Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1538
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Back out on yesterday for the second round of the club champs. Lots of rain right up to late morning meant a bog track on the low lying holes and pretty soggy elsewhere. Bump and run wasn't an option for the most part.

Driver: Titleist 917 D3 10.5* with Kuro Kage 60 Stiff
    Fairway: Titleist 910F 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 915 Hd 17.5*
    Irons: Titleist 720 AP2 4 - PW
    Wedges: Yururi Tour 49*, 53* & 57*,
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S 38"

My first 2 shots of the day were pretty ordinary, hard pulls left into the trees. But then I hit a 9i to 20 feet and rolled in the putt for a par, go figure! A couple of bogeys and then 6 straight pars to finish the nine with 38 out! The 2nd nine was more of the same till the last few holes, made a good putt for bogey on the 8th (we started on 10) and then mucked up the 9th with an ugly double trying to overpower the hole to finish.

The 917 was very good to use. I didn't always strike it super clean, but I managed to keep it in play for the most part. When I caught to cleanly, it felt great and was fun to work little draws or cuts when I needed them.

The 915 HD was also very solid, till I tried to smash it down the last out of the slosh. Shot of the day was a GIR on our 13th that was playing 195m with a wet fairway.

The AP2s were great, love these irons. I hit some very crisp approach shots, the 6i being the stand out club with great GIR approach shots on 17, 18 and the 6.

My short game was on for the most part, and my putting back it up. I hardly missed a putt under 10 feet all day.

In the end I shot a 79/67 to finish runner up. A par on the last would have won me the day though!
    Nice shooting Dave! You seem to favour those AP2's. I don't know how you manage to find rhythm with all the different gear you play, but nice to see the Titleist gear served you well.

golflink WITB
    TSR3 9deg | TSR3 15deg | TSR2 3H | T100 4-GW | Vokey 56 & 60 | Newport 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by BrisVegas View Post
    Nice shooting Dave! You seem to favour those AP2's. I don't know how you manage to find rhythm with all the different gear you play, but nice to see the Titleist gear served you well.
    Thanks Dion. I MOI match my clubs and that seems to make the switching a lot easier to adjust to. The 710/910 series was a real sweet spot for Titleist clubs.
    Last edited by Daves; 25th June 2018 at 06:41 PM.

Two more comp rounds last week.

Wednesday was a standard Stableford event, and for me a precursor to the final round of the Club Champs. It end up being a very frustrating round for the most part, but I finished with a flourish. It took me 14 holes to make a par, ironically that was on our index 1 hole and was a 2 inch tap in! I then parred the next 3, and finished with an unlucky bogey, to bring some respectability to the scorecard .

Driver: TM SLDR 460 10.5* with Fujikura Pro 50 Reg
    Fairway: TM 2017 M1 3 Wood
    Hybrid: TM SLDR 19*
    Irons: Ping i20 4 - PW
    Wedges: Yururi Tour 49*, 53* & 57*
    Putter: Nike OZ-4 Mallet CS 38"

The SLDR was very good and a lot easier to hit than I remember. I only stumbled with it when I got frustrated with my scoring and tried to force it too much.

The i20s were good and I was hitting my iron shots solidly. It was the short game that was frustrating me. It started OK, but as I struggled to make a putt, it started to crumble at the edges. I felt I was putting well, but I just could not make anything until late in the round.

Saturdays's bag;

Driver: Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with Kuro Kage Black Reg
    Fairway: Titleist 910F 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 910H17*
    Irons: Titleist 710 AP2 4 - PW
    Wedges: Yururi Tour 49*, 53* & 57*,
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S 38"

It only took me 6 holes to make a par in this round, but the damage was done on my confidences levels! It didn't help that one of my competitors was hitting it miles past the rest of us! WTF I thought, how is he not leading us by a mile after 3 rounds?? In the end he shot 4 over, but missed out on the Cookies due to a quirk in a our Champs format. I found out later he was the ex club Pro. Our defending A Grade Open Champ (also an ex Pro) ended up getting beaten in a play off and was awarded the Senior Gross Title as a result.

The 910 D3 was very solid and again I only stumbled with it when I tried to press harder through impatience.

