Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1435
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default VIC Champs - Feb 4 - 8, 2016

COURSES ANNOUNCED!!!

Here we go ladies and gents, the tracks for 2016 VIC Champs are here!!!

Thurs 4th - Spring Valley Golf Club - $80 a head (tee-off from 2.30pm-ish). 24 spots booked.
    Fri 5th - The Metropolitan Golf Club - $240 a head (12pm gather for pre-round buffet and intro, tee off from 1.30pm, 2-tee start. 2 course meal after round). 40 spots booked, first 40 paid get in.
    Sat 6th - Yering Meadows Golf Club - $65 a head (tee off from 11.30), 36 spots booked. Putting comp prior.
    Sun 7th - Heritage Golf Club - $99 a head (tee-off from 8.30am). This is for the St Johns course.
    Mon 8th - Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club - $75 a head (tee off from 7.45am shotgun) Approx 20 spots booked.

So all up we're looking at around ~$559 for golf (including $ for prizes), and additional for carts if wanted will be $20 at Yering Meadows and $25 at Heritage.

All nights will be at Andigolds hotel for the rough price of around $67.50 a night, paid upon checkout, and conference rooms have been booked for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

BSB: 303-092
    Account: 4959945
    Nicholas D Hoggan

Provisional Sunday Draw

Gamebook links:
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 6th February 2016 at 07:38 PM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by shazza_rs View Post
    This truly is the best run and organised champs by far.
    Ouch!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Some photos of the big winners at the champs this year
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Lucas is holding enough wood their to give himself a 'woody'
    Callaway GBB 10.5 AD DI 6S shaft
    Callaway 2 Hybrid X Stiff Kuro Kage
    Callaway Apex Pro 16's 3-PW KBS X Stiff shafts
    Callaway 50,60 Mack Daddy 2 wedges
    Titleist SM5 54 Wedge
    Bushnell Rangefinder
    Titleist Pro V1
    Odyssey Putter 34' with Superstroke 3
    Footjoy Shoes
    Oakley /Radar Lock Path Prizm lenses
    Sligo/Oscar Jacobson/Ukko Clothing
    Loudmouth/Footjoy Gloves

Well..... wow.... where do I start?

Another Victorian Champs has been successfully run and won. Just 359 depressing days until it all happens again.

My congratulations again go to our newly crowned Champion, Lucasto23, an absolute gentleman (except for when he needs to be something else), well done to you on 2 very solid rounds of golf on completely unfamiliar tracks (Not that your other rounds were bad either, you were very steady every day, at least score wise anyway. Sad I didn't get to play with you to see you flush it up close). I hope you thoroughly enjoyed every part of the trip and you get to experience some form of privileges that all the previous champs have managed to find in one way or another.

Well done also to Ned for your second placing, and to Ferrins for coming third in your inaugural VIC champs trek. Some very solid shooting from you gents, and your finishes in the ironman go to show a great level of consistency.

OK, onto my thank you's.

Andigold - What can you say about this bloke? Invites 20-25 absolute degenerates into his house, then leads them in being more raucous than the rest of us combined! Without the use of your place Andy, this weeks price just absolutely skyrockets and becomes almost impossible to do, so from myself (and everyone else I spoke to, trust me) we thank you with every fibre of our being. This champs doesn't happen without you. For allowing us to use your contacts to play every year on Woodlands and Spring Valley, we thank you. We know this is your reputation on the line. And last and definitely not least, for your work on getting us on to The Metropolitan Golf Club for our Uncivil War day, we can't thank you enough. I have a bigger hard-on for Metro than KH and Vic, so to finally get our day there was beyond my wildest dreams.

Courty - The man with the sheets. Does a stack more for these champs than anyone realises (myself included sometimes). Takes all the pain out of score collation and presentations by having it all in one handy sheet I can read out (and still stuff up!). Tracking GolfLinks, carrying 6000 heavy objects to and from the car, and most importantly driving my still drunk arse to Metro and Yering. Thank you buddy, when I need a hand with something you're always there.

wbennett - If there was only one bloke you could pick to take with you on a golf trip, who else could you possibly choose? Loves a beer, loves a golf, loves a chat, and loves what no-one would call a bargain but buys it anyway. I do very much have to thank you for organising the shirts for the Uncivil War from Marto (and please, if we can, thank Marto too if you get a chance. He makes no money from these shirts), but the higher thanks have to just go generally towards your enthusiasm for this weekend. Like a kid in a candy store, he wants one of EVERYTHING! I was concerned whether the trip would fall flat last year when you had to make a choice of attendance, and that made me realise your name needs to be one of the first on the sheet for every year to come.

