Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Why is the initial justification thread gone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I suspect it became uncomfortable for the person who started it.
    I started this thread to replace it, but I didn't think about it providing the background information. It is available for reading again.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Tank33 View Post
    I believe all these talks trying to justify actions taken by the mod team on a few nights ago aren't getting to the point.

I am not an internet forum expert and have never been involved in owning or moderating one. However, it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion.

I loved Ozgolf.net even though I don't really know many users personally. I have only met a few guys from Sydney to buy or sell some stuff and because of that fact, I believe I can be way more objective than Clikchic in every way.

I took me good 2-3 years to get myself accustomed to post something on here. It wasn't because of people not welcoming new users. It's the vibe about this forum. Although I felt like I could post up any useless stuff on the other forum, it made me believe that I shouldn't post here unless I had something substantial to contribute.

However, I always found the forum informative when needed otherwise just fun to read and spend some time on until the hell broke out.

I don't really know what have been happening all those years. If something has been going on, it must been a long time ago because I have never experienced anything that's been described to be happening since I have joined the forum.

However, now I am realising this place wasn't what I have believed to be because of the following facts.

1. Appearance of Clikchic - Until she posted that msg (which has now disappeared), I never knew who owned the site or whatever. But did it really matter who had the ownership? Once you decided to set up an internet forum for whatever reasons and started to have other users joining up and forming a community, this forum belongs to everyone of us. You can't just show up and be an arrogant landlord telling to vacate the place. It's not like this forum was set up yesterday. That's very intrusive and does not serve the purpose of an internet forum. If you haven't been contributing continuously as one of us from day one, you should've kept on staying in the back seat.

2. Moderating work - you guys tirelessly mention how stressful and thankless task it is. Did any of us force you to become a moderator? You know what's involved. You know what needs to be done or what it takes to do the job. It's the sacrifice you CHOSE to make. So stop whining about how difficult it is. If you had too much of it and it affects your life, I am sure you can just quit. I believe the more invisible moderators are, the better the forum is.

3. Sensorship/Transparency - This is an INTERNET forum in AUSTRALIA. It's not an page of a history book of a third world country. Why do you need to delete/lock so many posts? What were there that we as users couldn't handle? This forum does not have any transparency. If something happened which required an action from the mod team, you should've left the offending threads open so each one of us can come up with our own decisions as well. Then we could have better understood what you have been through. Without transparency, it suggests that you were emotionally burnt out of running the site and acted on an impulse which wasn't in the interest of the forum's future.

4. Trolling - I never sort of knew what that word meant until you mentioned it a few days ago. So who have been trolled by who for a prolonged period of time? I couldn't find that many posts someone continuously trolling someone. Everyone has different ideas and we talk about our differences and come to an agreements or arguments. Isn't that the purpose of a forum? A place to express your opinion? I don't know any user claiming they have been trolled by a mod because they always seem to have different ideas just about everything. Unless someone has been always abusive and have been offending a lot of users, you can't accuse them of trolling. The interesting bit was the banned users were allegedly trolled the mod team not other users.

I think the mod team needs to take the chill pill or take some time off moderating. Don't act like as if you are constantly nagged by feds to clean up the site.
    I don't think anyone else other than us are interested in what goes on around here.

Have a bit of sense of humour and openness, I am sure you could have just laughed off about a lot of stuff that went on here.

SMS told me in one of the posts that I am full of shit (an example of trolling??), does that make I am full of shit? I don't think so. So I just laugh it off and chose to ignore that post.

IMO, respect is something that is earned not forced upon. Even without respect between each others, this place will remain peaceful, fun, interesting and informative if we show a little bit of courtesy.

And even though some users may have failed to show courtesy towards the mod team, the mod team failed to show your courtesy to all the users by shutting the site down intentionally.

If you really want a site where everything happens your way, maybe just have a private site between your mates?

I wouldn't have posted all this bs if I wasn't as passionate about the site as you (owners & mods) are.

Cheers.
    Well said, Tank. You raise a lot of valid points.

The funniest part was the ClicChik kept referencing trolling when it was pretty clear that she had no idea what it really was.

I asked for examples on numerous occasions and none could be provided.

