Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14
    Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Rodent View Post
    It took a while but I guess the stats don't lie. Hurstville has been re-rated. Blue tees scratch rating up 1 to 69 and slope up from 116 to 123. White tees scratch rating up 1 to 68 and slope up from 114 to 117.
    Will be interesting to see if it makes any difference in your handicap over the next few months

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Changing a course rating by 1 stroke will be massive

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Changing a course rating by 1 stroke will be massive
    It is massive because since I complained here all those years ago GA has also changed the DSR rules so that it can't rate more than 1 under the ACR.
    When I wrote complaining of the DSR at Hurstville, it rated as low as 64 from the whites. Now it can't rate lower than 67. From the blues it could rate as low as 65 but now can't rate lower than 68.
    I was right. I have had a chuckle reading back through this thread. GA's stats told them that the course was harder than what it was rated and they adjusted it accordingly.
    Don't be a sore loser.

What are you playing off now and what do you think you'll be off in 3 months time with the adjustment??

The change to the DSR rule I would guess wasn't because of Hurstville itself, more of the system as a whole.

The change to the slope is an 18 marker comparison (I think) and the ACR is for a scratch marker. 1 extra for the scratch marker isn't huge I wouldn't think. We just went up 1 across all Tess but down in slope on a set (whites) .

Will be interesting to see now that it's changed as you wished what happens??

The DSR rule change made the biggest difference. It used to be a struggle to get any flags at Hurstville and if you got one it was always a weak one. Since the DSR change I've been able to get flags there much more often. Now that the scratch rating has gone up too it feels like a decent "played to" score is achievable. Currently I'm off 5.6 with only 4 of my last 20 at Hurstville. 3 of those are flags (5.8, 6.8 and a 4.6). The 4.6 was under the new higher ACR and slope.

The 'played to' score will also be better against the slope being higher, all be it very minor

So what's the anticipated handicap?? How much drop should we be seeing at a guess??

Hard courses are over rated. Slogging each week over every shot can become very tiresome. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 3 Jab View Post
    The 'played to' score will also be better against the slope being higher, all be it very minor

So what's the anticipated handicap?? How much drop should we be seeing at a guess??

Hard courses are over rated. Slogging each week over every shot can become very tiresome. Trust me.
    New rating would have only got my current aggregate down by around 2. Divide that by 8 and x 0.93= 0.2 ish. Maybe I'd be off 5.4 instead of 5.6. I'm not playing there enough these days for it to have too much of an impact.
    Most of our GA's will increase shortly anyway as the x 0.93 will disappear from the GA handicap calculation and move across to the daily hcp calculation.

Thread Information