Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1435
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default VIC Champs - Feb 4 - 8, 2016

COURSES ANNOUNCED!!!

Here we go ladies and gents, the tracks for 2016 VIC Champs are here!!!

Thurs 4th - Spring Valley Golf Club - $80 a head (tee-off from 2.30pm-ish). 24 spots booked.
    Fri 5th - The Metropolitan Golf Club - $240 a head (12pm gather for pre-round buffet and intro, tee off from 1.30pm, 2-tee start. 2 course meal after round). 40 spots booked, first 40 paid get in.
    Sat 6th - Yering Meadows Golf Club - $65 a head (tee off from 11.30), 36 spots booked. Putting comp prior.
    Sun 7th - Heritage Golf Club - $99 a head (tee-off from 8.30am). This is for the St Johns course.
    Mon 8th - Sanctuary Lakes Golf Club - $75 a head (tee off from 7.45am shotgun) Approx 20 spots booked.

So all up we're looking at around ~$559 for golf (including $ for prizes), and additional for carts if wanted will be $20 at Yering Meadows and $25 at Heritage.

All nights will be at Andigolds hotel for the rough price of around $67.50 a night, paid upon checkout, and conference rooms have been booked for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

BSB: 303-092
    Account: 4959945
    Nicholas D Hoggan

Provisional Sunday Draw

Gamebook links:
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Monday
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LeftyHoges; 6th February 2016 at 07:38 PM.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Custom Lajosi DD201 - 390g head
    GolfMap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Thanks to Lefty for a top 5 days of golf and all the add ons that are associated with the event. To Andy cheers for the accomadation and for being a good sport. To Al for transport and being a genuine good bloke.. Congratulations to Lucas for winning and being good fun as an auctineer. To Ned well played and will take on board your life coaching. To courty, nudgee, bennoR and Kari for the cool auction items I scored.
    Had a good time in all the rounds so a big thanks to my playing partners simmsy, lefty, Andy, pepps, monsta, oldracer, shadsey, dcanto, Laurence, floppypat, hardboiled, noren and Larrylong

My turn for the Vic champs post.

First of all, congrats to all those upstanding southern scumbags on their win - great job Captain Spud. We may have lost that battle, but at least I got to keep my name.

Another congrats to my esteemed VC Lucas. For a low marker without a lot of golf in the last 6 months, he ground it out for an excellent win.

A big pat on the back to Lefty, AndiG, and the rest of the local lads for putting on a great weekend. I enjoyed all the courses I played, and the all the extra work for the accommodation, after golf events, logistics etc etc. My only request for next year of 5 days of St Andrews Beach or similar that will allow my to spray it to my hearts content.

To all my playing partners, thanks you for the games. I enjoyed the company from you all, and really enjoyed getting a hit with some new faces - Simmsy, SydneyHack, and Shadesy. Sorry for stinking up my putting Saturday and stinking up everything else Sunday.

Work is always a factor in deciding whether I am able to make it back, but I sure hope I can next year - I want to keep my name another year, and I want the civil war trophy back north.

Cheers,
    Ben

edit: Also thanks to Dotty and the Dotty Express for the buggy over 3 days - most appreciated.
    Last edited by benno_r; 8th February 2016 at 05:49 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Lefty, thanks mate. you know how I feel.

Andigold, your hospitality and reputation are put on the line to put us up and it doesn't happen without you. You also provide the best one liners every night. Thanks.

Courty your tireless work makes it a breeze to get the scoring and things done. I need a birdie comp spreadsheet mate.

Spud your behind the scenes work and just general passion for the weekend is infectious, so thanks. Thanks for the match on Thursday.

Thanks to the Naga/champs bus for the lift and my WAnkers for the top weekend.

3puttpete mentioned to me that basically we had to:
    1.Pay
    2. Turn Up

Did not have to think of anything else. That is both an amazing thing and a curse to the organisers, but the weekend is the best because of it. Thanks for the game and yellow ball victory on Thursday 3PP.

I played with some great new faces and enjoyed everyone of my rounds with company... Except Friday. (For my own golf) I would say well played to Gammon but that's not quite entirely true... Good Fun on and off the course. Matt3Jab is a flusher and has the sexiest ball flight. Nemo plays solid golf (except par 5's).

Peppas, Dcanto, Ferrins, Benno_R and Petey D thanks for putting up with my chopping and drunkeness.

4 schooners in the airport waiting for the flight and planning next year.

Thanks all
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Thanks to Lefty and AG for the great work,awesome.Also a huge thanks to Dcanto,Shazza and 3PP for awesome day Friday,sorry for being unable to play last hole whatsoever and the few before it like a cripple.

