Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Time to rotate the wedges and putter, or is this a fake lotto?????
    The Putter does get rotated occasionally, the Wedge less so. I need to get some more JDM Wedges! My core theory is the short game will cover most shortcomings elsewhere in the bag, and take away some of the anguish. Though I think if I was willing to spend a bit of time practicing with other wedges and putters it/they would become less of a crutch.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    The actual lotto part hasn't started yet. We haven't quite reached the required 80 combinations.

A serious question for you, Daves. Having looked out my window today and seen a fairly strong breeze blowing, do you take weather conditions into account when making your assessments. Have you got to the point where you can pick combos for windy conditions, calm conditions, firm conditions v soft conditions?
    I try not to Jim, I find I can flight most clubs to suit the conditions. But if the conditions are bad enough, I might take a little bit of extra comfort by ensuring my go to clubs are in the bag to cover up "problems" elsewhere in the bag. e.g. If the Driver hasn't been hit before, I like to have a fav #1 Hybrid in bag as back up in case.

Tomorrow's bag;

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 9.5 with AD DI 7x
    Hybrids: Titleist 910H #1 & #2, Wilson Staff #4
    Irons: Ping i15
    Wedges: Yururi 53* & 61*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Tomorrow's bag;

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 9.5 with AD DI 7x
    Hybrids: Titleist 910H #1 & #2, Wilson Staff #4
    Irons: Ping i15
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi.
    Mixed bag with the Driver, hit some great drives and a few pushes. I blame the swing, not the club though. I was somewhat patchy through the bag. This combo is one of my longer Drivers, just seems to get out there nearer my max more often than not.

The i15s, now back/counter balanced felt better. These things as just so forgiving, it is hard to hit a really bad shot with them.

Today's bag;

Driver: TM AeroBurner 10.5* with PL Red S. Head arrived Wed, glued up Thursday.
    Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro #1, TM AeroBurner #3, Wilson Staff #4
    Irons: Titleist 710 CBs with 105Ts
    Wedges: Yururi 53* and 61*
    Putter: TM Spider S

Senior Member Major Winner

Can't remember if you've had a Jetspeed in the rotation or not and too many posts to read them all.
    Interested how the AeroBurner compares against it?
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by HatchmanSS76 View Post
    Can't remember if you've had a Jetspeed in the rotation or not and too many posts to read them all.
    Interested how the AeroBurner compares against it?
    Hi Hatchy,

yes, I have a Jetty in the collection. I haven't swung it in yonks, and it hasn't made it into a rotation as yet. I will promote it just for you.

The Aero is very forgiving I found, and quite anti hook i.e. fade biased. Seems fairly consistently long as well. Higher launch, but still relatively low spin. I like the look of it, reminds me of the Superfast at address.

Today's bag;

Driver: TM AeroBurner 10.5* with PL Red S. Head arrived Wed, glued up Thursday.
    Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro #1, TM AeroBurner #3, Wilson Staff #4
    Irons: Titleist 710 CBs with 105Ts
    Wedges: Yururi 53* and 61*
    The AeroBurner went OK, not great, but not bad. As mentioned, it is fade biased and pretty forgiving. I hit a couple of really good drives with it, a few so so, and one bad one, last of the day (cost me a triple for a net 73). I didn't find it greatly workable (the trade off of forgiveness) but you could bunt it around with low cuts quite easily I reckon. I managed a couple of baby draws, but it was tough to get it moving that way.

The 710 CBs (with NS 105Ts) were great. I have not used this set for a while, it won't be that long between rotations next time! They felt pure, and I was able to work shots easily. And hardly missed the middle all day. The only "fault" I could raise was I hit a couple of flushed shots long.

A switch of putters worked a treat, and I canned a lot of putts in this round for a 26 putt round.

Tomorrow's round bag;

Driver: Wishon 915CFE
    Hybrids: Adams a12 Pros #1,#2 & #3
    Irons: Ping i20s. Heads arrived yesterday, glued in shafts, and backed weighted them this afternoon!

Banned

This is a cool thread but looks like it's on a break. Anymore additions to this Daves? Are the photos on here really of your collection? Is it really not all of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    This is a cool thread but looks like it's on a break. Anymore additions to this Daves? Are the photos on here really of your collection? Is it really not all of it?
    I am having a small posting break due to injury. I have developed some neck and shoulder problems from degeneration and arthritis, and this has also caused some referred Tendonitis pain, all of which meant my swing went to poo. I am still rotating clubs through the bag when I play, but I am struggling to break 90 at present, and it has little to do with the clubs. I am gradually getting better with regular Physio sessions, and will hopefully start to play some decent golf soon, when I will post again.