I hit my best ever 3 wood off the deck on our index 2 hole to be pin high for a bird attempt, which lipped out like a lot of my putts on the day!

In the end I shot a nett 78 and thought my chances were gone. But it turned out nobody chased me down, and my other 2 competitors in our group where even more intimidated by the gun golfer and faded badly.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

In the end I shot a nett 78 and thought my chances were gone. But it turned out nobody chased me down,
    So where did you end up Dave? You have a win?
    WITB -

Taylormade RBZ 9.5deg
    TM Sldr Mini 12deg
    Adams 2hy 4hy
    TM Speedblade 5-SW
    Wilson 8802 variant

Quote Originally Posted by dazza99 View Post
    So where did you end up Dave? You have a win?
    Hi Dazza, I ended up 3rd overall in the Open A Grade Nett and won the Senior A Grade Nett by 3 shots;

https://www.redlandbaygolf.com.au/cm...championships/

Hi Dazza, I ended up 3rd overall in the Open A Grade Nett and won the Senior A Grade Nett by 3 shots;

https://www.redlandbaygolf.com.au/cm...championships/
    Fantastic Dave. Well done.

Is that our own peteyd winning c grade?
    WITB -

Taylormade RBZ 9.5deg
    TM Sldr Mini 12deg
    Adams 2hy 4hy
    TM Speedblade 5-SW
    Wilson 8802 variant

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Yes but don't look at the scores ...

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Yes but don't look at the scores ...
    Well done Pete.

Scores? No matter what they were, they were better than all other C graders (and probably half of B grade ).

Reddy Bay is no picnic when it's set up long and quick for Club Champs & MM. Plus with the pins in nightmare positions....
    WITB -

Taylormade RBZ 9.5deg
    TM Sldr Mini 12deg
    Adams 2hy 4hy
    TM Speedblade 5-SW
    Wilson 8802 variant

Only one comp round completely last week with plenty of rain saturating the course. A somewhat retro bag for this one with 10yrs old + clubs.

I started solidly, but it was a real grind for the most part. My ball striking was a bit mixed, and I was pulling my irons hard right more often than not. It was mainly my putting that was keeping me in it. Eventually I twigged that I was focusing on the club face and not the ball. Once I addressed that, I started to hit the ball were I was aiming it!

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5* with Aldila NV 65 Stiff
    Fairway: TM V Steel 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 18*
    Irons: Ping i5 4 - PW
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 CS CB 38"

I struggled a little with the 905R for the reason mentioned above. I was losing them slightly left more often than not. It had me puzzled, as I hit it well in the practice outing earlier in the week. Once I moved my focus back to the ball, I started hitting the lines and shot shape I was setting up for.

The V Steel was super solid. I haven't given it much of a run before and was pleasantly surprised how well I hit it.

My striking on the i5s was actually pretty solid, but they were mostly going hard right early on!

I putted solidly for the most part for 29 putts, but got robbed a few times due to tiny stones on a few of the greens. Hard to see without checking out the line completely before the putt, but big enough to kick the ball totally off line.

Don't poo-poo the 10-year-old bags, Dave. V-steels and Bafflers are timeless!

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Don't poo-poo the 10-year-old bags, Dave. V-steels and Bafflers are timeless!
    No dishing intended Henno, I just hadn't been wowed by the V Steel in its previous outings. I actually have a back up set of the Baffler Pros, still in the original plastic. And I have matching V Steel 5 wood in the collection as well.

No dishing intended Henno, I just hadn't been wowed by the V Steel in its previous outings. I actually have a back up set of the Baffler Pros, still in the original plastic. And I have matching V Steel 5 wood in the collection as well.
    A man after my own heart. I also have backup Baffler Pros, although not in plastic.

And my V-steel collection extends to the 13° T/S 3w, 15° 3w, 16.5° 4w, and 18° 5w. I just need to find a 21° and 24° to have a full house.

Single Stab yesterday;

Driver: Callaway Razr Xtreme 9.5* with Aldila Trinity 65 Stiff
    Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro 18*
    Irons: Callaway Apex/Apex Pro Combo 4 - PW
    Putter: Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball CS CB 38

Another grinding round for 34pts. We started on the back and I put together a nine of 7 x 5s and 2 x 4s to kick it off with 17 points. You can't get much more consistent than that!

