Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default 2015 Riverside Oaks Sat 28/2 - Sun 1/3

Hi Guys,

I know the original date of the NSW Champs was Marchish but for various reasons (which suited MrB ) it was changed to Winter as per:

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...6-28-June-2015

Now at one point in the original discussion it was also floated by KJ for a brief period that a March Champs at Riverside Oaks may have been possible. As it turned out this was due to the Scotty Cameron group organising a weekend there and with the numbers low the invitation was handed out. But was then withdrawn for various reasons. ANYWAY… as it turns out the Scotty weekend has pretty much fallen over. At this stage there is really only Lawrence (titty) , Tony (castaway) and myself… a cracking group but not enough to warrant a weekend away!

Sooo, long story short the booking is there if WE want to use it for Ozgolf.

UPDATE: This is going ahead but just a one night stay OR golf only details as below

Details are below but what we need to know is committed numbers by say Tuesday 10th next week and then money to Tony soon after.

Where: Riverside Oaks, Cattai
    When: Sat 28th Feb to Sun March 1st (Before the madness of Kids winter sports start up! )

Itinerary:
    - Saturday 9:30am Golf on the Gangurru Course. The original championship course, host of the Aust PGA back in the late 80’s and recently the host of the NSW PGA for 2014.
    http://www.riversideoaks.com.au/deta...id=&submenuid=
    - Saturday aftenoon beers / putting comp and dinner at RO
    - Sunday 8:30am Golf on the Bungool Course. Recently opened Championship course and future host of the NSW PGA.
    http://www.riversideoaks.com.au/deta...id=&submenuid=
    - Presentation after golf and depart

Cost: $285pp - Includes: Sat night accommodation in deluxe room with King singles, both rounds with carts and full buffet breakfast Sun. Other meals at your own choosing and cost.

There is also the options of golf only Sat OR Sun. $75pp per round includes cart.

Let me or Tony (the main man orgainsing!) if you have any questions… and put your name down!

Cheers,
    Waz
    Last edited by wazandnic; 11th February 2015 at 07:13 PM.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Just so you know, I have booked dinner at the Riverside Oaks Bistro for 6:30pm.
    Should be plenty of time to win the putting competition and have that pay for my dinner !
    Any of the Saturday golfers are welcome to join the 'stayers' for dinner - no need to let me know just attend if you wish.
    Cheers
    Tony

In case interested, here are the groups for Saturday. Sunday will be Tournament order.
    Group Time
    1 Waz Rod Paul Gava 9:34am
    2 Peppas Matty Tomsy -------- 9:42am
    3 Fox Oscar Keith Tony 9:50am
    4 Kiwitown KJ Titleist ---------- 9:58am
    5 T. Dimos A. Dimos Patrick Wardy 10:06am
    There will be 2 NTP's, 1 Drive & Chip and 1 Long Drive each day. Simple prizes on Saturday, Trophies on Sunday.
    Cheers

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

In case interested, here are the groups for Saturday. Sunday will be Tournament order.
    Group Time
    1 Waz Rod Paul Gava 9:34am
    2 Peppas Matty Tomsy -------- 9:42am
    3 Fox Oscar Keith Tony 9:50am
    4 Kiwitown KJ Titleist Captain Nemo ---------- 9:58am
    5 T. Dimos A. Dimos Patrick Wardy 10:06am
    There will be 2 NTP's, 1 Drive & Chip and 1 Long Drive each day. Simple prizes on Saturday, Trophies on Sunday.
    Cheers

Fixed!

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Are you bringing the Uncivil War trophy for a victory tour of duty?

May as well!!!
    We can mount it on the front of the cart?

^ Like!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thanks for the hit today boys. Met a few new ozgolfers including man mountain kiwitown and the real David Toms. Was a solid round by Tomsy with 41 points. Was good to finally have a bash with Peppas. Bloody hilarious. You could make a movie of his adventures on the course

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Thanks for the hit today boys. Met a few new ozgolfers including man mountain kiwitown and the real David Toms. Was a solid round by Tomsy with 41 points. Was good to finally have a bash with Peppas. Bloody hilarious. You could make a movie of his adventures on the course
    Great to have a round with you as well Matty. Glad you enjoyed it. Now you see the form that gets you in NAGA contention every champs I attend!

Nice work Tomsy on the round too. Who do I talk to for his username to get changed? Tomsy is such a crap name, it should be "TheRealDavidToms" IMO!

Thanks for organising Tony/Waz.
    Wished I could have stayed the night.
    Fwiw, I thought the course was in great nick bar a few greens....I really enjoyed it.
    Nice to meet big Kiwitown, lovely guy and I hope you get to a few more Ozgolf days, you'd really enjoy them.
    Always a pleasure KJ, could watch you hit the TP SLDR all day....
    Nemo

Yeah thanks guys for coming along and supporting the weekend. Pepps and KJ for staying on and putting up with all the Scottty talk... always fun guys. And especially captain for making the journey and chopping it around with one arm what was it "shooting hundreds" ... for 36 points!!

