So thought I'd start a new one since the last one I found was about iphones.

I've got a Pebble watch on the way so I'm looking at apps for my phone that work with it.

Golfshot seems to be the app most people know, but it doesn't work with the Pebble watch. Personally, I'm looking at ones that work on Android too, though most apps are multi platform. So I've searched for apps that work with the Pebble, and found a few. But what's surprised me is that most of them have a higher user rating than Golfshot, and most have many more installs than Golfshot too. So I'm wondering if anyone's tried any of them out.

There's a golf app called Freecaddie, which comes with a paid version too.

There's another by Swing By Swing. It seems to be one that uses a subscription model. But the subscription app seems to include one option with you can specifically turn off. It has the option to include wind speed and elevation changes. You can enter club distances and it can make club suggestions based on distances, but if turned on also take into account elevation and wind to give you an effective distance. I'm assuming these features are against the R&A rules.

Another called Golf Pad, which seems to be a subscription model too. But from what I can see you don't get smartwatch support with the free version. Also you can buy golf tags to use with this app, I'm guessing which work like the other tags which have been used by some guys here. I think a set of 15 tags cost about $99, but can't be used with iphones as it requires the phone to have nfc, and apple lock their nfc down in the 6's.

From what I can tell, the smartwatch apps (in the paid/subscription versions) give you front/ctr/back distances, possibly distances to other points, shot tracking, and score and stat entering; all from the watch.

Probably most now days go down the rangefinder/dedicated gps route. But if anyone's given any of these a go, on either platform, let us know what you think.