Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1538
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Yet another single stab on bumpy greens. My ball striking was right up there, but I scored badly for the most part for 30 points (14/16). Did not make a putt of any length all day. The golf gods weren't at all kind;

This photo shows the result of a 180m approach shot from the wrong fairway (due to another bad bounce leading to a penalty drop) over trees to a super tight gap on that side of the green. It was dead on track and skirting the edge of bunker, heading straight at the pin. Suddenly it disappeared from view?? WTF??

IMAG1763[1].jpg

Yep, the trail in the sand confirmed it had hit the rake handle, popped up sideways and dribbled into the bunker.

Driver: Srixon Z-355 10.5* with Miyazaki Mizore Tour 6 Stiff
    Fairway: Srixon Z-355 3 wood
    Hybrid: Srixon Z-355 19*
    Irons: Cleveland 588 CB 4 - PW
    Wedges: Yururi Tour 49*, 53* & 57*
    Putter: Nike Oz-4 CS Mallet 38"

The Z-355 was super solid for most of the day. I only missed 2 fairways with it. There was a 2+ club wind blowing so it is hard to compare stats, but I was getting very good length hitting low bullets into the wind and getting very good length downwind, including my longest drive of the year down the 2nd at 240m+ (wedge in, normally 5i or more). I even sacked it on one downwind hole, because I thought I would hit it into a usually out of range hazard. My GG Stats say it was middle of the recent pack overall, but I hit more FIRs with it.

The 355 3 wood and #3 were also super solid. I have not used them much previously, so it was nice to get the feel of them with solid shots.

I was on song with the 588cbs, but I did not get the rewards for some very solid striking. My GIR % was nearly double my long term average, but I was unable to capitalise on the bumpy greens and 2 putted every green.

The Oz-4 would one of the uglier looking putter heads out there, very un-Nike like, but it feels really good and has a great alignment design. I just could not get the putts to drop.

A couple of rounds to report.

The first was nearly 2 weeks ago and had very few highlights. I am struggling to remember much about it now, but I do remember that the Golfing God were wickedly spiteful that day.

Driver: King Cobra Speed LD F 9* with Aldila NVS 55 Stiff
    Fairway: Cobra XL 3 wood
    Hybrid: Cobra Max #3 19*
    Irons: Cobra Fly Z Pro Combo 4 - PW
    Putter: Ping Ketsch Straight Arc Mallet 38"

My first comp round with the LD F and I was a little disappointed with my driving with it. I seem to be pushing them straight left a lot. The familiar Cobra "Tink" from that era would probably annoy a lot these days, but I actually don't mind it. The LD is quite long if you strike it well, but the forgiveness is just not there compared to current Drivers. I think the 9* loft also contributes to that lack of forgiveness.

The XL is a new arrival from Squizzy's. I picked up some cheap Cobras in a 50% off sale. I had not heard of this club before but it looked the goods. Turns out is was part of a matched set. It went very well straight off the bat. I look forward to giving it another run soon.

The Fly Z combos were sweet, but were left with too much to do after poor tees shots more often than not.

I struggled with the Ketsch a bit on the bumpy greens. It almost felt like it didn't have enough loft to get the ball rolling over the lumps, but the specs say it is a 2.5*, so that doesn't seem to be the case.

The other round was from Saturday just gone. I ground out a fairly solid round for the most part, but stumbled over a few towards the end for a 2 wipe 32 point result.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5* with Ping Tour Reg Flex
    Fairway: Cobra S3 3 wood
    Hybrid: Ping G30 #3 19*
    Irons: Titleist 714 AP1 4 - PW
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 CS CB 38"

The G400 Max isn't mine (yet). The Club Pro offered it to me for the round to try. I have a G400 LST, so used the shaft out of it for this trial. My swing was a little off at times, so I didn't do it total justice. But I did see enough for me to want to give it some further bag time. I hit a couple of pull/hooks early but all my swings did seem to be coming out of the middle (maybe the forgiveness contributed to that feeling?). My last few drives were pretty good and left me wanting more. A long high fade down the 17th, followed by a strong high draw down the 18th to leave me in the Mayor's office for both shots. My GG stats tell me it was right up there with recent driving results and only very marginally behind the current leader, the 917 D2. I think that I could get it in front with a bit better swinging.

