22! You might expect Phil to say something like this at his age but not a 22 year old for goodness sake!

Banned

Maybe I should have put my post in the "Things that piss you off" thread. Might have been a better place for my rant.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

How much experience do you have playing on the PGA tour Jazz?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    I did read it before my post 3PP. All those comments of his annoy the crap out of me. "Beat up mentally and physically" - Like I said, he's 22! You can run on empty most of the time when you're 22 but it sounds like he's making excuses to me. "I am very tired. I am" - Can't get rested after 2 weeks off! Maybe he played too much Xbox or went out on the piss with his mates too much when he was home. It's not even the end of January and he needs 2 weeks off?

Fine, limit your schedule but don't make excuses or say you're tired after a 2 week layoff and only 2 event of 2016 at the age of 22! You might expect Phil to say something like this at his age but not a 22 year old for goodness sake!
    The mental grind of playing at that level and all of the other commitments + non stop travel would ad up.

I have a week away for work and am Ko'd.

An intense pennant match tires me out mentally for a couple days.

"Running on empty" at 22 is common, just not when you are trying to be the best in the world.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    The mental grind of playing at that level and all of the other commitments + non stop travel would ad up.

I have a week away for work and am Ko'd.

An intense pennant match tires me out mentally for a couple days.

"Running on empty" at 22 is common, just not when you are trying to be the best in the world.
    I get that it takes it out of you but he's 22 and it comes with the territory. It's his job. He's the No.1 in the world. It annoys the crap out of me when these guys with such a privileged life make comments like that. They have the whole world at their feet and all the resources money can buy. He should not be making excuses like "I'm tired".

What was his Schedule? Australia, then US, then Middle East... surely you jest Jazz?
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesy View Post
    What was his Schedule? Australia, then US, then Middle East... surely you jest Jazz?
    Nope, sorry. Not kidding. Too harsh? Maybe, but if I was in his shoes, I certainly would not be making comments based upon it.

I get that it takes it out of you but he's 22 and it comes with the territory. It's his job. He's the No.1 in the world. It annoys the crap out of me when these guys with such a privileged life make comments like that. They have the whole world at their feet and all the resources money can buy. He should not be making excuses like "I'm tired".
    12 hour time differences are easy to overcome, mixed in with pro ams, media, practice, etc.

How many of the big pros on his level actually play this circuit? Not many at all.

Philly Mick has complained about scheduling for years. He never makes it over here.

I take it you don't travel much at all Jazz, especially overseas.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Well to most of us traveling the world and playing golf sounds like a holiday , but it is his job and he is the best in the world at it

Sure we see the 4 rounds on the weekend , how many countless hours on the practice range Jazz ?

As far as I am concerned he has earned a holiday , 2 weeks is nothing .

The last thing we want is him burning out , but I suppose in some peoples eyes that would make him more exciting

JDay has more excuses than a kid who hasn't done his homework and has forgotten where Australia is , he is more of a problem IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesy View Post
    At least one trip to Asia in there too.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I always find it funny when a Keyboard Warrior has a shot at a Celebrity about there cushy life. Usually from work, where they spend the day surfing the forums. Yeah , they would some idea for sure! Pffft, insert sarcasm Gif here!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    12 hour time differences are easy to overcome, mixed in with pro ams, media, practice, etc.

How many of the big pros on his level actually play this circuit? Not many at all.

Philly Mick has complained about scheduling for years. He never makes it over here.

I take it you don't travel much at all Jazz, especially overseas.
    I want to fall asleep in the car after driving for 2 hours but I'm 44 and unfit don't sleep enough. But I'm not saying I could do it.

Ok, Shadesy asked the question. What was his schedule? 2015: Tour Championship Sept 24-27, HSBC Champions Nov 5-8, Aus Open 26-29 November, Hero World Challenge Dec 3-6. Then 2016: HTC Jan 7-10, Abu Dhabi Jan 21-24 and Singapore this week. So if you look back to the Tour Championship in Sept, he's played 7 tourneys including this week (7 weeks playing) out of 19 weeks. That's 12 weeks off in total. JC, you've got to keep up with your normal work load, life, family etc etc I assume even if you've been away for work. He's worked 7 weeks on the course and had 12 off over a 19 weeks period. At 22, I just can't see how he can be tired and like I said, if he is, he shouldn't talk about it publicly. It makes him sound like a sook. Well it does to me but everyone sees things differently. Also, I'm guessing you're flying on commercial flights, not flying on private jets at your beckon call wth all the creature comforts of your living room.

Surely you're just being funny.

I want to fall asleep in the car after driving for 2 hours but I'm 44 and unfit don't sleep enough. But I'm not saying I could do it.

Ok, Shadesy asked the question. What was his schedule? 2015: Tour Championship Sept 24-27, HSBC Champions Nov 5-8, Aus Open 26-29 November, Hero World Challenge Dec 3-6. Then 2016: HTC Jan 7-10, Abu Dhabi Jan 21-24 and Singapore this week. So if you look back to the Tour Championship in Sept, he's played 7 tourneys including this week (7 weeks playing) out of 19 weeks. That's 12 weeks off in total. JC, you've got to keep up with your normal work load, life, family etc etc I assume even if you've been away for work. He's worked 7 weeks on the course and had 12 off over a 19 weeks period. At 22, I just can't see how he can be tired and like I said, if he is, he shouldn't talk about it publicly. It makes him sound like a sook. Well it does to me but everyone sees things differently. Also, I'm guessing you're flying on commercial flights, not flying on private jets at your beckon call wth all the creature comforts of your living room.
    What about all of the other pros that talk about the same thing?

Thread Information