We all realise what a great mistake it was having her come in. What's done is done.

The forum has been quite tame recently, with the only real arguments about the minimum number of posts to post in the pro shop. However, if it does not reflect what ANDY wants (not ClicChik or Dean who sold the site and renounced mod rights) than he has the right to act accordingly. I will support whatever he decides.

I still love this place and will continue to frequent it. Will it ever be the same? Probably not.

The funniest thing regarding the "trolling" is that I would bet you could find as many or more examples of a mod "trolling" Yoss than the opposite, which makes the entire situation even more sadder.

Thread pause and I'll reopen after addressing some previous posts.

We will have to move on from this soon though.

Senior Member Major Winner

Default Post of the Year?

Tank, just want to say great post! arguably post of the year. i wish i could put into words what i was thinking the other night as good as you have done here. You hit so many nails on the head with this.
    Last edited by AndyP; 6th July 2014 at 08:09 AM.

Tank33, I don't believe that I can address all of your points because some is targeted towards clikchic's thread from the other night.
    2. Moderating work - you guys tirelessly mention how stressful and thankless task it is. Did any of us force you to become a moderator? You know what's involved. You know what needs to be done or what it takes to do the job. It's the sacrifice you CHOSE to make. So stop whining about how difficult it is. If you had too much of it and it affects your life, I am sure you can just quit. I believe the more invisible moderators are, the better the forum is.
    I disagree that we have been tirelessly whining about it. I have mentioned in this thread that it has been hard because of the criticism that comes from some members. The moderators are usually invisible, except some members continued to bring discuss moderator actions in the forum.

3. Sensorship/Transparency - This is an INTERNET forum in AUSTRALIA. It's not an page of a history book of a third world country. Why do you need to delete/lock so many posts? What were there that we as users couldn't handle? This forum does not have any transparency. If something happened which required an action from the mod team, you should've left the offending threads open so each one of us can come up with our own decisions as well. Then we could have better understood what you have been through. Without transparency, it suggests that you were emotionally burnt out of running the site and acted on an impulse which wasn't in the interest of the forum's future.
    There aren't that many posts deleted or locked. Locking a thread stops whatever was happening in a thread from continuing. If something is posted against the rules, why wouldn't we remove it? Do you know any other forums where the team that run the site tell you everything that they have done or are doing? Why does every single user have to a view on this? Actions are quite often taken to prevent things from escalating further.

4. Everyone has different ideas and we talk about our differences and come to an agreements or arguments. Isn't that the purpose of a forum? A place to express your opinion?
    Yes. I haven't said otherwise. The problem is when those arguments get personal or take over a thread.

SMS told me in one of the posts that I am full of shit (an example of trolling??), does that make I am full of shit? I don't think so. So I just laugh it off and chose to ignore that post.
    No, it's not an example of trolling, unless he knew very well that you would react badly to it and did it to incite that response.

IMO, respect is something that is earned not forced upon. Even without respect between each others, this place will remain peaceful, fun, interesting and informative if we show a little bit of courtesy.
    I don't think there was enough courtesy before. Other people in this thread have supported this view.

And even though some users may have failed to show courtesy towards the mod team, the mod team failed to show your courtesy to all the users by shutting the site down intentionally.
    Correct, but where was the courtesy before that.

If you really want a site where everything happens your way, maybe just have a private site between your mates?
    Although it may be my way, it is my way based on what I have liked about other forums and there are plenty of members who have supported what I have been saying in this thread, so it's not like I am doing this just for myself. Some seem to dismiss the views of mods, without considering that they too are users of the forum.

I wouldn't have posted all this bs if I wasn't as passionate about the site as you (owners & mods) are.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by AndyP; 6th July 2014 at 08:11 AM.