P.S. Thanks for the leg rub while you were sleeping Sunday night too bud, Mrs Spud must be a veeeeerry happy woman. Like my up and down from out the back of 8 at St Johns, that was magic touch.

Monsta - Have you seen the trophies? Master craftsman or what!? Thank you so very much Kev, you supply the greatest trophies known to man (I should know, I've got 3 Monday one's taking pride of place at home!) and it's a highlight for me personally each year to pull them out of the bag / box to see what you've done each time. To let everyone else know, I let Kev do his own thing with the trophies. There's no direction from me what-so-ever, so all trophies you see and receive are completely his own design and doing. I believe he could easily set up his own side business doing these, they are that good. Also, for your tireless work with the camera, I truly appreciate it. Every year I say to myself "i'm taking more photos this year", and I reckon I came home with 6 photos compared to last years 8, so for you to take these happy snaps so that we can relive the memories means so much to all of us.

Lots of people have asked me so you've got to tell us mate, how do you get the tees in half for the trophies?

Shadesy / Shadeselina / Shadesefina - If the spud is the first bloke, this one is a very close second. Just prepared to take the absolute piss out of himself at every possible opportunity, let's face it, the man LOVES to show off. I can't even remember what you called yourself in the end, but all I'll ever be able to remember are those sweet, sweet cheeks. Oh, and thanks for the birdie comp too!

Lucasto23 - Auctioneer extraordinaire. Can talk underwater with a mouthful of wet cement. Can talk 3PuttMichael into buying the NAGA winner for $100!!! Can talk Peppas into buying last years NAGA winner for $63.50!!! C'mon ladies and gents, recognise those skills! I don't even remember how you came to be at the head of it last year, but I'm very glad you stepped up and took it on. A barrel of laughs. Massive thanks also to PeteyD for taking over and wrangling the auction on Saturday night. That was greatly appreciated mate, and you did a fantastic job of pushing through so many items.

Everyone - You all deserve my biggest thanks. For attending, taking everything in great spirit, your generosity when it comes to Auctions / Calcuttas / Stubby Holders, and most importantly the laughs that you all provide. I look back on every night there and think "that was one of the funniest things I've ever been involved with". I know that this weekend is not cheap, part of the consequence for having the best courses in the country I guess, so for everyone to do what they have done over the 5 days is an outstanding effort. Special thanks to all those who donated items into the auction too, even the Brosnans!

Debutants - Thank you and well done to these guys, we had a good number of debutants this year. It takes a fair amount of courage to throw money to some stranger on the internet with the prospect of playing golf with 30+ strangers you've never met before, so for taking the plunge we say thank you and we sincerely hope to see you back next year.

Regulars - You guys and lady know how I feel. We've had quite a few make all 4 installments of the VIC Champs and a very large number have done 3, so for continuing to support this event I thank you. We're really starting to hit our straps now and I believe this champs could easily hit 40+ fields next year. If only we could get some of the locals to play?

Mrs Lefty - Ned and Lucas actually touched on it but it is true. She cops an enormous load from me (phrasing!) in the lead-up to this, when I forget everything with 3 days to go. She did the prize envelopes and other various little knick-knacky things (she did an especially good job of finding everything after we'd moved house 2 weeks prior!) for me, so thanks Darls. But don't worry everyone, I showed her the groups appreciation Monday night!

To anyone else who has done things that I've forgotten, I can guarantee you that I appreciated them greatly at the time, and I apologise that i haven't thanked you publicly here.