The Razr Xtreme hasn't seen the bag for a few years. It was super solid on a still damp course with little run. It also seemed to be anti right. If I lost it at any stage it was a little leak to the left. The flight is quite low and it bores into the wind with low spin. My drive of the day was one of my longer recent efforts.

The Epic 3 wood was also very good. One of the longer 3 woods in my collection, but very easy to launch off the deck and to hit stingers with in need.

I struggle with the Apex Pros for some reason? They seem very boardy to hit in comparison with the Apex with their SL300S shafts. I have the KBS Tour Vs in other sets and have no problem with them, but they feel extra extra stiff in the Pros?

My short game was a little mixed, as was my putting. The 2 ball was super solid inside 10 feet, but I struggled a bit with the longer ones.

Friday Week ago was our monthly Black Marker. I won't bother writing it up, as the course was a lake after heaps of rain the night before and really should have been closed. None of us made the first green in 3. Couldn't find a non casual water spot, could not launch anything out of the water and absolutely no bounce when it landed! It was a joke actually.

I didn't bother playing the next day (Saturday) as it would not have been materially better (confirmed by those that got duped into playing it).

So my first dryish round was last Wednesday for a single stab;

Driver: Ping G30 ST Tec 12*with Ping Tour Stiff
    Fairway: Cleveland Classic XL 16.5* 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro 20*
    Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4 - PW
    Putter: SC Golo 5 Dual Balance CB 38"

I started solidly and ground out 19 points on the front. I was looking OK for a while on the back, but stumbled a little on the way home for 17 points and a 36 point total.

The SF Tec was super solid. Last Friday I had learnt that low launch, low spin drivers and a wet course were not a good mix. With little to no run, I was able to launch the Ping, fly the ball further and leave myself in good position for my 2nd most of the day.

The higher loft on the Cleveland 3 wood helped, but the very closed face did not!

The 716s are new and performed very well. I am still getting used to the feel of these. They seem to be a touch harsher off the face than my other AP2s. I can't argue with my stats though, with above average GIRs.

My putting was solid without going to the next level. The Golo is also an new acquisition and a putter that has been on my wish list for a while. It is already set up to my specs, so it was an easy transition putting it into play.

My last round was last Saturday for another Single stab;

Driver: Wilson Triton 10.5* with MR Fubuki Z50 Stiff
    Fairway: Srixon Z 65 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Adams Tour Proto Gold 18*
    Irons: Tourstage 701 X Blades 4 - PW
    Putter: SC Squareback No1 CB 38"

The course was still a bit damp after further rain, with similar conditions to Wednesday. I started very solidly, and then lit the afterburners with 3 successive birdies to get through the first 6 in one under. Then the wobbles started. I lost my drive left into the hazard, but still managed to make a scrambling bogey. The wayward drive threw me, I had been driving this hole super well for weeks, and my confidence was dented a bit.

I struggled with the Driver for a while after that, till I worked out I was trying to force it with shots that did not suit its characteristics. The Triton looks very distinctive and the closed face can do your head in, if you let it. I had even closed it further to crank up the loft for the wet conditions. But that wasn't my issue. I managed to get past the closed face. But this driver is very anti right for me and I was trying to hit draws with it the conventional way. The more I tried to draw it that way, the more I was fading it the other way! I eventually sorted it and started hitting the ball were I wanted to again, but the damage was done. After 20 points on the front I could only manage 15 on the back for a 35 point total.

The Z 65 went very well, I was getting really good launch and distance with it.

My GIR stats were also very good, well above average, and included a NTP. The more I play the Tourstage irons, the more I am liking them.

Again my putting was mostly solid, without rising to the next level. I was a lot better on the front than I was on the back nine though! It is amazing how a little confidence can fire you at times.
    Last edited by Daves; 17th July 2018 at 04:52 PM.

Our Monthly Mug stroke event yesterday;

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics E9 10.5* with PL Blue Reg
    Fairway: Srixon Z-355 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 19*
    Irons: King cobra S3 Pro Combo 4 - PW
    Putter: Never Compromise Sub 30 Mallet CB 38

It was another grinding round. I started poorly with a hook off the first tee, then slowly retrieved the situation,but never really got in front. I did not make a putt of any length all day. Ended up with other NTP on 4 and just got pipped for the Pros Approach on 7. End result was a net 74.

