Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Only with the 3 wood.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Tomorrow's bag selection for the Black Marker Challenge;

Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS 11.5* with NVS K Reg
    3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher
    Hybrids: Cobra Baffler Pro 18* & 20*
    Irons: TM CB TPs 4 -9i
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX 46*, Yururi 53* & 61*
    Putter: SC Kombi"
    This ended up a pretty average round that sort of drifted away on the back 9, especially after an assisted double bogey on the 14th, that included a 2 shot penalty for hitting the wrong ball!

I seemed to be playing catch up for too long, and tried to force the scoring a tad too much.

I didn't record it, as it wasn't an individual round, but played a 4ball yesterday and I was on fire early. We started on the back nine and I went around in par for 24 points (26 for the best ball). I couldn't keep it going on the way home and finished with 36 points, 46 the best ball. This was the first run for the Ping G30, and I only missed one fairway all day with it. Just goes to show what an accurate driver can do for you, if the rest of your game is going OK.

At least you didn'thave an air swing. If you have a air swing and then realise it's not your ball does that count as two shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    At least you didn'thave an air swing. If you have a air swing and then realise it's not your ball does that count as two shots?
    Yep.

Today's bag selection;

Driver: Ping G30 SF Tec with PL Blue Reg
    3 Wood: Cleveland Classic XL
    Hybrids: SLDR 17.5*, SLDR TP 19*
    Irons: Ping S56 4 -9i
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 CS 36"

Today's bag selection;

Driver: Ping G30 SF Tec with PL Blue Reg
    Hybrids: SLDR 17.5*, SLDR TP 19*
    Irons: Ping S56 4 -9i
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 CS 36"
    Reasonably solid golf on Wednesday for 36 points, though I leaked a few over the closing holes. Now only 0.2 away from my lowest ever GA, and confident I can go lower over coming weeks.

The G30 with the PL Blue seemed to be longer than it was with the NVS shaft. Interesting, as the NVS is the longer shaft in the Adams Fast 12 LS. It continues to be a fairway finder, though I missed a few trying to do to much with it. Whether is was familiarity?, or the shaft?, I don't know, but I seemed to be able to work it a bit more this time. Game Golf Stats back up the extra length this round, though it is still well short of the Fast 12 LS averages.

The Cleveland Launcher is a beauty for me, off the tee, or off the deck, I just have complete confidence in it.

I did a fine tune of the back weighting on the S56s, and that seemed to improve the feel a bit. I hit some good shots with them, and they seem to be easy to find the middle most of the time. I suspect I score slightly better with the i series Pings, but there isn't a lot in it. All the Pings in the collection are amongst my preferred irons sets.

I hit some some really solid shots with the Wedges, and remain very confident using them.

I lengthened the original Stacey 12 out to 36" and it seems to be just as easy to use, and perhaps a touch more comfortable at address. This model is fast becoming one of my favorite putters. I am averaging sub 30 putts per rounds with it so far.

Did you stick to using just your ball this round?

Did you stick to using just your ball this round?
    Yep, amazing how much easier it is when you don't play with the ****less!

Memorial Day today. Back tees and silly pins, plus winds and rain by the looks! Should be fun!

Bag selection as follows;

Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS 11.5* with PL Red Reg
    Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro 16*, Callaway BB 20*
    Irons: Ping i15s 4 -9i
    Putter: Odyssey Versa #7 35"

Monthly Mug today. It will be the same tees and pins (and holes unfortunately!) as yesterday (write up to come).

Today's selection;

Driver: Ping G30 SF Tec 12*with PL Red Reg
    Hybrids: TM SLDR 17.5*, TP 19*
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4 -9i
    Putter: SC Kombi 35"

Memorial Day today. Back tees and silly pins, plus winds and rain by the looks! Should be fun!

Bag selection as follows;

Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS 11.5* with PL Red Reg
    Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro 16*, Callaway BB 20*
    Irons: Ping i15s 4 -9i
    Putter: Odyssey Versa #7 35"
    Another round that could have been, but leaked away with a double and a triple through carelessness. Finished with an 83/74.