The S3 3 wood was another Squizzy pick up and went very well first time out.

Only my second round with the 714 AP1s and they are growing on me. My GIR stats were not flash, As I was hitting little pulls at times that I got punished for. But the actually ball contact was very solid all day and built confidence.

The best aspect of my game was my putting (27 putts). I made half a dozen very good putts on still bumpy greens and never looked like 3 stabbing.

The Golf Gods were very angry again yesterday. I don't think I have ever had so many drives finish effectively dead, and F'n tree rooted! My touch on bunts out was greatly enhanced! It took me 12 holes to make a 3 pointer.

Driver: SMT Nemisis 370 9* with PL Blue Reg
    Fairway: Adams Indight XTD Pro 3 wood
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler T Rail 19*
    Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 4 - PW
    Putter: SC Golo 5 Dual Balance 38"

I struggled initially to get my aim right with the SMT Nemisis. My striking was OK but I was getting an unexpected tail that was getting me into trouble more often than not. At 370cc, it isn't the friendliest head around, but it is very long, particularly into the wind. And the wind was very strong yesterday, 30/35 knots and gusting. A couple of my drives into the teeth of the wind were well past my normal length in such conditions.

I was striking the Vapor Speeds pretty well for the most part. The problem was, my approach shots were usually my third after having had to bunt one sideways out of the trees. I hit a lot of greens, but too often it wasn't for a GIR.

My short game was actually pretty solid, but it had to be way too often for it own good. I was solid on putts inside 5 feet, but the vagaries of our greens saw a few 3 putts from long distance tries.

Gusty Westerlies are plaguing us at the moment. Bringing lots of heat from the centre, and blasting the trees into submissions. Debris everywhere, and a few trees and major branches lost so far. And we have them for another week or so if the forecasts are at all accurate.

Driver: SMT 455 Encore 10* with HOF Express Reg
    Hybrid: Titleist 915 Hd 19*
    Irons: TM RocketBladez Tours 4 - PW
    Putter: SC Kombi 38"

Only the second time out for the Encore. I was interested to see how it went compared to its tiny 370cc sibling from Wednesday's round. The results were pretty good. The Nemisis might actually be the longer driver when you really stripe it , but the Encore is much easier to hit well and quite forgiving for a LD type driver. And it is very straight. I actually struggled to get any significant shape into my drives. Which probably wasn't a bad thing in the gusty conditions. I saw more than a few of my colleagues' drives turn over completely and go sideways in the wind. I hit lots of fairways, and length was pretty solid in the conditions. The feel off the face was a touch harsh, but not in a bad way. It just did not have that soft sweet crunched feel that you get with some Drivers when you middle one.

The Cobra XL continues to impress and the 915 Hd was a weapon.

Only the second time out also for the RB Tours and they went pretty well. My striking was pretty solid, and it had to be in the conditions. I was able to hit low penetrating shots into the wind when needed, I picked up a takeaway tip during the week and it seemed to work for me. My striking was noticeably more consistent and I gained a bit of ball speed as well.

My short game was pretty solid and I putted well for the most part, but without much luck. Lots of kick in 2nd putts.

In the end I amassed 37 points (18/19) with 2 wipes.

Last edited by Daves; 25th November 2018 at 12:53 PM.

Atrocious conditions for Golf yesterday. I thought we were in Melbourne for a while there! We teed off into a Northerly Gale that seemed to get stronger. Then a flash thunderstorm. The Course Siren apparently sounded, but we didn't hear it in the Gale. It was all over in 10 minutes, then the Sun came out and the humidity went through the roof for another 10 minutes. Then back to the Gale, which persisted to the end, but had switched to a 40+ knot Westerly by the time we got to play the only East to West hole on the course!

Driver: Bang Bang-O-Matic 9* with Aldila Voodoo Reg
    Fairway: Cobra LD Speed F/ST 5 wood
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
    Irons: Tourstage X Blade 701 4 - PW
    Putter: Rife Guerin 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet CS CB 38"

I had no idea where the Bang was going. I only hit one fairway with it, ironically on the E to W hole into the teeth of the gale. I somehow scrambled my way through the front nine for 18 points. But it all fell apart on the back nine as luck and my short game abandoned me. I did manage to hit one good long drive with the Bang on the 17th, so it does have potential if I can work out how to get along with it!

