Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 AFL Season

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Thumbs up 2006 AFL Season

Well, the footy season has finally started. And what an interesting round it has been so far.

Biffo between teammates at the Saints in their loss.

Richmond absolutely destroyed by the Doggies in what was a 50/50 match for tipping. (Sucked in Wallace)

Lions flogged.

Premiers outplayed.

Roos once again prove that they shouldn't be under-rated (I picked them).

2005 cellar dwellers, Hawks and Blues have convincing wins.

Bring on the rest of the season.....

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Beauty... pumped.....

Senior Member Major Winner

'Carn the Blues!! Most people doubted them, but coming off the back of 2 convincing - albeit pre-season - wins, i gave them a chance.

Listened to Rex Hunt's call on the internet. He's a goose, but the coverage was pretty good. Dipper followed them into the rooms and you heard the most rousing version of Lily of Laguna! Kouta's 250th game too!

I was aroused anyway..

We have a knockout comp at work - i took Port against Kangaroos and didn't expect to be out in round 1... much like when i tipped Manly over Canberra in the NRL
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Fishy, I put a lot on the Dees in a virtual bookie (an extra function on vBulletin actually), as I thought it was a safe bet.

Have Melbourne swapped their even years for the odds form-wise?

Senior Member Major Winner

I didn't tip Carlton, but i wasn't going to take the D's in the knockout. I figured we were 1/2 a chance. The #1 draft pick Murphy had a cracker of a game too.

I've always wondered how Hawthorn have managed to make West Coast / Freemantle travel to Tasmania for their match-up, but even that result surprised me this arvo!
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman Dan
    I was aroused anyway..
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Richmond absolutely destroyed by the Doggies in what was a 50/50 match for tipping.
    gotta be kidding, Doggies are a dead set certainty for the 8 this year even sans Darcy. Darkhorse for the Top 4 I reckon.

Only tips I've got wrong so far were the blues and the dons. Tomorrow's match should be interesting the Pies almost have a full list to choose from for the first time since the 2003 Prelim and have a good recent record vs the Crows.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

what a great weekend for Melbourne teams!
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Woohoo! What a victory!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP
    Woohoo! What a victory!
    Shuddup
    The secret of golf it to turn three shots in two. - Bobby Jones

A tale of golfing mediocrity

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

Just wanted to say I've officially jumped on the bandwagon. After the Essendon win I feel ok with admitting to it.

Pies make it two solids wins in a row.

Nothing like a full list to choose from!

AndyP the Hawks f#cked my multi-bet at the TAB, bastards.
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Member Monthly medal winner

I went to see the mighty PIES today!

We Sh1t on them
    I love Titties!

I thought the Kangaroos won?????? It was a bit hard to tell who was who on my black and white TV though.

if you weren't in the comp in 1897, don't ask someone who was to change their jersey.

thanks.
    Moe Norman

That's right, it's never ever been changed since 1897.

Oh wait, what's this.....

looks like the old Port Jersey.

they've never played in any premiership match in anything other than black and white stripes.
    Moe Norman

So we are only talking about premiership matches now. Eddie seems so adamant that there has only been black and white stripes. The above was a pre-season jumper of Collingwoods.

The below jumper doesn't seem so traditional, but if the criteria is that it has to have stripes that happen to be black and white, then it fits.

Here's some more classic stuff from Eddie:
    http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/r...126055893.html

Who wouldn't want to play the Eagles away from Subi or the Adelaide teams away from AAMI?

thats actually a good idea, did you read the whole article and the reasoning behind it?
    Moe Norman

Yep, and why would the other teams make the sacrifice, when EddieWood sacrifices nothing.

clearly you didn't read the article.

you might barrack for the Hawks, but by the look of things you have similar football knowledge to your average lions fan....
    Moe Norman

Please educate me oh superior Collingwood one. That comment would sound just as good from your arrogant president.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Eddie even admits it's self serving-so I don't think it's going to fly. Possibly a chance if they offer up a home game, but I don't think they are going to do that. The ides to get Carrara up and running with good teams and good games is great but not with self serving bollocks like this.
    With respect to the strip Collongwood have changed the strip over the years mesiing with the width of the stripes etc. If they had kept the strip completely unchanged since the beginning then ok, but they haven't so they don't have a leg to stand on.

he's offered up Collingwood and also suggested Essendon because it is clear to anyone with a clue that these two teams will guarantee a crowd.

The D's play home games at the Gabba, does anyone criticise that deal? Nope, because Eddie wasn't involved....

The home ground advantage of an interstae team is massive and they get 11 per year. A home game for the Pies/Bombers at the G against the Blues - who has the advantage there?
    Moe Norman

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman
    he's offered up Collingwood and also suggested Essendon because it is clear to anyone with a clue that these two teams will guarantee a crowd.
    They will guarantee a crowd, I'm not arguing that. But why doesn't Collingwood offer up their home game? For the same reasons other clubs won't?
    What do West Coast, Adelaide, etc have to gain by playing home games at Carrara. They are rich clubs so wouldn't be after the $400K on offer to play there.

The D's play home games at the Gabba, does anyone criticise that deal? Nope, because Eddie wasn't involved....
    That's Melbourne's choice and their home game to give away.

Thread Information