To update Pepps actually got pipped by one point for the two day overall Naga... his form just obviously not naga worthy!

Absolute gold....
    When's the big write up....

Quote Originally Posted by wazandnic View Post
    Yeah thanks guys for coming along and supporting the weekend. Pepps and KJ for staying on and putting up with all the Scottty talk... always fun guys. And especially captain for making the journey and chopping it around with one arm what was it "shooting hundreds" ... for 36 points!!

To update Pepps actually got pipped by one point for the two day overall Naga... his form just obviously not naga worthy!
    I stood on about the 6th hole with less than a point a hole and said to Keith I think it was, NAGA is mine.

He obviously disagreed!

Mate Tony was 10 points through 14 holes I think... then turned it on to finish with a 3, 4 and 2x 2 pointers for 21pts total... but still won the day Naga.

But Keith won the overall 2 day naga with 25 and 22pts respectively, I think it was.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Hi Everyone, just got home from a whirlwind family adventure, firstly a big thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome, to my playing partners Lawrence and KJ thanks for a great round of Golf, It was great to see such contrasting golf being played on the one hole, Peps in the bush hacking away while big Matty casually chips in for an eagle 2.. Tony & Wazza thanks for introducing me to the world of Scottie's and to KJ thanks for hustling me in the putting comp.

Please don't be offended if I haven't mentioned your name, it was great to meet you all. I look forward to convincing the wife to let me go to the champs.

Cheers Jason

Tractor Boys

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitown View Post
    Hi Everyone, just got home from a whirlwind family adventure, firstly a big thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome, to my playing partners Lawrence and KJ thanks for a great round of Golf, It was great to see such contrasting golf being played on the one hole, Peps in the bush hacking away while big Matty casually chips in for an eagle 2.. Tony & Wazza thanks for introducing me to the world of Scottie's and to KJ thanks for hustling me in the putting comp.

Please don't be offended if I haven't mentioned your name, it was great to meet you all. I look forward to convincing the wife to let me go to the champs.

Cheers Jason
    Good to hear mate, hope to see u at winter champs.

So, just wanted to say thanks to Waz and The Castaway for organising. Great weekend with a good group of guys. It was a shame the greens were so bad (I'm guessing it would've been even worse for the cameron collectors seeing as they love their putters!) but I enjoyed the courses and the company, even though I was in contention for NAGA. So thanks again, I might even attend next years if there is an invite extended to non Scotty users

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Great weekend...kudos to Tony and Waz for their organisation. All of the fellas from TCC and other places were down to earth and very easy to get a long with.

Sadly the course conditioning left a lot to be desired, but plenty of highlights in between the rounds. Putting comp and our putting skins was great (especially the array of Scottys on hand to try out) and I peaked way too early in the scheme of things (knocked out Jason in the quarters with 3 out of 4 putts sink and the 4th half a roll short). Dinner and chat was quality as well.

One thing I learned was Waz's hole in one at Mt Broughton where he was in between clubs (smooth 7 or hard . I had to ask him about his other memories of the course, particularly his injury at the 2013 Champs.

All in all a top couple of days.

Haha Pepps, seeing as the overall 2 day winner was a non scotty user I reckon there might be some rules laid down next time
    Last edited by wazandnic; 1st March 2015 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    Great weekend...kudos to Tony and Waz for their organisation. All of the fellas from TCC and other places were down to earth and very easy to get a long with.

Sadly the course conditioning left a lot to be desired, but plenty of highlights in between the rounds. Putting comp and our putting skins was great (especially the array of Scottys on hand to try out) and I peaked way too early in the scheme of things (knocked out Jason in the quarters with 3 out of 4 putts sink and the 4th half a roll short). Dinner and chat was quality as well.

One thing I learned was Waz's hole in one at Mt Broughton where he was in between clubs (smooth 7 or hard . I had to ask him about his other memories of the course, particularly his injury at the 2013 Champs.

All in all a top couple of days.
    Didn't you hole 6 out of 5 at one point?? You were onfire and I thought would be a shoe in, until the collapse.

And yes I guess you have to take the good with the bad, thanks for reminding me about the OZgolf champs glute episode!

So you need to at least pretend to like Scottys to go to these things?

Just for future reference...

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    So you need to at least pretend to like Scottys to go to these things?

Just for future reference...
    That's it, nailed - you also need to pretend to listen to Waz.

It was a great weekend, thank you to all that came, especially those that played both days and to Waz for the back-up, stats and pushing on with this Event.
    Hopefully will see many up at the Hunter.
    Cheers
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by The Castaway View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Castaway View Post
    I heard something about a hole in one at mt broughton a few times? Something about being in between clubs?

Always a good story to hear, I reckon!

Thread Information