Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wing Tees

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Wing Tees

It's about a month or so since we have had the Wing Tees and I have heard nothing from you guys about whether you like them or not.....do you?

I personally love them, I have had the same top last me now 9 games even though I have broken the tee underneath about 6 times....and yes I do think they help
    RIP 1974-2006

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

mate....

.. i didn't like them at all at first.. thought they were a crock

.. BUT,

.. lately i've taken to removing the rubber tip section and putting it into some longer wooden tees and have found them to work quite well

(thanks for the Onewood)

don't know if they make me hit the ball any further, but they do prolong the life of the wooden tees, and also stop the longer tee from flying out of the ground every time i use 'em
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

well i would tell you but i still dont have mine
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Legend of OZgolf Touring Pro (European Tour)

Why not 990b? What has them?
    RIP 1974-2006

Onewood has them STILL
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Jaster, took 'em out for there first hit yesterday and have to say the signs are good

I played about 14-15 or so holes, at least 2 balls each hole so the equivalent of about 2 rounds in drives....both tee and wing-tip are still standing. I cannot fault them for endurance....2 rounds with the 1 tee is pretty good.

As to their effect on the drives, I had a few drives that I thought off the face would have gone further right than they did but whether that was the reduction in spin from the tee....I'll play a few more rounds before deciding.
    WITB
    580XD Tour 8.5° w Fuji SIX
    Callaway Tour SH+ 13° w Fuji SKW
    TM Tour RM 16° w Fuji TRTI-46
    Mizuno MX-300 3-GW w Project X 5.5
    Cleveland BeZi 60°
    Callaway White Hot 2-Ball Blade
    ProV1x/U-Tri Tour
    Handicap - 13

Found that I didn't like them... I like the feel of a wooden tee peg collecting the bottom of the face... and with the Wing Tee there just isn't that little feeling (maybe it's really sound or just purely psychological). A member at NSW Golf Course now has my pack.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

it's all in the head ppl.....

I've gone to using a 2 3/4" plastic tee now with my driver - purely for durability (I had a huge hang-up abt the effect of plastic tees on titanium heads)...
    My PGC Handicap

WITB Sept 2010
    Currently Undecided: Ping G10 or BStone J33R
    Currently Undecided: Cally Fusion 3W or Cally Steelhead III 3+W or Titleist 904F
    Currently Undecided: King Cobra 2300IM or Cally X20 Tour
    Switch BTW: TM RAC 52/58 & Cleve RTG 53/58
    Wilson TPA Blade

Senior Member Major Winner

I found they go further. Sometimes i've found them 15 metres away from where i had my tee shot.

I especially like the BLACK ones, they are nice and easy to find in the shadey parts, or on a cloudy day

On Sunday if I picked it off the tea cleanly with driver, i put a massive slice on the ball. If i knocked the tee as well, my drives were plenty straighter. Go figure...
    Lucy Harris smart smart smart, Martin Harris dumb.

goughy

I find the tees stay put on a good drive. But when I hit one of my frequent snap hooks those things live up to there name. Don't really know how many of them I've lost so far.

I hit one into the middle of the bridge covering the creek on our 9th hole the other day. At least I didn'tlose that one.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by goughy

I hit one into the middle of the bridge covering the creek on our 9th hole the other day.
    Jesus mate.. that's one mighty hook

like i said before, if you take the rubber top off the shorter tees, and put them onto longer wooden tees.... you can then push the tee further into the ground, so they don't seem as prone to flying away when you smash your drives

working for me anyway
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

goughy

Just to clarify, the ball hooked, the tee went dead straight onto the middle of the bridge. A mighty blow if I say so myself

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by jarro
    ...and put them onto longer wooden tees...
    Might give that a try as the only issue is with the tees ability to :smt051 ....easy 10-15m sometimes. I thought I had lost one after a drive then reloaded with another and fortunately it took the same trajectory and landed next to the first one so still packin' the original 8
    WITB
    580XD Tour 8.5° w Fuji SIX
    Callaway Tour SH+ 13° w Fuji SKW
    TM Tour RM 16° w Fuji TRTI-46
    Mizuno MX-300 3-GW w Project X 5.5
    Cleveland BeZi 60°
    Callaway White Hot 2-Ball Blade
    ProV1x/U-Tri Tour
    Handicap - 13

Thread Information