Yet another single stab on bumpy greens. My ball striking was right up there, but I scored badly for the most part for 30 points (14/16). Did not make a putt of any length all day. The golf gods weren't at all kind;

This photo shows the result of a 180m approach shot from the wrong fairway (due to another bad bounce leading to a penalty drop) over trees to a super tight gap on that side of the green. It was dead on track and skirting the edge of bunker, heading straight at the pin. Suddenly it disappeared from view?? WTF??

IMAG1763[1].jpg

Yep, the trail in the sand confirmed it had hit the rake handle, popped up sideways and dribbled into the bunker.

Driver: Srixon Z-355 10.5* with Miyazaki Mizore Tour 6 Stiff
Fairway: Srixon Z-355 3 wood
Hybrid: Srixon Z-355 19*
Irons: Cleveland 588 CB 4 - PW
Wedges: Yururi Tour 49*, 53* & 57*
Putter: Nike Oz-4 CS Mallet 38"

The Z-355 was super solid for most of the day. I only missed 2 fairways with it. There was a 2+ club wind blowing so it is hard to compare stats, but I was getting very good length hitting low bullets into the wind and getting very good length downwind, including my longest drive of the year down the 2nd at 240m+ (wedge in, normally 5i or more). I even sacked it on one downwind hole, because I thought I would hit it into a usually out of range hazard. My GG Stats say it was middle of the recent pack overall, but I hit more FIRs with it.

The 355 3 wood and #3 were also super solid. I have not used them much previously, so it was nice to get the feel of them with solid shots.

I was on song with the 588cbs, but I did not get the rewards for some very solid striking. My GIR % was nearly double my long term average, but I was unable to capitalise on the bumpy greens and 2 putted every green.

The Oz-4 would one of the uglier looking putter heads out there, very un-Nike like, but it feels really good and has a great alignment design. I just could not get the putts to drop.