Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Default Monthly Mug / NAGA - November 2015

Thought I would see if I can get this one going after Ferrins' jelly beans thread did well.

Looking for the best stableford score for the month, and the worst. Minimal rules, and minimal prizes. Perhaps we can introduce the OzGolf shout - the NAGA has to buy the Monthly Mug winner a beverage/pie/kitchener bun/pork roll/ball/bag of jelly beans or something if they meet at an OzGolf event within a year. Just a bit of fun really.

I'll send the winner and the NAGA (Let's call it the Monthly Bob) a profile questionnaire and post it up in the Monthly Mug Profiles area - I used to enjoy reading those.

Final results:

Monthly Mug:
    Matt 3 Jab 40
    LeftyHoges 40
    Ploppy Pat 39
    3puttpete 39
    PeteyD 38

Monthly Bob:
    coalesce 18
    Grunt 18
    Hatchman 18
    Davek 19
    Gw 86 20
    Last edited by AndyP; 3rd December 2015 at 12:52 PM.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by oldracer View Post
    AP2's????
    I did use them, but they weren't the reason I was so bad - I just played badly.

My handicap has blown out 1 over all the champs rounds and 2.3 in the last 2 months. I'm about 6 weeks from anchor if I keep this form up

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by coalesce View Post

He also has a story to tell about a 10 on a par 3 after being on the green in 1...
    I will never speak of this incident again! Anyway I got a stableford of 24 for that round thankyou!
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

belated well done mate, crackin drive and great putt, Bob buy you a 'Nade?
    No mate. It was our shout as we lost the bet on the last hole.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Major Winner

18pts at Glenelg Monday 16/11.

I won't bother listing my best of as it's no worth mentioning
    Last edited by Hatchman; 19th November 2015 at 12:11 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Blog Entries

Played at LarryLongs home track today, Queenscliff Golf Club and wow, what a great hidden gem. Lots of different looks, green just been cored but ran really well. Hadn't had a round since Cairns in early august so didn't know how I would come up, having never played the track before but had the wisdom and course knowledge of a club oldtimer with me. Had 20 points on the front with a wipe and then fell apart, still hit it well but 2 lost balls and crappy putting limited me to 14 on the back, 34 all up so not bad but could have been great.
    Nice one! 34's a good effort first up, and it's pretty common for the back 9 to bring you unstuck - it's definitely harder than the front. I like to think it's very under-rated in terms of the layout - condition usually lets it down a little, but this time of the year it will be as good as it gets. I'm keen to play this weekend now - the cored greens will bring all the good putters back to my level.

Meanwhile, OP updated. AndyP - how do I make the first post stay at the top of the thread on subsequent pages?
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Meanwhile, OP updated. AndyP - how do I make the first post stay at the top of the thread on subsequent pages?
    You can't per thread; you have to change the setting for the whole forum area, which mean you would have to be the first to start the thread each month.

Member Club Pro

After starting with a duff, a long 2nd which failed to carry water then taking a drop and shanking my 4th which I watched skim along the water about 10 times before sinking to a watery grave I figured I was about to wrap the low score up. Did my usual and had 1 terrible 9 and 1 that half saved the round. Probably ended up scoring better then I played. 11/20.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Played an individual stroke round today, and had an abysmal start. I was +10 through the first 9 (8 'cap), and wanting to walk off. I took some cement at the turn and went back out for another crack. Bookended the second 9 with birdies and would have been even for that side if I didn't make a ridiculous double on the easiest hole on the course. Anyhow, 83/75 was am excellent result given the way it started.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Played an individual stroke round today, and had an abysmal start. I was +10 through the first 9 (8 'cap), and wanting to walk off. I took some cement at the turn and went back out for another crack. Bookended the second 9 with birdies and would have been even for that side if I didn't make a ridiculous double on the easiest hole on the course. Anyhow, 83/75 was am excellent result given the way it started.
    Well done on hanging in there Courty.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    You can't per thread; you have to change the setting for the whole forum area, which mean you would have to be the first to start the thread each month.
    That's my plan. Could we do it as a sub-forum if we don't want to have every thread in the 'what did you shoot' forum with the top post 'stickied'?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    After starting with a duff, a long 2nd which failed to carry water then taking a drop and shanking my 4th which I watched skim along the water about 10 times before sinking to a watery grave I figured I was about to wrap the low score up. Did my usual and had 1 terrible 9 and 1 that half saved the round. Probably ended up scoring better then I played. 11/20.
    I was getting excited reading those two, but you saved your rounds. Oh well.