I was hitting the E9 pretty well for the most part, but never really got completely comfortable with it for some reason. I like the club, but need to work on how I use it I think. When it hit it well it was very solid and longish.

The Z-355 went very well, and felt very similar to the Z-65 I used last round.

It took me a couple of shots to get comfortable with the XCG7, but once I had its measure, it went very well.

Love the S3 Pro combos. I hit them reasonably well yesterday for other above average GIR stat. Not my best striking but pretty solid for the most part.

As mentioned, I made nothing with the flat stick. Lot of lipouts and tap in 2nds (16 x 2, 2 x 1 for 34 putts).

We played a 4BBB Stroke event yesterday and finished with a nett 63. I scored on all holes and finished with 82/70. I made some of my best FIR and GIR stats for a while, but 34 putts spoilt what could have been a very good round.

Driver: j Beam FX BM 435 10* with Crazy YZ Yamzaki SR
    Fairway: Cleveland CG Black 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Adams Red 18*
    Irons: Adams XTD Forged 4 - PW
    Putter: Seemore Si3 CB 37"

I was on fire with the jBeam and it going where I aimed it and loong. Only some too quick swings late in proceedings spoilt an otherwise top driving round.

I also hit the CG Black and Adams Red very well. I have just about worked out how to move the ball both ways reliably again, and that has added to my scoring ability.

I was smashing the XTD forgeds and they were going pretty much where I aimed them. They feel great off the face and looked pretty smick as well .

I thought I putted well with the Si3, but made nothing. Which was ironic, because in a practice round on Friday with the same putter, I had 19 putts for 18 holes!

Shot of the day was on the 3rd last hole (our 7th). I swung too quick with driver and ended up blocked out behind a tree. I hit a punch shot to the left of the green. But it hit the cart path 3 times and I end up in the middle of the 8th, 75 metres from the green centre, in a heap of wire weed. I hit GW in and put it to 2 feet, leaving a kick in putt for par! Gotta love these game!

A single Stab yesterday. I was hoping to build on the base of my last round's consistency. I started poorly, but finished very solidly with 14/21 for 35 points total.

Driver: Srixon Z-355 10.5* with Miyazaki Kusula Tour Blue Stiff
    Fairway: Srixon Z-355 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Srixon Z-355 19*
    Irons: Cleveland 588 CB 4 - PW

The Srixon Z-355 Driver was very anti right for me yesterday. It took me a while to adjust to this as my natural shot is a draw, but it didn't want to turn L to R at all for me. Once I adjusted, it was very easy to put drives into play and very friendly to use.

The Z-355 3 wood and Hybrid were also very friendly and I quite enjoyed using them.

My striking was a bit mixed with the 588 CBs. I am not sure why though? I hit some very accurate shots with them. But at other times I hit big pulls and just did not feel comfortable standing over them. I have a sneaking suspicion they (or some of them at least) might be touch too upright. It felt like the heel was catching the ground at times, which would explain the pulls, I guess. Having said that I hit plenty of greens, so it isn't a huge issue.

It was nice to make some putts after a few barren rounds on that front. 2 birds on the back nine and some good second putts helped. I just have to remember to grip well down on this set up. If I grip it too high, I seem lose my distance feel to an extent.

Yesterday was an interesting learning experience on the mental front. I was playing with 3 choppers, which in itself isn't unusual. But yesterday at least 2 of them were stinking it up big time every hole, and we seemed to be moving very slowly (not that the field was moving away from us). I found it really hard to maintain my own tempo after having to wait what seemed like ages to hit my next shot. It wasn't unusual yesterday for one of the guys to take 3 or 4 shots before it was my turn again. I managed to herd them through and keep play moving as much as possible, but it is hard to not rush yourself when you finally get to play your shot.