Next year I will 100% be over my troubles I will make sure of that.And go Confeds!

Great work all involved!
    Callaway GBB 10.5 AD DI 6S shaft
    Callaway 2 Hybrid X Stiff Kuro Kage
    Callaway Apex Pro 16's 3-PW KBS X Stiff shafts
    Callaway 50,60 Mack Daddy 2 wedges
    Titleist SM5 54 Wedge
    Bushnell Rangefinder
    Titleist Pro V1
    Odyssey Putter 34' with Superstroke 3
    Footjoy Shoes
    Oakley /Radar Lock Path Prizm lenses
    Sligo/Oscar Jacobson/Ukko Clothing
    Loudmouth/Footjoy Gloves

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    OzGolf Dream Threesome Group.......Apparently.

Attachment 39859
    Who was on the spit, shadesirena?

How could I forgot about the fantastic trophies from Monsta. Great work again. I'll win one one day.
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default VIC Champs - Feb 4 - 8, 2016

I'm conflicted, very glad to be home but very sad that the epic golf odyssey is finished for a whole nother year!

I had the pleasure of playing with Matt 3 Jab, oldracer, Peter_RS, Noren, SundayHack, Courty, Monsta, GK, LeftyHoges, Spanner, andigold, wbennett and RicMor. Thanks for the company, you're all good fellas and I enjoyed the games and courses a lot, even though apart from the first 8 holes on Thursday my golf wasn't usually much good! I did crack the 30+ point average over the 5 days for the first time though; I'll have to set a higher bar next time.

Ned thanks for rooming with me; your snoring wasn't that bad, but my tolerance is pretty high these days, and thanks for the marital advice!

Congratulations to Lucasto on the big win, must've played some really solid golf over the 2 days so it was well deserved; especially with the added pressure of being grand master auctioneer - thanks again for doing that, it's always entertaining. Likewise congrats to wbennett on captaining the winning Confederate team; the trophy is back in the South where it belongs! And speaking of trophies, Monsta thanks again for the great work on those, I'd love to take one home one day!

There are heaps of other great characters who come along to these trips and help make them what they are, I won't name all of them but thanks for coming and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I will give a special mention to LarryLong for the op shop outfits, there were some corkers (again), I hope you keep doing it.

LeftyHoges, andigold, Courty, Monsta and everyone else involved in organising these things, you do a great job and thank you so very very much for all of it. I know from bitter experience how wearing it can be to run events like this. Once the dust settles and the planning starts for next year, let's talk about how it can be run so that nobody ends up burnt out and everyone involved still gets to enjoy 5 fantastic days of golf and extracurricular activities.

I need sleep.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Another great Vic Champs - thanks to the organisers who did an incredible job, as always.

It's the only time of the year I hang out with real golfers and pretend to be a golfer myself, but this year I failed miserably. Thanks to all of my playing partners who smiled and nodded and put up with my five-day train wreck - you were all fantastic company and it was great to watch a few dead set flushers in action.

Congrats to all the winners, especially Lucas, and of course, the mighty Captain Spud and the rest of the confederate team. Roll on 2016!
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Wow Shazza has decided to play wed now making it 7days straight

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Congrats to everyone for a great weekend.

Everyone who helps out you are great

To the guys that I played or drank with it was fun.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Went and had my back fixed today..was a flying rib that was out and shooting the spasms down my lower back..Chiro was amazed I could even play at all..feeling straight now..but lots and lots of strength work coming up for me
    Titleist SM5 54 Wedge
    Bushnell Rangefinder
    Titleist Pro V1
    Footjoy Shoes
    Loudmouth/Footjoy Gloves

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveGolf2012 View Post
    was a flying rib
    Sounds delicious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Sounds delicious!!!
    F@@k it wasn't Friday mate on the back 9 let me tell you..pretty painful
    Titleist SM5 54 Wedge
    Bushnell Rangefinder
    Titleist Pro V1
    Footjoy Shoes
    Loudmouth/Footjoy Gloves

Back to the daily grind but already looking forward to next year's event.

A big Thank You again to Lefty, Andigold, Courty and everyone else involved with the planning and execution of the Vic Champs. It was brilliant.

Thanks to benno_r for the lift from the airport and Lefty for the ride to and from each course - very much appreciated. Thanks also to my roomies, Capt Nemo, Matt 3 Jab, and Gammon. They had me laughing so hard at one point that beer nearly came out my nose.