I have a real back log of clubs yet to be tested, with more incoming! The photos reflect a small part of the collection. I was in GCO the other day and I reckon I had them covered several times over on Lefty stock! There are also several cupboards and drawers full of ancilliary gear and components, plus a 6 metre work bench.

Banned

I am having a small posting break due to injury. I have developed some neck and shoulder problems from degeneration and arthritis, and this has also caused some referred Tendonitis pain, all of which meant my swing went to poo. I am still rotating clubs through the bag when I play, but I am struggling to break 90 at present, and it has little to do with the clubs. I am gradually getting better with regular Physio sessions, and will hopefully start to play some decent golf soon, when I will post again.

I have a real back log of clubs yet to be tested, with more incoming! The photos reflect a small part of the collection. I was in GCO the other day and I reckon I had them covered several times over on Lefty stock! There are also several cupboards and drawers full of ancilliary gear and components, plus a 6 metre work bench.
    Wow, that's an amazing amount of gear.

I've been plagued myself with back and neck injuries over the last 6 months give or take, so I know how you feel. Good luck getting through them and back to hitting them well. Look forward to hearing more about the bag lotto when you're all good again.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Pictures Dave!
    Titleist Jap Staff Bag,
    SLDR 8*, GD BB 7X,
    13* 3 Deep, Aldila Rogue 70X,
    Cobra Biocell+ 14*, Kiyoshi White 75X,
    Cobra BioCell+ 18*, Motore Speeder 98X,
    Titleist 712U 4i, Nippon Modus3 120X,
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro 5-9i, Nippon Modus3 120X,
    Scratch Golf 47*, 53*, 58*, DG X100s
    Scotty Cameron Newport.

I am back! Well at least I can swing a club again with some freedom of moment.

I have been continuing the rotations, but haven't been playing much golf worthy of mention.

Today's bag;

Driver: TM AeroBurner 10.5* with PL Red
    Fairway: Cleveland Launcher 3 wood with Fit on Gold
    Hybrids: Cobra Baffler Pro #2, #3 & #4
    Irons: Cobra Bio Cell + 5-9
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 PW, Yururi Genki 53* & 61*
    Putter: SC Kombi

The Radar is looking a bit ominous though.

What brand snorkel?
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

I am back! Well at least I can swing a club again with some freedom of moment.

I have been continuing the rotations, but haven't been playing much golf worthy of mention.

Today's bag;

Driver: TM AeroBurner 10.5* with PL Red
    Fairway: Cleveland Launcher 3 wood with Fit on Gold
    Hybrids: Cobra Baffler Pro #2, #3 & #4
    Irons: Cobra Bio Cell + 5-9
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 PW, Yururi Genki 53* & 61*

The Radar is looking a bit ominous though.
    Today ended up being Saturday, the Wednesday round was a washout.

The AeroBurner was average, I struggled to get clean contact for some reason, not nearly as good as my first up round with it.

The Cleveland 3W was pretty good, and should get some more bag time soon.

The Bio Cell + irons were OK, I hit some good shots with them, but I struggled a little with the feel. At this stage I am putting that down to the S300 shafts which are probably a touch firm for me. But I tend to be able to adjust to the firmness with a little bag time.

The Yururi Genki wedges are great, except they tend to rip the ball cover apart pretty quickly.

Tomorrow's bag;

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell +
    Hybrids: Cobra Baffler Pro #1, #2, #3 & #4
    Irons: Ping i20s
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 PW (46*), Yururi Genki 53* & 61*

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'm trying to get my i20 together for this weekend
    WITB
    Ping G430 LST 9 @10 - Tensei 1K Black 65S
    Titleist TSi2 16.5* - Tensei 1K Black 75S
    Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei 1K Black 75S
    Ping G400 23.5 - Vista Pro 80 S or Ping i210 4 - Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Ping i210 5-PW - Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 60M -Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Odyssey 7S OG

Tomorrow's bag;

Driver: Cobra Bio Cell +
    Irons: Ping i20s
    The course proved to be pretty wet, and the greens were slow and bumpy, we all struggled in the conditions. It is hard to rate the clubs used in these conditions. The only real learning was the TM putter with insert just doesn't work as well on slow, bump greens. I am not sure if it is the insert, or the loft?? (will check loft when I get a chance). Distance control wasn't there. We all struggled to get the ball to the hole in the conditions.