And so with that, I bring my reign of terror as chief organiser of the VIC Champs to an end. I don't believe there's any way for me to continue in the same capacity of role for the future, but with others helping I'm still happy to remain as the main "guiding hand". And just to clarify, it's not that I haven't received offers of help over the last 4 years, I most certainly have and they are massively appreciated, it's just that my OCD tends to kick in and I figure "it's just easier if I do it myself". There's ideas banging around for next year already, so VIC Champs certainly won't die, it may just receive a new coat of paint, some flashy new fixtures and some re-sodding for next year and the years to come.

So with that in mind, I'm calling for EOI's to be part of the 2017 VIC Champs committee. I believe we have some people in there already but it wasn't overly used so the members might need a refresh. Please post if you are interested, and YOU WILL be given a role this time around. Also, if you're not interested in committee but have some ideas about how things can be improved please feel free to post, telegram or PM me. Shadesefina tells me I'm a very open-minded person.

Much, much, MUCH LOVE,

Lefty.
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 6th April 2016 at 11:03 AM.
    GolfMap

Quote Originally Posted by Lucasto23 View Post
    Got to say, I love the panadol / nurofen tucked in there also.
    GolfMap

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well said lefty, tip of the hat to all involved...

Quote Originally Posted by lovegolf2012 View Post
    lucas is holding enough wood their to give himself a 'woody'

hahahaha... I see what you did there.

very clever!!!
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Ok gents, I have a remaining 8 of these collectors edition stubby holders. $10 posted gets you a fantastic memory of when the Confeds went 3-1 up, Lucas won the 4th VIC Champs, and Lefty finally lost a Monday game.

GolfMap

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

1 for me.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    1 for me.
    Too easy mate. We'll see if we get a few takers from up that way, but definitely 1 put aside for you.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I'll grab one as well thanks PM me some payment details.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

There going to be a photo thread??? Got some great photos !

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    There going to be a photo thread??? Got some great photos !
    So long as none of them are of me losing my shit on 18 @ Metro then go nuts mate!

2016 Champs photo thread
    http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?t=47221
    GolfMap

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    So long as none of them are of me losing my shit on 18 @ Metro then go nuts mate!

2016 Champs photo thread
    http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?t=47221
    If only I got a photo of shadesy putt rolling backward towards him on 2

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    If only I got a photo of shadesy putt rolling backward towards him on 2
    So cruel. Was never gonna get there, but then to get so close and roll back was just a wee bit funny.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Well said Lefty, absolutely cracking event
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

lefty did you have any more stubby holders available I forgot to buy one off you at the champs?
    --- LEFT HAND LOW --

BAG IN PLAY
    Titty 917 D3 Diamana White 70g S
    Taylormade Stage 2 5 wood
    Titleist 913H 23 Deg - Phantom
    Titleist 718cb 4- PW Project 6.0 X Flighted
    Vokey SM5 54 deg
    Callaway X Tour 56 Deg
    Vokey SM5 60 Deg
    Odyessey 1w Stroke Lab

Quote Originally Posted by mint View Post
    lefty did you have any more stubby holders available I forgot to buy one off you at the champs?
    Definitely do mate, yeah. Will be collecting addresses from people this arvo to send out, so if you want to PM your postal addy please?
    GolfMap

Just in case anyone missed out, I have 2 or 3 more stubby holders available....
    GolfMap

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Just in case anyone missed out, I have 2 or 3 more stubby holders available....
    On top of the 5 or so you paid for to reduce the leftovers..............

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    On top of the 5 or so you paid for to reduce the leftovers..............
    Yeah, but I need one for the car, one for the golf bag, one for the house, one for the tennis bag, one for the bowls bag.

They're certainly not going to gather any dust.
    GolfMap

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Yeah, but I need one for the car, one for the golf bag, one for the house, one for the tennis bag, one for the bowls bag.

They're certainly not going to gather any dust.

So you have an all over drinking problem, not just all at once

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    So you have an all over drinking problem, not just all at once
    I'm nothing if not consistent.
    GolfMap

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I'll have another one Lefty, I'll transfer the dollars and you can just send it to the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by andigold View Post
    I'll have another one Lefty, I'll transfer the dollars and you can just send it to the hotel.
    Too easy mate, will mark it to your attention.
    GolfMap

Thread Information