To those I played with over the 3 days, Lovegolf2012, Shazza_rs, 3PuttPete, Capt Nemo, Shadesy, Ferrins, Nudgee, Peter_rs and Gammon - thanks for your company. It certainly made my indifferent golf much more enjoyable. Congratulations to Lucas on the Champs win and to wbennett on successfully captaining the Confederacy to victory. Don't get too comfortable - the North shall rise again.

It was great to meet the WA crew that attended as well as other east coast Ozgolfers that I had not yet met. Also great to catch-up with those that I had met at previous champs. If ever you are up FNQ way don't hesitate to contact me as it would be great to catch up with you for a hit or at least a drink. I'll even shout a round of golf at Gordonvale if you are game.

Many happy memories and I can't wait to see some of Monsta's photos.

Cheers.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Last planned game done for the Vic champs, unless I go out tomorrow.

33 at eagle ridge I was surprised with all the bad press how good it is.

I would rank it with port sea or cape shank and its value at $35.

From what I can tell a lot of the garden beds have been removed.

The fairways and green where on par with the heritage.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by LoveGolf2012 View Post
    Went and had my back fixed today..was a flying rib that was out and shooting the spasms down my lower back..Chiro was amazed I could even play at all..feeling straight now..but lots and lots of strength work coming up for me
    Similar to what I had a few months back. I did play three rounds of club champs after doing it before going to the physio 😂 Hurts to cough/breathe/sleep/think. Give it two or three weeks and you should be fine.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post

Wow, super ironman! I haven't played Eagle Ridge for at least 10 years, but I always wonder at the horrible reputation it has among the course snob types. Surely it can't be that bad - especially if the condition is on par with Heritage. I think I'll try to have a round there next time I get the chance if it is only $35.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spud View Post
    Similar to what I had a few months back. I did play three rounds of club champs after doing it before going to the physio Hurts to cough/breathe/sleep/think. Give it two or three weeks and you should be fine.
    I've never had it before,got it back in,but geez it hurt when playing back 9..I wasn't sure what I'd done it felt different on the Thursday to my normal back troubles.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on working with a TPI certified golf fitness trainer..got to sort this out finally!
    Titleist SM5 54 Wedge
    Bushnell Rangefinder
    Titleist Pro V1
    Footjoy Shoes
    Loudmouth/Footjoy Gloves

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Wow, super ironman! I haven't played Eagle Ridge for at least 10 years, but I always wonder at the horrible reputation it has among the course snob types. Surely it can't be that bad - especially if the condition is on par with Heritage. I think I'll try to have a round there next time I get the chance if it is only $35.
    I feel a bit the same way.I wouldnt cross the road to play Yering again.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Blog Entries

Dcanto and I played 9 holes at Eagle Ridge on the Friday last year. I liked it and would add it to the champs roster.

I'd cross the road for Yering, but on two conditions ...
    1. It was on fire and
    2. I could turn off the water supply.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Co-incidence that both of you struggled to break 20 points

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Hacker View Post
    Co-incidence that both of you struggled to break 20 points
    You learnt well, Grasshopper.

ps. Oops. Confused Sydney Hacker with Sunday Hacker.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post

Oh Bruce..... Where are you???

Someone at my club last week had good things to say about Eagle Ridge so it's good to hear you enjoyed it.

My only other question is what was your 6 day iron man score?
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well what can i say that already hasnt been said.....?
    Big thanks to Lefty/Andigold/Spud and Monsta the trophy maker extrodinaire and other guys who made things possible, you do a great job looking after 40 pissheads!
    Thanks to my Old Mate Simmsy for the epic battle on Fri, was something to remember the win takes me to 3-0 for the Uncivil War!
    Nice to play with Dcanto and Ferret again, and Shadeserina whom ive never had the pleasure of playing with before but had 2 most enjoyable rounds with.
    The friday night was another to behold, great entertainment.
    I was a lot of $50 notes lighter, still can't remember what i actually bet on!
    Another super weekend with a good bunch of mates.
    If your an Ozgolfer and you haven't been to the Vic Champs, or any other State Champs for that matter, well your missing out.
    Seriously the best weekend you'll have, hands down.
    Pencil me in for next year!
    Still the only Winning Union Captain,
    Love Nemo!

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    Oh Bruce..... Where are you???

Someone at my club last week had good things to say about Eagle Ridge so it's good to hear you enjoyed it.

My only other question is what was your 6 day iron man score?
    Don't quote it, but I would have be good for the 30 pt challenge
    21 Springvale 8 wipes
    30 metro 6 wipes (squared match)
    35 yearing 3 wipes
    30 St. John's 4 wipes
    38 lakes 2 wipes
    33 eagle ridge 4 wipes

Best nine holes 21 lakes and eagle ridge

Thread Information