Bag for Friday's round was as follows;

Driver: Ping i25 with PL Red
    Irons: Ping Eye 2s 5 -9

We encountered much drier conditions for the Black Marker on Friday. I started very slowly, and used more than half of my handicap through the first 4 holes. Then I started playing golf, 1 under through to the turn, and solid on the back nine for a Net 72.

The i25 is super forgiving, though I seemed to find the middle on most drives, so it is super easy to swing as well. Distance was average, but consistency meant the average drive was solid.

The Eye 2s are seriously easy to hit. I was sort of allowing for their weaker lofts in my club selection, but they didn't end up being any shorter than most of my other sets. I will need to check whether they have been strengthened, as they were quite long considering their weak standard lofts.

The Kombi was a much better tool on the slow greens. I don't know if it the loft?, Milled face?, or some other factor (weight?), but distance control was pretty good, and I nailed a few really good putts.

Tomorrow's bag selection;

Driver: 915 D3 with AD DI 7x
    Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro #1, Cobra Baffler Pro #2, #3 & #4
    Irons: Cleveland 588 TT 5 - 9
    Putter: SC Kombi 35"

SA champs winning irons

Serious question..

What loft do you have you putter set to Daves?
    bio cell+ big stick - fly z+ 3W - b'bertha 4h - srickson 545/745
    46-50 RTX, 56-60 md2 - tank cruiser 38" count balance
    delilah smiley driver and MAGNETIC putter cover
    sun mountain bag C130S - clicgear & knob

Quote Originally Posted by Lagerlover View Post
    Serious question..

What loft do you have you putter set to Daves?
    Just standard, not altered. According to the specs the Kombi has 4* of loft, and the TM Spider S is 2.5*.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    SA champs winning irons
    I hope I am worthy!

I doubt it but have a crack anyway

Banned

Nice to see you're back doing your bag lotto Daves. I enjoy reading your updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Nice to see you're back doing your bag lotto Daves. I enjoy reading your updates.
    Thanks Jazz, it is good to be back and able to swing the clubs somewhat normally again.

Tomorrow's bag selection;

Driver: 915 D3 with AD DI 7x
    Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro #1, Cobra Baffler Pro #2, #3 & #4
    Irons: Cleveland 588 TT 5 - 9
    Putter: SC Kombi 35"
    I played a pretty consistent round yesterday for 34 points (37 points won A grade), only a single double bogey late in the round, as the group in front slowed to a crawl and the tee waits lengthened. I didn't hit many greens in Reg, but never got greatly out of position, and made plenty of good up and downs.

Driver: The 7x is one of my favorite shafts in the Tittys. It seems to work better in the 910, but it was solid in the 915 and they mostly came out of the middle. I pulled a few, which is my typical bad swing, but for the most part they were in play.

Irons: It was my first comp round with the 588s. I did play a practice round earlier with them, and tinkered afterwards with the length. The 588s come standard over length and with varying progressions through the lofts. I wasn't sure what length I should alter them to initially, so started with + 1 & 1/2". The shafts are Cleveland's standard counterweighted 85s, so SW doesn't vary greatly with added length, but feel definitely seems to. I ended up trimming the 7 to 4 back by 3/8"or so, and it did seem to make a difference. The middle of face seemed much easier to find. I found I hit them quite long. This would be partly due to the relatively strong lofts, but I also feel there is a bit of "hot face" involved as well. I still haven't quite got the directional aspect right with them, but they are at least generally predicable in their flight. A loft and lie check is in order I think.

Putter: The Kombi is definitely the better putter for me on our greens at the moment. They are bumpy and slowish and the extra loft and non muted face seems to get the ball rolling much better, and length control is much easier. It was noticeable in recent rounds that others are struggling with the pace and surfaces and not getting the ball to the hole. Weed (blue?) couch has now significantly invaded a number of greens and they are really starting to look and roll very ordinary.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Putter: The Kombi is definitely the better putter for me on our greens at the moment. They are bumpy and slowish
    Is that Redland Bay you play at Dave?
    WITB -

Taylormade RBZ 9.5deg
    TM Sldr Mini 12deg
    Adams 2hy 4hy
    TM Speedblade 5-SW
    Wilson 8802 variant

Quote Originally Posted by dazza99 View Post
    Is that Redland Bay you play at Dave?
    Yep.

Thread Information