Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

My 10 year old probably knows, but he hasn't told us that.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

WTF carol singers again? F off and do some real work!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Wow why don't you visit your favourite site killjoy.com

The missus told me tonight that I'm not allowed to tell the 7 year old that Santa doesn't exist. Booooo!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Just get him to watch footage of kitty Flanagan on YouTube, from the project the other night! She outed Santa as fake on the show twice without warning. That should warm a grinches heart.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Now that's festive!

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Christmas light 'Cavalcades' where hordes of people drive around to check out everyones lighting displays... our neighbours have $000's worth of the stuff and one night every December the street is full of dickheads honking their horns as they drive past to look.
    This was on last night. The first cars went past just on 7:00 and it hasn't let up before I went to bed at 9:30. 2.5+ hours of non-stop honking and yahooing. And to make matters worse the neighbors had Xmas carols blaring so the passers-by could hear them. I'd like to stick some Humbug in their Cheer!
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Another reason to have daylight saving.

By the time darkness falls, they need to be home to watch Ink Masters and Housos.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

I've got a golf-related grinch double whinge.

Firstly, the events this week have been the Special Christmas Ham events, with hams as the major prizes, at my home course. The tightwads, plus a few non-regulars presumably on holidays, have filled the field, so I couldn't get a game on my normal days. As revenge, I did arrange for it to be super-hot on Wednesday, and not much better today. I;m sort of glad I couldn't get a tee time.

Secondly, there are no golf tourneys being televised, so I'm assuming none are being played. This'll probably happen next week as well. What are we supposed to watch? For me, darts doesn't cut it, and Live Surfing is one of those sports that should be a good TV sport, but it isn't.

I've got another one, but for its full meaning I won't vent that one until 7.00pm Saturday.

But, bah humbug anyway!
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Today signals the start of a nightmare period for Grinches. Two things are happening this evening that Grinches will be heading to the pub to avoid, even if they don't normally hit the turps on Saturday evenings.

Firstly, the first of a number of awful remakes and versions of A Christmas Carol will be screening very shortly on 7. For me, the only worthwhile versions of this story are The Muppets version and the Mr Bean version.

It gets even worse after that, as Carols In The Domain starts. I'd rather hit 20 shanks in a row than watch that.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

22 minutes early, Jim. You bored?

Reminds me, I have to download 'Scrooged' for the kids!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Senior Member Major Winner

Thank f**k for the hit and giggle cricket games.
    Get to dodge stupid Santa or other stupid Xmas themed movies.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Why the **** is a shit song like "Come O Ye Faithful" still performed?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Today signals the start of a nightmare period for Grinches. Two things are happening this evening that Grinches will be heading to the pub to avoid, even if they don't normally hit the turps on Saturday evenings.

Firstly, the first of a number of awful remakes and versions of A Christmas Carol will be screening very shortly on 7. For me, the only worthwhile versions of this story are The Muppets version and the Mr Bean version.

It gets even worse after that, as Carols In The Domain starts. I'd rather hit 20 shanks in a row than watch that.
    The Muppet Christmas Carol is brilliant.

A hate it, but time for me to join this thread, and I feel bad doing so. But after 3 years now it's like 'really!'.

Just had xmas with the inlaws. Got the dad an oakley polo shirt and peter fitzsimmons new book Gallipoli, mother got a new top (has alzheimers and wears the same clothes every day). Brother got a remote for his dslr (the canon 7d on the list he gave us was a touch too expensive). Their daughters got boxes of kinetic sand, son got a dinosaur that roars and shoots some sort of dart. Iffi gift from us was for his wife, who got some candles which she seemed to love. But we don't know her that well yet and got her a gift card for her birthday recently.

From Rob's parents she got a choker necklace from Thailand that seems to have been made for very small necks as it barely fit Jasmine. I got a phone 'selfie' stick, which should come in helpful since I have taken 2 selfies since I got my first smartphone 7 years ago. Kyan got a onsie, and Jas got a $60 voucher (score).

From rob's brothers family, we got 3 board games (don't play them much, they know that) including a themed version of one they know we have, and the Twilight Scene It dvd game!! And a deck of cards with a family photo of us on the back. The kids got a couple of bluerays of so so movies, and I got a Marvel The Avengers The Ultimate Characters Guide book.....
    Last year they gave us one combined present, a themed board game that got opened when they came over to play it in like June, and even though they knew the game it still took them nearly an hour to set it up.
    The previous year they gave me and Kyan a combined xmas and birthday presents, two nerf model laser tag guns that also work with ipods and iphones, but not the ones we had. So you could use them to shoot at each other, but the only target that actually registers is a little light on the top of the guns, so unless you were within about 5 feet of each other aiming was near impossible.

It feels very sucky to be frustrated by this, but honestly I'd rather get just a card than draw stuffers! At least it wouldn't be money wasted. And why they ask us each year for what we want I have no clue!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Time to come to an agreement to not get each other presents

I certainly don't get presents for my siblings, and we stopped with their kids this year too. They get enough.

Yep, that's sorted with my families side. We just get them for each others kids. But the other side have shown no interest in that. We even tried to go a 'secret santa' option with them. At least you can spend a bit more and get something fairly decent. But they weren't keen.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    Golflucky

Why do I have to cop the calories for Santa's food every year?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

So over all this Xmas Sh!t..... literally cannot wait for Boxing Day!

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

I called my sister at 3:20 this afternoon and asked her if she had bought anything for Mum and Dad (nope, so I'm off the hook too) and if she had bought me a present (nope, so nothing to buy there either). I probably would have braved the shops if I had to, but I'm glad it didn't come to that. It took quite a few Goughy years to get here, but we finallly seem to have made it to the point where we just buy for the kids (who already have too much stuff, of course).

Time to start wrapping, I guess.
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Best thing we ever did was going to "secret Santa" for family Xmas. Takes a lot of pain out of it. Kids still get far too much. My mum tells me that she spoils them because they couldn't give us much as kids but don't remember ever wanting for much.

I don't remember agreeing to a 5 o'clock wake up.

Thread Information