Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.

Threaded View

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Default Dave's Bag Lotto and Club Reviews

I posted the post quoted below in my WITB thread, but thought I might start a separate thread, as I intend to complete some club reviews and updates at opportunity.

Today's bag sees my 710 AP2s (105Ts) back in my bag after months of absence whilst I tried a number of new new acquisitions, plus a number of rebirthed and lengthened sets. These are one of my favorite long term iron sets, so will be interesting to see if they still have it!

Driver for today will be an Epon AF101 with Bassara 73 in Reg. I haven't hit this club very much for some reason, never in comp, but remember it as being very straight, if not particularly long.

Hybrid set up for today will be a set of Adams a12 Pros in 16, 18 & 20*.

Last night I built the set of irons that I will likely play on Friday. TM TP CBs (2011) with R300s. I have had these heads for a while, but only just got around to building the set. Looking forward to trying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I have started a system of bag make up I am calling Bag Lotto. The main rules are I have to use a different driver, and a different set of irons each comp round. My Hybrid set up is also now getting mixed up. Only the core Wedges (Yururi 53* and 61*) and the Putter stay the same. This includes adding Drivers and irons cold, never before hit. I have started to also include practice rounds in the mix, just so I don't get attached to any single Driver or Iron set.

Makes for an interesting first couple of holes!, but it is actually working quite well, and giving me a better chance to assess and appreciate the various clubs in my collection. It has also (coincidentally?) coincided with me playing some of my most consistent golf in quite a while. Eventually I will complete a ranking/preference list of the Drivers, Hybrids and Irons, and then see if I can come up with the best combination as a target bag.

Today I played an X2 Hot 10.5*, and my just acquired set of MP53/59s. The X2 Hot (Aldila Blue) wasn't overly long, but fairly easy to hit and forgiving, pretty easy to hit fairways. I wasn't getting the greatest feel/feedback from the Mizzys, but I couldn't argue with the results. Good flight, very straight and consistent distances. At this stage I am putting the (lack of) feel down to the shafts (XP S300s).
    Last edited by Daves; 9th February 2015 at 01:51 PM.

Thread Information