Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

The amount of people I've noticed when riding around on the bike that have tourettes.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

You been riding past me lately, have you?
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Had a big chuckle a the numpty on the BBQ stand at Bunnings make an a$$ of himself. His mates got a laugh also.
    I roll up to the stand and ask for snag. Get snag and I ask how much. Guy tries to be a smart a$$ and says as per the sign pointing to my left. I reply with "the one you can't see either thats surrounded by people standing around it". Get a surly reply of "you trying to be a smart a$$" mate?"
    Rely with "na, just trying to pay for a sausage".
    One of the others there uses some common sense and let's me know how much and takes my money with a big smirk on his face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W.I.T.B

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Did you do a Bill Shorten and start in the middle?
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Had a big chuckle a the numpty on the BBQ stand at Bunnings make an a$$ of himself. His mates got a laugh also.
    I roll up to the stand and ask for snag. Get snag and I ask how much. Guy tries to be a smart a$$ and says as per the sign pointing to my left. I reply with "the one you can't see either thats surrounded by people standing around it". Get a surly reply of "you trying to be a smart a$$" mate?"
    One of the others there uses some common sense and let's me know how much and takes my money with a big smirk on his face.

Isn't the "numpty" just raising money for the football/netball/cricket club? Couldn't you have just handed over a fiver, got the change and moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Did you do a Bill Shorten and start in the middle?
    Pauline Hanson

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Isn't the "numpty" just raising money for the football/netball/cricket club? Couldn't you have just handed over a fiver, got the change and moved on?
    No.

W.I.T.B

Banned

Obviously not the first time that individual has been a "numpty" given the reaction of others.

Blog Entries

Isn't it always $2.50 for a sausage sandwich and $1.50 for a can of drink?

Our local one has a permanent sign and I don't think they allow steaks, E&B, coffee, etc. (Although, there is sometimes a second marquee for a cake and biscuit stall.)
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

The hype over Prawns at Christmas time.
    Dinner supplied by work tonight consisting of Roast Pork, Chicken and Beef, Salads and Prawns. The Prawns were hardly touched.
    Any excess was open to be taken by anyone that wanted. Really struggled to give away the 4kg of Prawns left.

W.I.T.B

Dinner supplied by work tonight consisting of Roast Pork, Chicken and Beef, Salads and Prawns. The Prawns were hardly touched.
    Any excess was open to be taken by anyone that wanted. Really struggled to give away the 4kg of Prawns left.
    I would have taken the prawns and left the fritz...………..you know the rest of Australia thinks you people are slightly odd.

Enjoy your Xmas Hatch, me and the old boy will peel 10kgs in the morning.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

. Really struggled to give away the 4kg of Prawns left.
    Next year's Christmas Mug to take place the day after your work dinner, keep them on ice, they won't make it to the 3rd tee
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Banned

I'm with you Hatchman, I don't get the prawn thing on Christmas day either. Was never something my family did.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

An umpire was forced to intervene when a French tennis player asked a ball girl to peel his banana.

Elliot Benchetrit was scolded by John Blom after the strange request during qualifying at Melbourne Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    An umpire was forced to intervene when a French tennis player asked a ball girl to peel his banana.

Elliot Benchetrit was scolded by John Blom after the strange request during qualifying at Melbourne Park.
    Was it a genuine request or a euphemism?

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

The guy had anti perspiration jizz on his hands and is absolutely smashed for the request on social media.

Nadal hits a ball girl in the head with a stray full throttle forehand and then lays a smooch on the dazed girls cheek and he is a saint.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The guy had anti perspiration jizz on his hands and is absolutely smashed for the request on social media.

Nadal hits a ball girl in the head with a stray full throttle forehand and then lays a smooch on the dazed girls cheek and he is a saint.
    It amazes me what makes the news nowadays.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I double dare the Ozgolf music lovers on this forum to search for 'coldest 100'. I can't bring myself to link to it, and I'm taking no responsibility for any mental trauma caused.

Some guy with way too much time on his hands has dug up so many hilarious 'what were they thinking' moments that I may be scarred for life. I even remember a few of them.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Blog Entries

Let me guess ... Nine songs of the top ten came from the Joe Dolce album.

The one that missed out contained the word Shudup'ya.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

At the tour down under in Victor today....

A ‘posse’ of 12 riders (all wearing identical amateur kits) rock up right near the finish line 1 hour before the race finishes. They then Proceed to dismount and strut in tandem along the road to the main area. They then look around to check for any onlookers until a naive local asks ‘are you part of the race’ closely followed with a ‘pfft’ reply.

When the actual race finishes the same group is huddled on the grass in a perfect formation next to the presentation area. None of them actually watched the live race.

I get that cycling is a ‘thing’ like golf. But man there are so many try-hards in the sport it’s just hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I double dare the Ozgolf music lovers on this forum to search for 'coldest 100'. I can't bring myself to link to it, and I'm taking no responsibility for any mental trauma caused.

Some guy with way too much time on his hands has dug up so many hilarious 'what were they thinking' moments that I may be scarred for life. I even remember a few of them.
    Seeing a Daryl Somers number was enough for me, thanks.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The guy had anti perspiration jizz on his hands and is absolutely smashed for the request on social media..
    I am not really in favour of the death penalty, but if they bought it back for mock outrage on social media, I could warm to it.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    At the tour down under in Victor today....

A ‘posse’ of 12 riders (all wearing identical amateur kits) rock up right near the finish line 1 hour before the race finishes. They then Proceed to dismount and strut in tandem along the road to the main area. They then look around to check for any onlookers until a naive local asks ‘are you part of the race’ closely followed with a ‘pfft’ reply.

When the actual race finishes the same group is huddled on the grass in a perfect formation next to the presentation area. None of them actually watched the live race.

I get that cycling is a ‘thing’ like golf. But man there are so many try-hards in the sport it’s just hilarious
    It’s apt I should post this then.

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

The number of owners of Henry Griffitts Golf clubs that do not know how to spell or pronounce the Brand name, even though it is engraved on their Clubs?. The number of Henry Griffiths clubs I see listed on eBay etc are amazing.

Thread Information