Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Default NSW Champs 26-28 June 2015

I'm out and about at the moment but I've made a few inquiries and will add details tonight.

The dates are a lock as are the courses and accommodation just waiting for confirmation prices once we get final numbers as they have to figure out how many cabins we need.

There is a $15 a game prize fee.

Friday - Horizons 10.30am (optional warm round)

Saturday - Pacific Dunes (round 1) - 10.30am Groups

$60 for Walking - Add $15 for Cart -

Sunday - The Vintage (round 2) - 9am - 5 groups

$98 including Cart and Range balls. We can get extra groups if needed, but they will before 9am.

Thoughts at the moment is to book dinner at a pub in Stockton for Friday night and then we can do a BBQ as a group on Sat night.

Cabins are available at Stockton Caravan Park for around $50-70 a night for 3 or 5 share.

Player Friday Golf $65 Sat Golf $75 Cart Sunday Golf $113 Friday Accom $60 Sat Accom $60 Total Due Amount Paid Amount Owing Comments Sat BBQ TBC
    1. Benno_r Yes Yes No Yes No No $253 253 0 The Champ is HERE!!!
    2 Dotty No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes $225 $225 $0
    3 Gammon Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes $373 $373 $0
    4 Haystacks Yes Yes No Yes - PD Member Yes Yes $248 $248 0
    5 Jimandr Yes Yes No Yes No No $253 $253 $0
    6 Kristianj No Yes No Yes No Yes $248 $248 $0
    7 Matt3Jab Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes $388 $388 $0
    8 Eca no no Yes Yes Yes Yes $248 $248 $0
    9 mrbluu Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes $290 $290 $0
    11 StuartD Yes Yes No Yes No No $253 $253 $0
    12 Titty Yes Yes No Yes Yes Yes $290 $290 $0

Friday Golf:

Group 1
    Titty
    Stuart
    Jim

Group 2

mrbluu
    benno
    gammon
    matty

Sat golf

Group 1
    KJ
    Stuart
    Gammon - cart
    Matty - cart

Group 2
    Titty - cart
    Dotty - cart
    Peppas
    Benno

3 Group
    mrbluu - cart
    eca - cart
    Jim
    Haystacks

Sun golf
    1. Benno
    2. Dotty
    3. Haystacks
    4. Gammon
    5. Jimdizzle
    6. KJ
    7. Matt3jabb
    8. Eca
    9. mrbluu
    10. peppas
    11. stuartd
    12. titty

2 Nights Accommodation
    1. Mrbluu
    2. Haystacks
    3. Matt3jab
    4. Titty
    5. Gammon
    6. Dotty

1 Night accommodation

1. KJ
    2. Eca

Please pm me if u can help with getting things like prizes, trophies and sponsorship organised. Thanks

Banking Details:

Binh Luu
    SCU (Sydney Credit Union)
    BSB 802 084
    Account : 100254015
    Last edited by mrbluu; 4th July 2015 at 03:46 PM.

Member Teaching Pro

Gives me time to buy an Axis1

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    ****ing luckiest golfer on Ozgolf by a bloody mile.....
    You would have lost a dozen more balls like me if you went that lucky!
    Hahhaha funny. I'll try harder next time we play

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

My turn to provide a personal recap.

Firstly, thanks to all my playing partners over the weekend.

Horizons was surprisingly good after tons of overnight rain. Playing partners Captain Nemo and Stuart147 were great company and we laughed a lot while chopping it up. We may also have set a "most putts by a group of three" record, even though the greens were really good.

I like Pacific Dunes, and I think the criticism is a bit unjustified. Hit good shots and you start liking the course. I hit lots of bad shots from the middle of fairways, but my playing partners Mr Bluu, Eca and Haystacks made me forget my bad ones very quickly. Even more laughs than Friday. Bluu needs to work on his driver throwing though. For once he missed the water with the driver, but it was close.

Even though I played awful, I enjoyed The Vintage more than the previous time I played it. I hit most of my bad shots to the right, except when there was a hazard to the left. My only real highlight was my up and down for par on 8 from a plugged lie in the edge of the greenside hazard. Playing partners Benno_R, KJ and Dotty were great company as always. By the end of the day I'd forgotten about KJ's shanked ïron for safetÿ off the first. I hope Bluu still has the video and posts it.

The after golf festivities were the stuff of legend. Some things I'll never forget, and others I'll probably only remember after reading about them in this thread. Special thanks to Peppas for organising the pizza, but I told you the family size would be too big for most of us. Did anyone take the leftovers home? There was surely too much leftovers even for a breakfast of champions.

Bluu is a born organiser and a great host. He did a wonderful job. He just needs to laugh a bit more, though.

Once upon a time I thought the quality of courses was an important factor in determining whether I should go to an Ozgolf champs event. While the courses this year were very good, it is the people who make these events great. Even if we held the NSW Champs at Glenmore and Wallacia I'd go if these guys were there. Thanks everybody.

My only decision now is to decide whether I can go five days without much sleep. I've done two separate three day events where hardly any sleep was enjoyed. I don't know whether there is a training regime for a challenge like that.
    Last edited by jimandr; 29th June 2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: last para added
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    It's easy to be critical when you've never been in the situation but hopefully one day you too may understand how difficult it is to be humble when you win.
    What's the point of winning if you can't stick it in people's faces?

Senior Member Major Winner

Thank you

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Well done crappy pants.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Well done crappy pants.

Yes, sometimes my lyrics are sexist
    But you lovely bitches and hoes should know I'm trying to correct this.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Now that I've had a chance to catch up on things a home, suppose it's my turn to do a bit of a write up.

First all thanks to our generous sponsors PureForm Golf (Paul Jenner) and www.shopaholicheaven.com.au (Ray - Lovegolf2012) for the generous prizes.

I would like to thanks all my playing partners Gammon, Matt3Jabby x 2, Eca, JDizzle, Haystacks x 2, Bemmo and Stu for some inspired, indifferent and incompetent golf (sometimes on the same hole), but most importantly for your company and the many jokes and laughs we shared. From Gammons constant groans from 28 cracked ribs, to Matt's crushing drives, Bemmo's colurful clubs, Stu determination to let me beat him on Sunday, Eca's sweet irons shaft and Haystack's advice and guidance around PD. Although I didn't play my best golf, I still had a great time on the course with you guys.

But most importantly, we had a better time off the course. Starting with a casual visit to Murray's Brewery and with Haystacks in charge of entertainment, we proceeded over the Newcastle via ferry and hit up a nice Craft Beer pub which had a nice homely feel to it....Now that "I think about it" some of them look like our own Ozgolfers, don't they Gammon!!!

Thanks to Peppas for organising the Pizzas!!

Thanks to all the guys for turning up and making it a great weekend.

Congratulations again to Billy Haystacks for being a desvered champion. Your clutch putting and a sneaky little chip it showed that was meant to be for you. You played the best golf all weekend by winning at your home track and doubling up with equal best score of the day at the Vintage. Also thanks mate for the tip on the accommodation!.

Thanks to SMS for organising our round at the Vintage and coming out for a couple of drinks and donating some prizes.

Thread Information