The Cobra LD was one of the positives. Gee it went well. I was hitting it Driver distances, so it gave me an alternative to the Bang. But I left the switch too late in terms of my scoring.

The 701s went pretty well in the conditions, but too often they had too much to do.

My putting was pretty solid for the most part (30 putts) , but the wind and frustration saw a couple of 3 jabs sneak in.

A Midweek Single Stableford yesterday in very warm conditions. There was just enough breeze to make it bearable, but I was knackered by the time we finished. I ground out 35 points (19/16), solid but I couldn't quite move to the next level when I tried to shift up.

Driver: Srixon Z765 with PL Blue Reg
    Fairway: Titleist 915 3 wood
    Hybrid: Adams 9031 Super 18*
    Irons: Adams Super S 5 - PW, Cobra S3 4i
    Putter: SC Kombi S 38"

I started very solidly with the Z765, hitting the first 4 fairways pretty much exactly where I aimed it. Then I got a bit quick and started pulling it right. Still in play, but a bit unsettling. I tried to fix it on the back nine, but didn't quite get my alignment right and started missing it left, more often than not. They weren't bad misses, but were just enough out of position to have me scrambling to make par. Overall it was pretty solid, the issue was with the user rather than the club. It is quite easy to shape how you want if you are swinging it well, and quite friendly across the face. It looks pretty good at address and the sound is good. I think it also goes better with the stock Miyazaki shaft (Mizore) over my standard PL Blue test shaft.

The Super S irons went OK. The design is a bit chunky but don't look too bad at address and feel pretty solid off the face. The KBS Tour 90s give them a pretty high launch, which is a positive when you need to hit recovery shots over trees on our course. I found I could flight them fairly easily as needed. The Super S do seem to produce a few more fliers than I normally get though.

My putting was very solid early but I missed a few in my normal gettable range on the back nine trying to scramble pars. Over reads mainly.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Daves - what impact, if any, do you believe rotating all these clubs through your bag has on your handicap?

Quote Originally Posted by CeeAy View Post
    Daves - what impact, if any, do you believe rotating all these clubs through your bag has on your handicap?
    Great question CeeAy. I have contemplated this a fair bit. I have no doubt there is a negative effect, having to adjust to each bag's characteristics and differences in a short time-frame. But on the other side of things, I think it has developed my adaptability and my understanding of club fitting, and how clubs work. And more particularly, my ability to scramble and make a score when I am not in control of my swing. I think I scramble much better now than I did when I started bag rotations some 4 years ago. And my short game is better across the board.

I have kept a spreadsheet of my results and stats since I started and my average round score has slowly decreased, albeit fairly marginally, by about half a shot over the 4 years. I did reach my lowest ever GA (7.9) at the end of my first year of rotations, but seem to hover around the 10 mark for the most part. I am hopeful of one last push down towards the mid single figure before I get too much older (read get too old).

I have contemplated picking a favorites bag and sticking with it for a couple of months to see how I go. Maybe a project for 2019?

I have slowed right down on club acquisition as I have more than I can handle/rotate through as it is. I probably need to do a clear out of excess stock in the coming year as well! But I am still enjoying the whole bag Lotto thing. I love the challenge, and I think it helps keep me fresh and trying things.

Thanks for the reply Daves, you’ve even answered a couple of follow up questions I had in mind too. The ability to adapt quickly must be a huge plus out of all of this and I also assume you’ve become somewhat immune to caring how a club ‘looks’ down by the ball? Four years is a massive commitment to the experiment and I’ve often wondered how long you would persist for. It’s been a great read so far, and a thread I regularly visit. Whatever you decide for 2019, it will be worth reading regardless. (I reckon you’re onto something though)

I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on a few things as well...

- do you think technology has made much difference between ‘oldest’ sets you use to the newest?

- ‘powerbats’ vs traditional irons.

What would be interesting to see would be a couple of rounds where you play your ‘most hated/worst performed’ set vs your most favoured.

If you’re slowing down on acquisitions then you most definitely need a big clear out!

