Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I generally struggle watching golf these days, although Chris Gayle at the crease reminds me of Bubba Watson.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    You my friend should relinquish that Scotty!!!
    I so want to drag it behind my car right now...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    Lean towards pretty, I'm guessing like Fuzzy. If it looks pretty it has to be right?
    Have you seen pictures of James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and co? Pretty is not a description I would use.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Have you seen pictures of James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and co? Pretty is not a description I would use.
    Fighting a losing battle there bro. You can only appreciate someones skill if you find what they do exciting...

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJuzzy View Post
    Nice from far, but far from nice?.FWIW, I like Jordan as a golfer and the "boring" thing is a non-issue for me, but I certainly do understand it.Watching him fire up in those first two rounds at Augusta last year was pretty awesome. I think he plays aggressively, it's just he's not a bomber, so it doesn't seem like he's aggressive.
    He is a shut to open player with a weak grip. Dustin Johnson is a shut to open player with a strong grip. Spieth needs to supinate his left forearm more than Dustin does, hence the bent left arm and the left arm lateral raise in the follow through to keep the clubface facing upwards.

A shut to open player cloes the clubface during the back swing (it is still open to the swing plane) limiting the clubface rotation to 90% or less. They rely on body rotation, left arm supination, right shoulder extension and adduction to retain lag in order to hold off the release past impact with a clubface that has little rotation.
    Jack Nicklaus, SammSneed, Lee Trevino, Arnold Palmer, Tiger (2000) were shut to open players who played with a strong grip. Spieth is Different because of his weak grip.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Fighting a losing battle there bro. You can only appreciate someones skill if you find what they do exciting...
    Apparently!

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by razaar View Post
    He is a shut to open player with a weak grip. Dustin Johnson is a shut to open player with a strong grip.
    Spieth is square at the top and holds it off a bit thru impact. He actually fought a closed clubface at the top in his early years.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    Spieth is square at the top and holds it off a bit thru impact. He actually fought a closed clubface at the top in his early years.
    Yep he has to shut the face during the back swing to get square at the top with a pronates right forearm and a supinates left wrist. Both upper arms work in the opposite rotations to their respective forearms. It is not as simple as he makes it look.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I so want to drag it behind my car right now...
    Give it someone who will appreciate it, if it deosnt work they can drag it behind their car!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Give it someone who will appreciate it, if it deosnt work they can drag it behind their car!
    It will be getting appreciated mate... You'll be throwing bulk pineapples my way when you see it in a few months!

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Isn't there I just wanna talk crap thread somewhere?

It will be getting appreciated mate... You'll be throwing bulk pineapples my way when you see it in a few months!
    Haha, somehow I don't think so....

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    Isn't there I just wanna talk crap thread somewhere?
    There's a whole forum

He is boring because he doesn't have the firepower.

Like Luke Donald - he hits it an average distance, he has a short game that is amazing and pretty much sinks everything inside 10 ft. He is probably what you would call a perfect modern golfer. Uses the technology to hit a baby fade around the golf course, hits it the right distances and then boxes everything he looks at.

But, any decent golfer can do that.. no where near as often as he does it... but there isnt a shot in his bag that a decent amateur hasnt got.

This wasnt the same with Norman, Rory, Tiger Ernie, Phil, Bubba and others. They have that ability to just pull a shot out of their arse that makes everyone just sit back and realize that they are truly not in the same league. Jump on YouTube and look at some of the shots Tiger has played, listen to some of the commentator's stories.

No one waxes lyrical about that time Jordan hit it 260 down the center with a baby fade, then pulled the next shot left into a bunker and boxed a 15 footer for par. But look up one of Tiger's shot at the Mercedes that Fehrety talks about, or the shot that Phil played at the Scottish Open or the chip or Rory hitting Driver and 9 iron to a 600 yard par 5 or even Patrick Reed hitting THAT shot out of the shit to win his first tourny.

yeah he is a good golfer, but it aint entertainment unless there is some other story attached. The guy shot 28 under or something like that on the weekend to win by 8 or so. I watched about 10 holes and zoned out for the boredom.

It is like watching Zach Johnson or that fat dude with the hot ex wife win golf events. But at least Duffner was entertaining with the 4-8ft putts.

Banned

Holy crap it's funny watching Dufner with short putts. It is seriously a crap shoot with that guy!

Looked like he was hitting draws at Kapalua but maybe I was watching out of my left eye

Default How good is Jordan Spieth!?!?

Looked like he was hitting draws at Kapalua but maybe I was watching out of my left eye
    Still boring...
    Last edited by virge666; 12th January 2016 at 10:35 PM.

didnt say it did ,he dosent blow wind up Tigers arse for excitment I know exactly what you mean about those guys playing those shots when they need to

The course IMO dosent make for exciting golf its to easy for them

The course IMO dosent make for exciting golf its to easy for them
    True that. And this week ain't much chop either.

Bring on torrey pines

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by virge666 View Post
    He is boring because he doesn't have the firepower.Like Luke Donald - he hits it an average distance, he has a short game that is amazing and pretty much sinks everything inside 10 ft. He is probably what you would call a perfect modern golfer. Uses the technology to hit a baby fade around the golf course, hits it the right distances and then boxes everything he looks at.But, any decent golfer can do that.. no where near as often as he does it... but there isnt a shot in his bag that a decent amateur hasnt got.This wasnt the same with Norman, Rory, Tiger Ernie, Phil, Bubba and others. They have that ability to just pull a shot out of their arse that makes everyone just sit back and realize that they are truly not in the same league. Jump on YouTube and look at some of the shots Tiger has played, listen to some of the commentator's stories. No one waxes lyrical about that time Jordan hit it 260 down the center with a baby fade, then pulled the next shot left into a bunker and boxed a 15 footer for par. But look up one of Tiger's shot at the Mercedes that Fehrety talks about, or the shot that Phil played at the Scottish Open or the chip or Rory hitting Driver and 9 iron to a 600 yard par 5 or even Patrick Reed hitting THAT shot out of the shit to win his first tourny.yeah he is a good golfer, but it aint entertainment unless there is some other story attached. The guy shot 28 under or something like that on the weekend to win by 8 or so. I watched about 10 holes and zoned out for the boredom.It is like watching Zach Johnson or that fat dude with the hot ex wife win golf events. But at least Duffner was entertaining with the 4-8ft putts.
    Presume you missed the 250y 3 iron on 18 that missed being an albatross by 6 inches? He's probably 10 yards shorter than Rory and has about the same shot making. Stock shot is a high draw but he has all the others too.
    Nike Vapor Flex Accra Tour Z 85 ST
    TEE E8b 15* Whiteboard 100
    TEE XCG7b 19* Accra XH105 Tour Red
    j36 CB 3-9 SPB
    Scratch 48b SPB
    Vokey 54, 60 C Taper
    Boccieri F3-DF Heavy
    #3 soft bristle Aldi special
    Chromesoft

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Don't know what Spieth you are watching Virge.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Scifisicko View Post
    Presume you missed the 250y 3 iron on 18 that missed being an albatross by 6 inches? He's probably 10 yards shorter than Rory and has about the same shot making. Stock shot is a high draw but he has all the others too.
    Could be wrong but I think Rory is a lot longer off the tee than Spieth.

$53 mil I wouldn't get bored with that....

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Don't know what Spieth you are watching Virge.
    Wow, I find myself agreeing with a lot your saying in this thread, maybe this year we might get along....

Thread Information