The Fast 12 LS/PL Red combo was sensational, I only missed one fairway all day, a big pull right on the 17th that went 244m, trying to hit one a little further!. Average distance was very solid, right up there in the top few Drivers for me according to Game Golf, and it was consistently long.

I struggled with the Hybrid selection this round. Hybrids are usually one of my better clubs, but I was off slightly this day and really didn't hit shots to remember.

The Pings were typically very reliable, and my greens hit and close misses count was very high. I made lots of U & Ds as a result. Shot of the day was an 8i through a very small gap in trees to 4 feet for Birdie on the 9th. It involved hitting a high cut, starting it out over the water and greenside pot bunker, landing on very small landing area, and spinning hard left away from the false side. I think confidence in the Pings helped me execute this shot.

I like the Versa # 7 a lot, but I seemed to struggle with distance control on the longer putts in this round. Not sure why?, though the greens were noticeably slow on the day. I am suspecting that it is swinging a touch light, so I might add some weight, or add a bit of length to heft it up a bit.

Monthly Mug today. It will be the same tees and pins (and holes unfortunately!) as yesterday (write up to come).

Today's selection;

Driver: Ping G30 SF Tec 12*with PL Red Reg
    Hybrids: TM SLDR 17.5*, TP 19*
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4 -9i
    Putter: SC Kombi 35"
    Another Back Marker round that started really well, but slipped away, .... sigh! I went through the front nine in 2 over, and that was without any luck at all!

The G30/PL Red combo was going OK, but I was struggling to aim it a touch. That closed face had me a little unsure. My typical set up is to hit a little draw, so my aim is down the left. The 1st driver went well, a moderate draw that finished right fairway. I pulled the 2nd into the tree line right, but managed to make par with a good wedge U & D. The 3rd saw a push left that hit a tree and finished well short, ending in a bogey. And so it continued, lots of good drives, but mixed with pushes that cost me shots. The G30 with PL Red combo is reasonably long. Game Golf had it behind the Fast 12 LS, but still above average. That may be due to the higher number of missed fairways?, but the distance dispersion is very tight for the majority of drives recorded. The PL Blue was longer according to the stats, but not as consistently long. I feel I have a touch more control at impact with the stiffer tipped Red, but there isn't lot in it.

I put the TM SLDR Hybrids back in the bag, and my striking was much better. It will be interesting to see how I go with different Hybrids next week.

The Callaway Apexs are another very reliable iron, quite comparable to the Pings I find. Again lots of Greens hit and or near misses that were turned into U & Ds. And the results would have been better again, if I had missed less fairways!.

The Kombi seems to give me better distance control on our slowish greens, and is usually very reliable close in. I didn't miss anything I shouldn't have, but my lip out stats are starting to climb, Bumpy greens don't help, but I think a bit of fine tune practice is needed to just tighten it up a little .

Those Ping G30 SF Tec drivers are made for dumbo's who can't swing properly and slice everything. Your much better than that!

Those Ping G30 SF Tec drivers are made for dumbo's who can't swing properly and slice everything. Your much better than that!
    Lucky I haven't got one

Senior Member Major Winner

*you're
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Your right, you got me again.

And that has what to do with what? I can play with anything just about, expect those stupid Nike Covert 2 Tours. Now there is a slice machine!

Senior Member Major Winner

*write
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Yet another Back Marker tomorrow, with the Monthly Mug on. Bag selections as follows;

Driver: Mizuno JPX 850 with Prolaunch Blue Reg
    3 Wood: Adams Insight XTD Pro 14.5*
    Hybrids: Adams 9031 Super Hybrid 18*, Cleveland Classic 20.5*, Adams A4 22*
    Irons: Adams A4s 5i - 9i
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 36"

Yet another Back Marker tomorrow, with the Monthly Mug on. Bag selections as follows;

Driver: Mizuno JPX 850 with Prolaunch Blue Reg
    3 Wood: Adams Insight XTD Pro 14.5*
    Hybrids: Adams 9031 Super Hybrid 18*, Cleveland Classic 20.5*, Adams A4 22*
    Irons: Adams A4s 5i - 9i
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 36"
    A round of extremes that I managed to bring home in the end. I started very solidly, 1 over through 3 and 2/3 GIR. Then a stupid triple, after a long wait on the tee. I then settled the ship somewhat, and made it through the nine at 7 over. Another stumble with a ball in the water on 10 for a double, then settled it again to bring it home with 7 pars and a bogey, parring the last 6 in a row for 82/72.