Cheers
    Last edited by CeeAy; 3rd December 2018 at 06:38 AM.

You do develop some immunity to thick toplines and odd shapes. But I still find some clubs can get in my head, and I can't get past they way they look and/or sit. Particularly closed faces and/or large off sets. Anything that looks particularly hook-able I guess.

Feel/sound is still a quite noticeable difference with irons for me, but I have found plenty of cast irons they still feel OK and go well. They just don't seem to be quite as precise. Thin topline, forged muscle backs give a feel that just can't be matched. They force you to work harder on your striking, but they reward you when get it right like no other irons can. When I am on song with nice forged clubs I feel like any shot is on. Whereas the cast clubs tend to be the muscle you way through type of club.

The modern pumped irons e.g. TM M2s combine great forgiveness across the face, with very high launch and super pumped distance. You can muscle you way around a course with them, but they till lack precision and sometimes spin when your really need it. To me the way to use them is to focus on hitting fairways rather then getting distance, and then hit more greens with extra distance irons give you. They don't tend to be great for working the ball, so you can focus on hitting them straight and putting your approaches in the general area. The downside is that they tend to blunt your precision and you defer to distance and potentially loose some "touch" over time.

Drivers have generally become more and more forgiving, but are not significantly longer of themselves, for me at least. They do build confidence that will deliver that occasional longer shot when you are striking it well. And if you have confidence there is less pressure on your swing, so maintaining your tempo and transition seems easier. But I do have a few 8 to 10+ year old drivers that I feel very confident with (e.g. 910 Titleist) and can get the same results distance and accuracy wise most of the time.

Shaft quality is generally much better in modern clubs, especially stock shafts that have come a long way with better manufacturing and quality control.

The worst clubs/hated scenario is an interesting one. I do try to force myself to play the uglies, but I almost always put a "confidence" club in the mix when I do. Logic tells me that a lot of the "dislike" is in the head. I find it a real challenge to try and push myself through the lack of confidence that the dislike generates. It is very satisfying if you can get over your "fears". A bit like taming an "out of control" club during a round.

Thanks Daves - great read!

Friday's round in the Black Marker was pretty ugly. I never got going, and the harder I tried to retrieve, it the worse it seemed to get. Starting Triple, Par, Double, Double didn't do the confidence any good either!

Driver: Bridgestone J715 10.5* with Fubuki ZT x5ct Reg
    Fairway: Cobra LD F/ST 5 Wood
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Tour Prototype 18*
    Irons: Adams A4 Forged 5 - PW, Callaway X Hot 4i
    Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo 7 CS CB 38"

I struggled to get going with the J715. I struggled to align it and I was mostly pulling it badly, into trouble. In between I hit enough good shots with it to see some potential.

The A4s look very good and feel great. I enjoy this set a lot. Unfortunately, on Friday, they had a lot of work to do and I was not up to it.

Add to that a very ordinary short game and very mixed putting (3 x 3 stabs) and there was little chance of anything but the net 83 I returned.

I had used this same set for Wednesday's round, but we pulled out after only 8 holes of sideways rain when the clear the course siren sounded. I was actually playing quite well that day and was one or 2 under hcp when we pulled the pin. So I can hit these clubs very well when I am swinging it OK.

I was back out again yesterday for the Monthly Medal and the result was 11 shots better, but could have been anything but for two stupid triples when I thought I had it under control. I was only 4 over through 13, but the 2 triples saw me return 8 over for the last 5 holes!

Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS 10.5* with Aldila NVS K Reg
    Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 18*
    Irons: Cobra Fly Z 4 - PW
    Putter: TM Spider Mallet SC CB 38"

The Fast 12 LS is one of my all time favorite Drivers. I think I have about 5 of them in the collection. The NVS K is a Japanese flex and a real noodle, but it seems to work for me. Barely missed a fairway yesterday, and when I did it was poor aiming or shot selection, not the club that was at a fault.

Ditto the Fly Zs, another favorite set that just work for me. I barely hit a bad shot with them all day. I hit lots of greens and my misses were close by most of the time.

Add a hot short game for the most part and solid putting (no 3 jags) and a score was there for the taking. Both triples came from trying to muscle my way through a hole, rather than playing smart and ensuring the ball stayed in play. And letting the iron/short game/putting do the job as they had for most of the round.

