Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orange courses

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Orange courses

Morning, going to Bathurst and want to have a hit, heard orange is good but which course is the pick or is there another in the district worth the trip, cheers racer

Senior Member Major Winner

You fitting some golf in before the big race?
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Duntryleague is the pick Al.

However, on the long weekend, Orange has its Festival of Golf - a day at Duntryleague, Wentworth and Orange Ex Servo's. Duntryleague used to be regularly rated in the Top 100.

The courses will be in great condition but potentially busy.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by HatchmanSS76 View Post
    You fitting some golf in before the big race?
    yeah Hatch, takin the whipper snapper for his first trip to the mount so we be hittin some balls before hand, going up a couple of days earlier, should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    Duntryleague is the pick Al.

However, on the long weekend, Orange has its Festival of Golf - a day at Duntryleague, Wentworth and Orange Ex Servo's. Duntryleague used to be regularly rated in the Top 100.

The courses will be in great condition but potentially busy.
    hey young fella, going to hit em tues/wed so hopefully before the stampede, looks nice Benno cheers mate

Dug up an old thread, didn't really have what I wanted. Seems people were selling a lot of Orange whips a few years ago

Have never been to Orange and have always wanted to play at Duntryleague, planning to go at the end of the month but it's a bit difficult getting the tee times I want in the morning midweek (fair enough, they have members).

Looking for a couple of things, is the Country Club or Wentworth the better option as a second and if anyone has been recently any advice on pubs/restaurants.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

I've only played at Duntryleague and it's a an enjoyable course but not overly long.

The Country Club golf course has been closed for over a year and left to grow over, at least that was the state of affairs when I was there last year.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Wentworth was certainly worth a hit 15 years ago when I last played it. A lot more open than DL was. It has been a bit wet out west so no idea how it drains. I played it in drought and the ball ran forever.

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

The other place was a distant third anyway

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by NewyMitch View Post
    I've only played at Duntryleague and it's a an enjoyable course but not overly long.The Country Club golf course has been closed for over a year and left to grow over, at least that was the state of affairs when I was there last year.
    Is country club the one that was near the base hospital? If so I was out there today and it’s so overgrown now you’d never know it used to be a golf course.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Is country club the one that was near the base hospital? If so I was out there today and it’s so overgrown now you’d never know it used to be a golf course.
    That's the one, a year or so ago you could still vaguely make out where the greens were.

Thanks NewyM

Ron, are you on the sauce there? Family dining?

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Thanks NewyMRon, are you on the sauce there? Family dining?
    I was out there for work. Back home tonight. I get out there every few months so can recommend some decent places to eat and drink out there if needed. Great food and wine scene. Have only played Duntryleague but really enjoyed it.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

I was out there for work. Back home tonight. I get out there every few months so can recommend some decent places to eat and drink out there if needed. Great food and wine scene. Have only played Duntryleague but really enjoyed it.
    Ron, have booked a house near https://byngstreet.com.au/

Looks like we will have a free afternoon, if you have been to the wineries, would appreciate a recommendation, mate of mine has suggested Philip Shaw. My brother and nephew are headed up for a hockey tournament next week, so I will know where to find the cheapest beer and the best schnitzel.

If there is a pub/restaurant you like, would be appreciated. The bro says Hotel Canobolas.
    Last edited by PerryGroves; 11th November 2022 at 06:28 PM.

Not Ron, but I have always enjoyed Phillip Shaw, both there and at home

Agree Philip Shaw is great. Definitely recommend it. I remember Heifer Station being good too.

Where your staying should be fine for cafe/coffee etc. But I also like Village Bakehouse for that kind of thing.

I’m usually staying out at Remington Hotel opposite the base hospital because it’s convenient for work but the restaurant there is surprisingly good. Never had a bad meal there.

The Union Bank restaurant is unbelievable. Some of the best meals I’ve ever eaten.

Unfortunately I’m usually stuck taking doctors out to dinner so I’m not the bloke to recommend the best schnitty (much as I’d rather be eating that). Have heard hotel Canobolas is good.

Have ended a few nights at Washington & Co and it’s been good, but that could just be because if I’m there it’s because I’m drinking scotch at the end of a long day/night of drinking, which is always good.

Thread Information