Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaft testing

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Default Shaft testing

Wanting to see if I can find a better shaft for me.

Have a sim2 head I want to keep. Is there anywhere in Brisbane that offers just shaft fitting with your head?

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bdoug10 View Post
    Wanting to see if I can find a better shaft for me.

Have a sim2 head I want to keep. Is there anywhere in Brisbane that offers just shaft fitting with your head?
    I have done this at Victoria Park before.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    I have done this at Victoria Park before.
    Did you just book a driving fitting? I’m worried they will just want me to try with the current drivers on the market.Also much difference using range balls? I was told when I went there a while back that the machine is adjusted for this?

Senior Member Major Winner

Did you just book a driving fitting? I’m worried they will just want me to try with the current drivers on the market.Also much difference using range balls? I was told when I went there a while back that the machine is adjusted for this?
    Nope, just booked in an hour lesson, then asked to try drivers shafts. Used their advise to focus in on various options.

They might have been range balls, but I compared then against my current shaft as a baseline. Probably not 100% accurate, but also cheaper than a sesh at Coolclubs or Pureform.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Nope, just booked in an hour lesson, then asked to try drivers shafts. Used their advise to focus in on various options.They might have been range balls, but I compared then against my current shaft as a baseline. Probably not 100% accurate, but also cheaper than a sesh at Coolclubs or Pureform.
    Thank you for the info I’ll look into this

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Did you just book a driving fitting? I’m worried they will just want me to try with the current drivers on the market.
    If you tell them upfront, they wont. If they do, then thats a sign that shaft fitting is not their expertise, and you can walk.
    But before you start, there should be a huge rack of shafts on a bucket that you can test from.

and dont forget, once they recommend a shaft, there is a lot of shafts that will match its profile. good fitters have a software database that can provide all the matches. Golfworks.com also have a profile matching database. https://www.golfworks.com/shaft-mpf-ratings/

Also much difference using range balls?
    very difference.

I was told when I went there a while back that the machine is adjusted for this?
    i beleive they can make changes to a LM to adjust for range ball distance, but that doesnt do much for your fitting. If you wanna do it properly, you need to use the ball you use. There is a hudge difference in spin rates between range and premium balls.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    and dont forget, once they recommend a shaft, there is a lot of shafts that will match its profile. good fitters have a software database that can provide all the matches. Golfworks.com also have a profile matching database. https://www.golfworks.com/shaft-mpf-ratings/
    I was recommended a $400 hybrid shaft that is not on that list, so I don't know what cheaper option I could replace it with.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

$400 is probably why they dont sell it 😀
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information