A very mixed round yesterday. I started well and finished extra well, but wobbled in the middle, a bit. The negatives were making the same mistakes as last week. But I did work a few things out in the end, that will hopefully get me back on track to playing some more consistent golf again. I finished par, par, birdie, and there was some pretty special recovery golf needed to do that!

Driver: TM 2017 M1 10.5* with Miyazaki Kusula Blue Tour 61S
    Fairway: TM M1 3 wood
    Hybrid: TM AeroBurner 19*
    Irons: TM M2 Z 4 - PW
    Putter: TM Spider Ghost Mallet SC CB 38"

I was hitting the M12 well till the wobbles came. Pulls and Pushes that cost me shots. I worked out on the last hole that I was teeing the ball too high. I have been there before, but hadn't twigged I was doing it again. I tend to slap at the ball when it is teed up high. The lower the better in terms of a predictable strike for me.

I don't recall the last time I used the 2016 M1, but it will make it back again pretty soon. I smacked a few very good shots with it, and probably should have substituted it in for the Driver when it started going astray.

The (original) M2 irons went pretty well for the most part. I did lose control of the 4i for a few holes that cost me, but got it back on track for the last few holes. It is interesting to play with a set of irons that are so pumped. You need to work your distances much harder, and they seem a little more prone to fliers that normal. I was hitting them long for the most part, which is an interesting twist on the normal. Once I dialed them in though, I got pretty deadly with the short irons. I have a set of the 2017 M2s with the same shafts and there is nothing between them other than cosmetics.

My short game was pretty hot. I made a lot of up and downs. Some were because of near misses on the approach shot, but I did hit a lot of chips dead as well, and a made a few very good bunker escapes. 23 putts sort of tells the story, there were a lot of kick ins.

A couple of poor rounds this week with same scores recorded. I couldn't get things going and had to grind it out to the end.

I struggled through the front nine on Saturday for a mere 12 points. The back nine was a bit better, I managed to play to handicap for a 30 point total.

Driver: Callaway X2Hot 10.5* with PL Red Stiff
    Fairway: Callaway XR 3 wood
    Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro 20*
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4 - PW
    Putter: Odyssey CS White Hot 2 Ball CB 38"

Driver wasn't really my problem. Other than a pulled drive off the first, I was striking it reasonably well and getting good distance.

I also hit a reasonable number of greens but made very little in the way of putts.The greens were slow and shaggy and there was lots of grain to fight. 32 putts was OK in the conditions, but could have been a lot better with a little luck.

Back out yesterday on a damp course, though it was quite playable. The greens were still very slow, but variable on grain and break. End result same score (14/16) and same number of putts.

Driver: Bobby Jones Jessie Ortiz 10.5* Workshop Edition with Miyazaki c Kua Tour 43X
    Fairway: Adams Super LS 3 wood
    Hybrid: Adams A4 Boxer 19*
    Irons: Adams V4 Forged 5 - PW, Ping G2 HL 4i
    Putter: Yes Stacey 12 SC CB 38"

I struggled for a little while with the Bobby Jones and was quite inconsistent till I realised I was slapping it somewhat. Focusing on getting through the ball helped, but by then the damage was done.

I hit some good shots with the V4s. but never quite felt at ease with them. Not sure why?

As mentioned, another 32 putts round. Plenty of lipouts and leaving them in the jaws. But I also made some good putts from 5/6 feet when a slower green saw a putt pull up short.

It was an interesting round for me yesterday. I started with 3 clubs in the bag that had never been hit. Not really related to that, my scoring was all over the place. I had my first wipe in a few weeks, but I also had 2 birds and only 28 putts including 3 x 3 jabs. My front nine was as follows 2,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,4 for 15 points out, nearly half of those in the last 2 holes! Then I scored 1,3,3,3,3,2,W,1,1 coming for 17 and 32 total.