That's my plan. Could we do it as a sub-forum if we don't want to have every thread in the 'what did you shoot' forum with the top post 'stickied'?
    Yes, we could.

Nice one! 34's a good effort first up, and it's pretty common for the back 9 to bring you unstuck - it's definitely harder than the front. I like to think it's very under-rated in terms of the layout - condition usually lets it down a little, but this time of the year it will be as good as it gets. I'm keen to play this weekend now - the cored greens will bring all the good putters back to my level.

loved the track Larry, played with Slim Calder and had a ball, back nine certainly is a test. I hit a 23* hybrid into the 14th for a right bunker pin high position into a little zephyr so I can imagine how hard into a fair breeze. Have to shoot them plovers, f...en things. I found condition good, if you're on the fairway, lie was good and you can always get a good divot, bunkers were looked after, in general i felt it was a good track and for the price, a great track
    Last edited by oldracer; 22nd November 2015 at 05:38 AM.

ah stroke, so you didn't pick up!!!!! good turnaround mate but I thought the 12th was the getout hole, straight to the carpark.....guess 10 and 11 peaked your interest, good stuff

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Ill throw up 40 points today!

Blog Entries

It's nearly the end of the month folks! Last chance to post up your blinder (or stinker, for that matter) and take out the prize. Any round in November counts. Current leaders are:

Monthly Mug:
    Simsy 41 *assuming he posts on OzGolf
    Matt_3_Jab 40
    Ploppy Pat 39
    3puttpete 39
    PeteyD 38
    Nudgee 38

Monthly Bob:
    coalesce 18
    Grunt 18
    Hatchman 18
    Davek 19
    Gw 86 20

Default Monthly Mug / NAGA - November

November is finished. If you haven't posted your score yourself in either the monthly scores thread or the monthly mug thread before end of month, bad luck JMHO.

Your taking the time to do this LL, you shouldn't have to wait or chase people for their involvement, again JMHO.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 1st December 2015 at 09:21 AM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Blog Entries

5 under off the stick on Saturday, for 61 net = 46 points.

Or is that only 23 points, because it was 2-ball ambrose?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

I'd give a couple of days leeway, particularly since the end of the month was on the weekend. Not everyone is on here everyday.

Amazing that I couldn't even crack the Naga top 5 with a 4pt back 9.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    November is finished. If you haven't posted your score yourself in either the monthly scores thread or the monthly mug thread before end of month, bad luck JMHO.

Your taking the time to do this LL, you shouldn't have to wait or chase people for their involvement, again JMHO.
    Fair point. I'm not your military dictator style comp organiser, so I'll give it the rest of the day and wrap it up tonight.

I'm actually waiting to see if simsy replies to a PM - he's leading, but as far as I can tell he's not an active poster on the forum - if I don't get a reply I'll probably award it to M3J. Early teething problems - I think I'll only take scores for forum members, ideally posted by themselves in future (unless it's for the NAGA, happy for anybody to dob in somebody if they don't come clean!).

Dotty: I could award the win to one of you, but then I would have to give the NAGA to the other player who was no doubt carried all the way around the course by his partner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashes View Post
    Amazing that I couldn't even crack the Naga top 5 with a 4pt back 9.

Sounds like you need to work on your starts to become a contender.

Sounds like you need to work on your starts to become a contender.
    Even more amazing was my low mark of 4pt for 9 was beaten by another Ozgolfer within days afterwards. And said golfer also isn't in contention.

I had 39 at RA

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    I had 39 at RA
    So?
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries