Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1435
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default VIC Champs - Feb 4 - 8, 2016

COURSES ANNOUNCED!!!

Here we go ladies and gents, the tracks for 2016 VIC Champs are here!!!

Thurs 4th - Spring Valley Golf Club - $80 a head (tee-off from 2.30pm-ish). 24 spots booked.
    Fri 5th - The Metropolitan Golf Club - $240 a head (12pm gather for pre-round buffet and intro, tee off from 1.30pm, 2-tee start. 2 course meal after round). 40 spots booked, first 40 paid get in.
    Sat 6th - Yering Meadows Golf Club - $65 a head (tee off from 11.30), 36 spots booked. Putting comp prior.
    Sun 7th - Heritage Golf Club - $99 a head (tee-off from 8.30am). This is for the St Johns course.
    Mon 8th - Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club - $75 a head (tee off from 7.45am shotgun) Approx 20 spots booked.

So all up we're looking at around ~$559 for golf (including $ for prizes), and additional for carts if wanted will be $20 at Yering Meadows and $25 at Heritage.

All nights will be at Andigolds hotel for the rough price of around $67.50 a night, paid upon checkout, and conference rooms have been booked for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

BSB: 303-092
    Account: 4959945
    Nicholas D Hoggan

Provisional Sunday Draw

Gamebook links:
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 6th February 2016 at 07:38 PM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Dcanto and I played 9 holes at Eagle Ridge on the Friday last year. I liked it and would add it to the champs roster.

I'd cross the road for Yering, but on two conditions ...
    1. It was on fire and
    2. I could turn off the water supply.
    I would say eagle ridge would be a easy course for a Thursday or Monday round.

Next year if the dates worked

The sands Torquay
    Barwon heads golf course
    13th beach creek course
    13th beach ocean course
    RACV Torquay or something else

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Curlewis is a super track
    Callaway GBB 10.5 AD DI 6S shaft
    Callaway 2 Hybrid X Stiff Kuro Kage
    Callaway Apex Pro 16's 3-PW KBS X Stiff shafts
    Callaway 50,60 Mack Daddy 2 wedges
    Titleist SM5 54 Wedge
    Bushnell Rangefinder
    Titleist Pro V1
    Odyssey Putter 34' with Superstroke 3
    Footjoy Shoes
    Oakley /Radar Lock Path Prizm lenses
    Sligo/Oscar Jacobson/Ukko Clothing
    Loudmouth/Footjoy Gloves

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    Don't quote it, but I would have be good for the 30 pt challenge
    21 Springvale 8 wipes
    30 metro 6 wipes (squared match)
    35 yearing 3 wipes
    30 St. John's 4 wipes
    38 lakes 2 wipes
    33 eagle ridge 4 wipes

Best nine holes 21 lakes and eagle ridge
    Yep, solid - very good comeback after the Spring Valley round!
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Just a quick thankyou to all!

Lefty, Andigold, Wbenno, all the guys who organise, a massive thankyou. All we have to do is turn up and play. Win!

To my playing partners through the weekend, BenM (my horse!), Pete, Alan, Shades, Lefty, Titty, Sonic Boom, Benno_R, Larry and Pepps, a big thanks for a great weekend.

Lefty, thanks for the match Friday, birding the last was my only putt of the day, right time! But you are a flusha!

Loved the courses regardless of condition. Heritage was LONG! Metro was TOUGH, Spring was mint and the other was A-OK.

Will have some photos to put up soon. Congrats

Andigold, massive thanks for the accommodation, seriously good value. And the wine talk, could have went all night! Thanks as well to Al for the 2007!

Great to put some faces to names, and pencil already for next year.

Cheers

M3J

Full results for this thing??
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    Full results for this thing??
    It's not about results it's about participating!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Any photos of participation certificates?

Quote Originally Posted by highballin View Post
    It's not about results it's about participating!
    Not seeing any certificates.Fairly loose sort of show...
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

The Champ is here!!!

Wow wow wow, what a great trip as always bout I am not going to lie, playing some solid golf and WINNING made it amazing.

Firstly thank you some much to lefty, andyg, spud and monster for what they add to the event in organization and atmosphere as well as the rest of the motley crew that assist in anyway.

The Calcutta and auction is a great thing and very honored you allowed me to lead the charge again. Big thank you to PeteyD for assisting on Saturday night as I would never have gotten through it all.

A big big big thank you to all who donated and collated and delivered the auction prizes as they have raised money for a great cause.

It was great to stay up with the usual suspects every night and spud your an amazing roomie and alarm clock.

To my playing partners for the week, Monsta, Noren, larrylong, Captain my captain, Spud, AndyG, Nudgee, NK, Old-racer you guys were awesome as always and great to play with some new faces.

To all the virgin's I hope it was all it was built up to be and your looking forward to next year already and roping some mates in as well.

A huge thank you to Al Mr Naga bus himself for getting me to each course on time and never leaving me behind and was great to come through for you in the Calcutta. Also a great thank you to my supportive playing partners on the weekend who all spured me on Sunday whilst competing for the win.

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed room 802 after the win and hopefully the baby got to sleep in the end I really appreciated everyone's kind words after the win and super excited about golf again.

In review:

Charity auction, let's make sure we all have $50 stashed away for this next year boys and girls as its for a good cause and every dollar can actually save a life.

Running a business that requires organizing a lot of people I understand how crazy it must be to run this or any similar event. It would be great if a couple of people can commit to one task and lend a hand as the current organizers are fantastic and it would be a shame to loose any of them through lack of community effort.

Finally The golf courses were great, compared to what I get to play and would love another crack at Metro now that I have some idea on layout. Staying in the one location made the early mornings easier and it is the best improvement in my view ever. If I could putt would have ran away with it so will be having a sneaky lesson or two before next year looking forward to playing some more champs around the country if possible and thank you all for the congratulations once again.

Lefty, AndyG, Spud, Monsta you guys are TOPS and looking forward to doing it all again next year and hopefully another party in 802.

CHAMP OUT
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Thanks Lefty, quality event and organisation. As others have said it takes a huge effort and it is a bit like a duck on the pond, cool calm and collected on the surface but a 100 miles an hour underneath.

To Leftys Lads, the people who help out him helping us all out with a quality event, thanks guys.

Thanks Roomies (Oldracer and BenM), Ben it wasn't marital advice, something very simple, "Happy Wife, Happy Life and great golf trips."

AndiGold, thanks, outside of Lefty without your influence and Hotel the whole thing would be an even greater challenge. Your staff and what we get at your "House" is second to none.

Monsta, the man with the big extension (camera that is), the wood work wonder man, the bastard who out drove me with a 3 wood, thankfully you are a genuinely nice guy otherwise they would have been looking for Ferrets body in the Yarra.

Well done to Lucas (not just the win but the Auctions and Calcutta), PeteyD (Lucas's offsider), Shadeyslina (Birdie Comp), Dotty (Dotty's Express) and Spanner (Buggy still goes good after 6 months in your front yard).

Apologies if I have missed anyone else.

Thanks to my playing partners over the 5 days.
    • Thur - Mint, GK and Kev (Winner of the day)
    • Fri - Hardboiled, GK and Dotty (THAT bunker shot was outstanding).
    • Sat - (Two Strokes) Oldracer, 3PP (Lager has it all wrong about you but Hux was on the money) and Sunday Hacker.
    • Mon - Lucas, Andigold and Oldracer.
    • Mon - Lucas (Champ), Monsta (Bastard) and Oldracer.
    To the Coach Captain, Big Al did a great job, not only for me but for the other Naga Bus/Trophy Bus occupants over the 5 days. He didn't ask for anything, was always available to pick up and drop off, but thank god he drew the line on Ferrets request to sleep in the Bus (He was serious).

And finally thanks to Mrs Lefty, her saving grace is most probably the fact that he goes away for this event, and she is finally spared his grief and frustration when he gets those Telegram, PM, Emails and Text Messages that create those mini explosions out of no where at home in organising this event for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Thanks Lefty, quality event and organisation. As others have said it takes a huge effort and it is a bit like a duck on the pond, cool calm and collected on the surface but a 100 miles an hour underneath.To Leftys Lads, the people who help out him helping us all out with a quality event, thanks guys.Thanks Roomies (Oldracer and BenM), Ben it wasn't marital advice, something very simple, "Happy Wife, Happy Life and great golf trips."AndiGold, thanks, outside of Lefty without your influence and Hotel the whole thing would be an even greater challenge. Your staff and what we get at your "House" is second to none.Monsta, the man with the big extension (camera that is), the wood work wonder man, the bastard who out drove me with a 3 wood, thankfully you are a genuinely nice guy otherwise they would have been looking for Ferrets body in the Yarra.Well done to Lucas (not just the win but the Auctions and Calcutta), PeteyD (Lucas's offsider), Shadeyslina (Birdie Comp), Dotty (Dotty's Express) and Spanner (Buggy still goes good after 6 months in your front yard).Apologies if I have missed anyone else.Thanks to my playing partners over the 5 days.
    • Thur - Mint, GK and Kev (Winner of the day)
    • Fri - Hardboiled, GK and Dotty (THAT bunker shot was outstanding).
    • Sat - (Two Strokes) Oldracer, 3PP (Lager has it all wrong about you but Hux was on the money) and Sunday Hacker.
    • Mon - Lucas, Andigold and Oldracer.
    • Mon - Lucas (Champ), Monsta (Bastard) and Oldracer.
    To the Coach Captain, Big Al did a great job, not only for me but for the other Naga Bus/Trophy Bus occupants over the 5 days. He didn't ask for anything, was always available to pick up and drop off, but thank god he drew the line on Ferrets request to sleep in the Bus (He was serious).And finally thanks to Mrs Lefty, her saving grace is most probably the fact that he goes away for this event, and she is finally spared his grief and frustration when he gets those Telegram, PM, Emails and Text Messages that create those mini explosions out of no where at home in organising this event for us all.
    Great call my drug dealer/ pharmacy/ enabler.Thank you very much Mrs Lefty
    If it aint for sale the right price has just not been offered

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I am sitting at work, having gone through 130 emails I don't want to deal with, as none are about 'what shirts are we getting/can you pick up this from this bloke/I am soooo keen/have you found a course guide for Metro etc'

Its all been said by everyone else, but thanks to everyone who came, experienced the weekend, contributed to the conversation, laughter and spirit of what has become an epic and legendary event.

My big thanks and I'll keep it quick as its all been said before - Lefty, you are The Godfather of this trip. End of story. For 2017, there are a few of us who have already said we will stand up and help out to ensure it happens but I would love to have you provide the guidance! Andigold, thank you for organising Thursday and Friday, and sharing your hotel for us. I hope we are invited back next year (and there is photographic proof that when the noise complaint about 802 came thru, I could have only contributed through snoring!). Courty, your behind the scenes work with record keeping/scoring and everything else is extraordinary. Glad you are always sober

To the guys who travel from everywhere, you make this trip - when people ask who I was away with, and I say 40 internet friends from Perth, Darwin, Cairns, Moranbah, Mareeba, Brisbane, Launceston, Sydney, Canberra, Nagambie, Portland, Ocean Grove etc their jaws drop. Add in a dozen Melbourne locals and we have one hell of a weekend. The golf is just half the weekend - catching up with old mates I see once a year, or once every couple of years, and meeting new blokes like 3PP make it all worthwhile. Thanks to my roomie The Champ (two years in a row for anyone looking for a 2017 roomie), the boys I played with over the 5 days, my driver on the way home Monday Monsta who took over whenever I couldnt keep my eyes open and everyone else involved.

Its only roughly 360 days til we get to do it again.

#confederatetilIdie

PS - if anyone is ever down Canberra way, give me a yell. I would happily host any of you at Gungahlin, feed you, and put you up for a night or two if you wanted somewhere to stay. Tie it in with the AFL where the Giants play Geelong 3rd of April, Port on 17th and Richmond 30th of July if you want to make a golf/footy weekend of it!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Did ferrins grab my gear by any chance?
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Your wedge was with the RS's to be given to Perci - and was only remembered it was in the boot on Monday!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

tah, they don't live far from me - so I can get it direct, or from Perc.

Wonder if the 3 wood and hybrid made it out of the Parkview!
    Moe Norman

Ping G30 9* | Wilson Staff Tour F5 15* | Ping G20 20** | Ping i3 Blades 3-PW | Ping Tour 54.12 & 60.08| Yes! Marilyn

"I had played so poorly recently, I started thinking that maybe I should do something else. Then I saw my friends going to work every day and realised that my life wasn't so bad." -Steve Pate

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Moe as far as I'm aware, they never made it to the Parkview.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman View Post

Who had them?
    I was involved in 3 different carpark transactions at Metro!

Chopperlink

WITB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spud View Post
    Who had them?
    I was involved in 3 different carpark transactions at Metro!
    Four, if you include Shadeselina.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Firey was meant to deliver to Parkview.

Seems they didn't make it.

No biggy!
    Moe Norman

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Four, if you include Shadeselina.
    Best value for money of the weekend. 5 of the best bucks ever spent!

Chopperlink

WITB

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

$5? Getting cheaper as she ages

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    $5? Getting cheaper as she ages
    I think she may have got her revenge whilst I was asleep Sunday evening.

Chopperlink

WITB

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Sure you were asleep

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Sitting in the Melbourne Virgin lounge awaiting our return flight to Brisvegas.

This truly is the best run and organised champs by far. It doesn't happen just by accident, so thanks to all of those guys who help out.

My golf was average but geez I had a bucket load of laughs.
    Thanks to all my playing partners, Courty, SundayHack, gammon, dotty, mint, hardboiled, peteyD, GK, monsta and shadesy. Thanks for not forgetting to stop at the reds.

I have just finished my 7th round in 7 days and can safely say I am stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe Norman View Post

We are back tomorrow

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Thread Information