Driver: Cobra Max 10.5*with Matrix White Tie 55 S
    Fairway: Cobra Fly Z XL 3 wood
    Hybrid: Cobra Max 19*
    Irons: Cobra AMP 4 - PW
    Putter: Adams A12 OS Mallet CB 38"

The Max was super easy to use. Every shot seemed to come out of the middle. The offset took a bit of getting used to, but it behaved itself and it never went hard right on me. One interesting observation, the offset seems to make launching it high a simple adjustment. I actually over allowed early on and hit a few drives super high. But they were all out of the middle and went dead straight. I could just as easy hit one low, so it was much more versatile than I expected. Distance wise it seemed to be about average and it was dead straight when you wanted it to be.

The Fly Z XL only had one hit, so hard to tell, but seemed pretty solid.

The AMPs were solid. My misses were mainly long. I hit a solid number of greens, but also had plenty of close misses.

I was able to make some good up and downs and my putting was generally very solid on our variable greens. I like the Adam a lot. It is very much my style of mallet. Interestingly, it has a totally smooth face, not milling what so ever.

My last comp round of 2018 was on Saturday. My bag selection was a mix of the bags I used for the last round in 2017 and the first round of 2018. Sounds good, but I should have checked my score for this time last year!, because I almost matched it; a gross 93 vs gross 94, horrible. I was totally at sea and just could not get anything going. I did not score anything better than a 2 pointer all day.

Driver: Krank Rage Impact Tech 10.5* with PL Axis Red
    Fairway: Nickent Genex 3DX 14*
    Hybrid: Nickent Genex 3DX 17*
    Irons: Adams A12 Pro 4 - PW
    Putter: Seemore Si3 CB CS Mallet 38"

I had no idea where the Krank was heading most of the time. When I did strike it well it was hot and long, but I just could not get comfortable with it or get any consistency of line/aim.

That meant I was playing recovery shots a lot of the time, and I was struggling to overcome poor positioning to make a score. I scrambled hard but wasn't making the U & D that I usually do. My iron play deteriorated in the heat and I struggled everywhere but on the greens. I was solid with the putter, but made very little of any distance.

One to block out of the memory banks!

Yesterday was my first comp round of 2019 and I was looking forward to making amends for my poor finish to 2018. And I managed to do so to a fair extent. I was generally very solid without being able to shift up that gear needed for a sub 80 round. Lots of 2 pointers, but only a couple of 3s.

Driver: Ping G LS Tec 10.5* with Alta Blue Reg
    Fairway: TM 2017 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Callaway XR Pro 18*
    Irons: Adams CB2 Pro 4 - PW
    Putter: Yes Natalie CS CB 38"

I was much more comfortable with the LS Tec. I still struggled a little with direction, but my striking was pretty solid for the most part. I pushed a few into trouble early on, but gradually got my lines back into order and was able to keep my tees shots in play.

The CB2 look similar to the A12 Pros, but feel quite different. When I struck them well they felt great, but they did not seem very forgiving at all on some poorer strikes. The CB3 model are much more friendly version in my experience. I did manage to hit a reasonable number of greens in reg and turned them into pars, but could not manage any birds. Other than a poor double start, I managed to keep it to nothing worse than bogey for the round for 35 points (17/1.

The putter was very solid, but again made little of any distance, but had a lot of kick in 2nds.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Those Yururi wedges never seem to change, must be good☺

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Got some if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by olddogmike View Post
    Those Yururi wedges never seem to change, must be good☺
    They are excellent. But also shows my slackness in getting other wedges I have set up to suit my game and the course.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Got some if you want.
    Bring em today

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Will do

Black Marker Challenge was on Friday. I struggled from the start, but somehow managed to scramble to a nett 74. Parring the last 4 holes home helped.

Driver: Epon AF101 10.5* with PL Red
    Fairway: Cleveland CG Black 3 Wood
    Hybrid: TM SLDr 19*
    Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4 - PW
    Putter: SC Golo 5 Dual Balance CB 38"

My striking was off for most of the day. But I somehow managed to get the ball to the green for a par or a bogey most of the time. End result 8 pars, 7 bogeys and 3 doubles.

The Epon is a very straight Driver, but I was pushing it left most of the day.

And I barely hit an iron solidly all day, but somehow managed to scramble a score. I actually somehow hit an above average No. of greens in all that. And my short game was pretty solid for the most part. I got my chips in nice and close and was able to make the putts (30).

Thread Information