Driver: Cobra ZL Encore 10.5* with PL Blue Reg
    Fairway: Cobra LD F Speed 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler WS 20*
    Irons: Cobra Fly Z 4 - PW
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 CS CB 38"

Last Friday's round was the Wynnum Plate. I started well, making plenty of up and downs. But eventually the course set up caught up to us all. Every Pin was tucked near an edge, and more often than not close to a false front/side/back. 3 putts were the order of the day. I actually hit more than my average number of greens, but middle of the green meant nothing with these pins!

The Encore went quite well. I was slapping it a bit on the front nine, but it was ending up middle of the fairway more often than not. I got a few good ones away on the back nine and distance was fairly solid. These older drivers still feel good and are very easy to hit well.

As mentioned I hit above my average number of greens. The Fly Zs continue to be one of my favored sets. They are a little pumped, but still very workable and they feel great off the face.

I putted well for a while, but the green eventually got me.

Every Pin was tucked near an edge, and more often than not close to a false front/side/back. 3 putts were the order of the day. I actually hit more than my average number of greens, but middle of the green meant nothing with these pins!
    They left those pin locations for the Saturday comp, albeit with the tees forward to their normal sports rather than the tips.

Even knowing how they were on 8 and 9 and 11, it was still so difficult. I even warned my group and a couple putted up and back off the green on 8.

My next recorded round was yesterday, a single stab. I ground out a score for a long time, but stumbled over the last few holes for 32 points.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5* with Nunchuk
    Fairway: Titleist 910 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 913 Hd
    Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4 - PW
    Putter: SC Kombi

The 913 was pretty solid. I set it up +1.5* and Upright and I was able to get good flight most of the time. I did struggle with my Tempo at times in the slow going though. I don't do waiting on tees to hit very well at all! And why are players never ready to play when it is their turn?!

My iron play also suffered the poor tempo effect at times and I wasn't at my best. I still hit a good number of greens, but wasn't close enough, often enough, to do anything with it.

My short game kept me in it for the most part. But even that struggled a little towards the end. My putting was solid for the most part, but I still ended up with 32 putts for the day.

Three very poor rounds of golf to (briefly) report.

Last Friday was our last Black Marker event. I was getting off the tees very well, but then topping/hacking my 2nds into trouble more often than not. My front nine was horrible. I did recover a bit coming home, but had much too much to do.

Driver: Ping G LS Tec 10.5* with Alta Blue Reg
    Fairway: Ping G Series SF Tec 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Ping G30 19*
    Irons: Ping E1 4 - PW
    Putter: Ping Ketsch Straight Arc CB 38"

The LS Tec was its usual reliable self. I only missed a couple of fairways, the Driver was definitely not my problem!

My middle game just was not working though.

My putting was OK for the most part, but not good enough to overcome my poor wood/iron game.

Saturday's round was our monthly medal, over the same course set up.

Driver: Srixon Z765 with Miyazaki Mizore Tour 6 Stiff
    Fairway: Srixon ZF65 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Srixon ZH65 19*
    Irons: Cleveland 588TT Z 4 - PW
    Putter: TM Spider Mallet 74 CS CB 38"

It was more of the same. I drove it well, but could not get the ball to the green consistently. My stats were very similar, only my putting and short game improved. But the end score was the same.

The Z765 was very solid. Only 2 FIRs missed.

The ZH65 was new arrival to complete the set. But I did not do it justice with my dodgy swing.

I scramble harder and putted well, but could not drag back my poor middle game.

Wednesday was a standard Stab event and I was hoping to get back some form. But score wise it was more of the same.

Driver: Bobby Jones Jess Ortiz 10.5* With Miyazaki c Kuo Tour 43 X Flex
    Fairway: Mutant Golf lil' Kra-Z Hybrid 16*
    Hybrid: Mutant Golf lil' Kra-Z Hybrid 19*
    Irons: Titleist 712 AP1 4 - PW
    Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi CO-5 35"

My striking was a lot better, but I had the pulls, real bad! And unfortunately that extended to the Driver, so I wasn't even hitting fairways much of the time. My left hip was not being co-operative and my alignment was not great.

The only positive was my putting which was super solid.

Driver: Callaway BB Alpha 815 10.5* with Fubuki ZT 60 Reg
    Fairway: Callaway XR 3 wood
    Hybrid: Adams A12 Pro 18*
    Irons: Titleist 714 AP1 4 - PW
    Wedges: Yururi Tour 53* & 57* AP1 48*
    Putter: Carbite ZG Mallet

Saturday's round was a single stab. I held it together for the most part, but faded slightly towards the end trying to recover our fourball match. You can't beat shots!