The JPX was an absolute fairway finder, I only missed one all day (poor swing after another tee wait), and very workable. Not super long, but very consistent length, and very tight dispersion. It basically went where I aimed it! Looking at my game golf stats, it was not quite as long as it was with the Speeder shaft, but it was certainly more accurate and much tighter on accuracy. It will be interesting to see how the speeder goes next time, as I think I learnt a few things about how to swing it best during this round. In theory the speeder should be even tighter on dispersion with the same swing! This head is super low spin, and it launches really low! I have it set on 11.5*, and it barely gets above 30 feet in flight!

I built the 9031 Super 18* a while ago, after picking up the head cheap, but had not got around to hitting it. Sweet stick! I hit some really nice shots with it. Shaft is a Matrix Kujoh in stiff. I have ordered a 20* to go with it!

The A4s are very sweet irons and with the back weighted build, they feel great to swing. A very nice forged feel, with plenty of cavity and big sole help, but still look the business at address! Can't ask for more! Managed 8/18 GIR

My wedge game was pretty good, a little bit of focused practice before hand seems to tighten up my striking. Some good up and downs made, plus very solid tap in bogeys rounded out what a very solid round for 16 of the 18 holes.

Today's bag selection;

Driver: Adams Super LS with Kuro Kage Reg
    3 Wood: Adams Super S 15*
    Hybrids: Adams 9031 Super Hybrid 18*, Cobra S2 Max 20*
    Irons: Cobra Bio Cell + 4i - 9i
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 35"

Today's bag selection;

Driver: Adams Super LS with Kuro Kage Reg
    Irons: Cobra Bio Cell + 4i - 9i
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 35"
    A below average sort of round yesterday. Never quite got it going.

The Super LS arrived Thursday, I re-gripped it and it went straight into the bag. I like the feel of it a lot, and it was generally pretty good to use. I found I could shape it both ways a bit easier than most, and it is fairly forgiving. I hit plenty of fairways, and the few I missed were either bad swings, or bad luck/bad planning. It was also reasonably long, but it is still behind the fast 12 LS for getting those last few metres. I have a non LS version of this club as well, I will be interested to see how it goes in comparison.

I only hit one shot with the Super S 3 Wood. I got a good result and it felt good, but needs more time in the bag to get a real feel for it.

The 9031 Super Hybrid is working very well for me, it is quite long, and very straight. It also launches very low for me, which seems to give it extra distance. I have a set of the Black Pro versions of this club, which will get a run soon!

The S3 Max is a huge head, and it is really forgiving. I can hit it high, or low, as needed.

The Bio Cells + are a good looking club, but I am finding them a bit hit or miss for me. I am suspecting it is in the build. I bought these new and lengthened them as normal, but they were one of my early back weighting attempts. I redid the back weighting this week to get a more progressive SW build, more in line with the MOI method. This seemed to improve some irons more than others. It may have just been my swing on the day?, more time in the bag might tell. And hopefully I will have an MOI Machine sooner, rather than later! to fine tune my iron builds.

In line with my average striking on the day with the other clubs, I was mis-hitting my Wedges a touch, particularly the PW. I was hitting pully draws/hooks and missing target long and right.I think it is a set up issue, but time will tell.
    Last edited by Daves; 18th October 2015 at 08:31 PM.

Reddie Bay is being renovated, so off to Carbrook tomorrow. Bag selection as follows;

Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with NVS K Reg
    Irons: Adams XTD Forged 4i - 9i
    Putter: TM Ghost Spider 35"

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

What time dave, I am playing at 620
    G/L

Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    What time dave, I am playing at 620
    10.50am. Will probably see you finish, before we tee off.

Thread Information