The 815 was super solid and reconfirmed its favored status. I was fighting a wonky hip and a case of the pulls. I was able to adjust my set up and aim to bang my drives up the left hand side for the most part.

The AP1s are new arrivals and performed very well on their first outing.

I putted OK, but basically made nothing of any distance. A couple of poor rushed putts late in the round spoiled the stats a bit.

Yesterday's round was another Stab.

Driver: Callaway BB Alpha 816 DBD 9* with PL Red Stiff
    Fairway: Callaway XR Steelhead 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Callaway Apex 18*
    Irons: Callaway 2013 X Forged 4 - PW
    Putter: SC Kombi

Like its sister, the 816 DBD was super solid. The lower loft helped a little in the windy conditions. I was launching it real low, and it was running out long for me. 2 bad drive swings cost me, otherwise I was playing from the middle most of the day.

I was hitting the X forged well, but I was striking them slightly low on the face, and they were coming out a little low and a little hot. Helpful at times in the wind, but I ran through past my target too many times. I was trying a slight change ( a forward press) to my take away action, my contact was overall better, and I was not hitting the dread pulls of last week. Perhaps it would have been better if I had practiced the change first!

Again I putted solidly without making anything. My higher GIR number left me in 2/3 putt territory more often than not. A few wicked pin locations didn't help. Our Super is an A hole!

Saturday's round started well, but then got a bit choppy! I was striking the ball OK, but my direction was a little off at times and it cost me. 15 points on the front with 2 wipes. The back nine started slowly, but then I started getting my aim on line and I parred the last 6 holes home for 22 points

Driver: Dunlop TAO 11* with Project X PXv Reg
    Fairway: Adams Insight XTD Pro 14.5*
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Tech A4 Boxer 19*
    Irons: Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 AP1 4 - PW

The TAO went very well. Only my second round with it and I am liking it more, the more I use it. It is low launch, low spin for me and very straight. The head looks sweet at address and I love deep faced drivers. Distance was very solid as well. I wasn't trying to hit it long, just straight, but even into the wind I was getting extra yards.

It has been a while since I last bagged the Exotics. They went well for the most part. As mentioned, I was striking them well, but not always getting my aim right early. They have a thickish top line, but you can't see the cavity back at address. Lots of sole plate as well to give you good ground interaction. I had one hiccup. Hitting a 4i into a green, the shaft made a funny sound and the ball squirted off low and left. No, it was a Hilary!. It sounded like the shaft extension had given way, but a check later found it totally intact. The grip was loose around the top couple of inches though. So I redid the tape to take up the slack and hopefully fix the problem.

My short game was very solid, and I putted pretty well on fast and bumpy greens. The Dual Balance is moving towards the top of my list of favored putters.

Last Wednesday's round turned into a real grind. A sole 3 pointer was as good as it got, but I just kept grinding out the 2 pointers and the odd 1, plus a wipe for 30 points (15/15), consistent mediocrity!

Driver: TM Jetspeed 10.5* with ADDI 7x
    Fairway: Cleveland Launcher 3 wood
    Hybrid: TM RBZ 19*
    Irons: Ping S56 4 - PW
    Putter: Nike Method Matter M5 -10

The Jetspeed has been sitting, overlooked, at the back of the rack for a long time. I was actually going to go with another driver originally, but the Jettie made it in the practice bag and performed well, so got the call up. But I struggled a little with it on the day. As it turned out it was my swing that was the problem (see following reports). It did launch low and ran a mile when I hit it well.

THE RBZ 19* went well also, but I developed a case of the pulls through the bag and that spoiled otherwise good strikes.

The S56s went OK, but they had too much to do, too often.

The Method was pretty solid, about the only part of my game that was. Only 28 putts on the day, though that was partly because of the low number of GIRs. I like this putter a lot, it feels and looks a lot like a Golo, but at a much cheaper entry price. Its only downside is the counter balance grip means there is nowhere to screw my Game Golf Putter tag into.

Back out again at Wynnum on Friday for the Plate Black Marker;

Driver: Titleist 917 D2 10.5* with Aldila Rogue 60 Stiff
    Fairway: Titleist 915F 3 wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 913Hd 18*
    Irons: Titleist 714 AP1 4 - PW
    Putter: SC Kombi S

This started as another grind, but slowly went downhill as I just could not swing it at all consistently. I somehow managed to kept it to a net 78, which wasn't all that bad a score on the day, it could have been much worse!

The 917 D2 was a new arrival and I was really looking forward to using it. But my swing was horrible for the most part, and I never really got it out of the middle all day.

Ditto the F and Hd. I was hitting them on the head most of the time, and if not, I had no clue where they were going.

Th AP1s saved me to a degree, Again I did not do them justice, but they were friendly enough to get me out of trouble quite a few times after poor tee shots, and 2nd shots.

The Kombi S was my other saviour. I didn't make a lot, but I putted pretty solid for the most part.

Back out again yesterday for a single stab. The forecast was for rain, and it rained all morning at home. But the course was stone dry, and it never looked like raining during the round. I was hoping to recover my swing in this round and get back to some more positive golf. I had (finally) worked out what I was doing wrong towards the end of Friday's round, but it was going to take some work to fix it. A practice round before hand would have helped immensely! Basically, in trying to fix/control my strike because of my hip (inconsistent turn) problems, I had stiffened my arms and muffled most of my wrist coc* action in the take away. This put the club head into unfamiliar positions in the backswing, and meant my body was way too active in the swing to compensate. It took me a while to get some consistency and direction back, but my striking improved right away. In the end I put together 36 points (16/20) and got better as the round went on.

Driver: Alpha RX400 10.5* with Alpha Platinum Reg
    Fairway: Titliest 915F 3 wood
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Gold Proto 18*
    Irons: Adams CB3 with Matrix Program 8.1Reg 4 - PW
    Putter: Yes Natalie CS 38"

2nd time out for the Alpha and it continues to impress greatly, This is a seriously easy to hit driver that looks incredible at address, and seems to have the deepest face ever!, which I love. And it is sneaky long as well. And very forgiving across the face, which is a bit unusual for a deep faced driver. I missed only 2 fairways all day by the barest margins, and was never in trouble off the tee with it.

The 915F only got one run, but contrary to Friday's experience I actually smacked it and it felt real goood!

The CB3s were very good. MY GIR stats where above average, but could have been even better. I struggled for a while to get my control back and had quite a few close misses, only a foot or 2 off the green proper. The back nine striking was better, and I went on a solid run of GIRs on the 2nd nine that had been sorely missing from my game recently.

I love putting with the Natalie. It is so basic in design in some ways, but is pure off the face and the alignment is spot on. I made very little on the day and left a heap in the jaws, but I was still quite happy with my putting overall. I never looked like making a 3 putt all day.

Yesterday was my only golf round this week. I started solidly, but again had trouble get to the next level. A weak finish saw me end with 18/16 for 34 points.

Driver: Titleist 917 D2 10.5* with Prolaunch Blue Reg
    Fairway: Titleist 913F 3 wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19*
    Irons: TM Rsi2 with Matrix Program F15 4 - PW
    Putter: TM Spider Ghost

The first outing at Wynnum with the 917 D2 was disappointing, but that was all due to my poor swing on the day. I sort of worked out my problem towards the end, so yesterday was the first true test. And it worked pretty well for me. I drifted off towards the end but for most of the day I was hitting it extra well. I was actually launching it pretty low, and it was going long. Pretty much a perfect ball flight in the gusty Westerlies conditions.

I hadn't really warmed to the 816 in previous outings, but I was hitting it much better yesterday.

I was striking the Rsi 2s pretty well, but actually didn't hit a lot of greens in Reg. But my misses were mostly only just off the putting surface. That was partly conditions, partly luck ( or lack there of) and perhaps a touch of not having full confidence in my swing. I like the Programs shaft range a lot. The F15s are a lighter looking, thinner shaft design, but they feel just as good as the other programs I have.

My putting was solid but I didn't make much of any distance on the day. My short game was the best part of my game. I made 3/3 sand saves and hit 3 chips to inside a foot.

Thread Information