Open for the last time.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Ive been away from the site (limited access) for the past week, which was probably a good thing?
    I don't know, nor do i want to know what shit went down, but i believe the decisions made where warranted for the good of the site.
    Did we lose some good guy's, yes probably but I'm sure they have been forewarned from previous misdemeanours and obviously didn't adhere to the guidelines.
    I think the site could be more heavily Moderated, just do it behind the scenes before things get out of hand.
    Id like to see a list of current Moderators actually, i'm pretty sure there are 1 or 2 that are hardly ever here which puts more strain on the guys that login more frequently.
    Its a tireless and unrewarding job, but as they say in the classics someone has to do it....
    After this shamozzle, will i frequent here more often or less, I'm not sure.
    But i love this site, more-so for the actual golfing friends I've made and great club making information I've received.
    Ive had some super weekends (and some fun rounds) with a lot of guys on here over the years and id hate to lose that and their friendship.
    Also those guys bitching and moaning about what transpired, why don't you simply leave and join another site (which by the looks of it many have)
    No-ones forcing you to be here?
    Keep up the good work Andy and crew.
    Just my 2 cents....
    Peace Titty.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I believe all these talks trying to justify actions taken by the mod team on a few nights ago aren't getting to the point.

I am not an internet forum expert and have never been involved in owning or moderating one. However, it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion.

I loved Ozgolf.net even though I don't really know many users personally. I have only met a few guys from Sydney to buy or sell some stuff and because of that fact, I believe I can be way more objective than Clikchic in every way.

I took me good 2-3 years to get myself accustomed to post something on here. It wasn't because of people not welcoming new users. It's the vibe about this forum. Although I felt like I could post up any useless stuff on the other forum, it made me believe that I shouldn't post here unless I had something substantial to contribute.

However, I always found the forum informative when needed otherwise just fun to read and spend some time on until the hell broke out.

I don't really know what have been happening all those years. If something has been going on, it must been a long time ago because I have never experienced anything that's been described to be happening since I have joined the forum.

However, now I am realising this place wasn't what I have believed to be because of the following facts.

1. Appearance of Clikchic - Until she posted that msg (which has now disappeared), I never knew who owned the site or whatever. But did it really matter who had the ownership? Once you decided to set up an internet forum for whatever reasons and started to have other users joining up and forming a community, this forum belongs to everyone of us. You can't just show up and be an arrogant landlord telling to vacate the place. It's not like this forum was set up yesterday. That's very intrusive and does not serve the purpose of an internet forum. If you haven't been contributing continuously as one of us from day one, you should've kept on staying in the back seat.

4. Trolling - I never sort of knew what that word meant until you mentioned it a few days ago. So who have been trolled by who for a prolonged period of time? I couldn't find that many posts someone continuously trolling someone. Everyone has different ideas and we talk about our differences and come to an agreements or arguments. Isn't that the purpose of a forum? A place to express your opinion? I don't know any user claiming they have been trolled by a mod because they always seem to have different ideas just about everything. Unless someone has been always abusive and have been offending a lot of users, you can't accuse them of trolling. The interesting bit was the banned users were allegedly trolled the mod team not other users.

I think the mod team needs to take the chill pill or take some time off moderating. Don't act like as if you are constantly nagged by feds to clean up the site.
    I don't think anyone else other than us are interested in what goes on around here.

Have a bit of sense of humour and openness, I am sure you could have just laughed off about a lot of stuff that went on here.

Cheers.

I would say the forum owner has a right to make rules and enforce them. If you don't like them, it is your perogative to stay or go.

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    Ive been away from the site (limited access) for the past week, which was probably a good thing?
    I don't know, nor do i want to know what shit went down, but i believe the decisions made where warranted for the good of the site.
    Did we lose some good guy's, yes probably but I'm sure they have been forewarned from previous misdemeanours and obviously didn't adhere to the guidelines.
    I think the site could be more heavily Moderated, just do it behind the scenes before things get out of hand.
    Id like to see a list of current Moderators actually, i'm pretty sure there are 1 or 2 that are hardly ever here which puts more strain on the guys that login more frequently.
    Its a tireless and unrewarding job, but as they say in the classics someone has to do it....
    After this shamozzle, will i frequent here more often or less, I'm not sure.
    But i love this site, more-so for the actual golfing friends I've made and great club making information I've received.
    Ive had some super weekends (and some fun rounds) with a lot of guys on here over the years and id hate to lose that and their friendship.
    Also those guys bitching and moaning about what transpired, why don't you simply leave and join another site (which by the looks of it many have)
    No-ones forcing you to be here?
    Keep up the good work Andy and crew.
    Just my 2 cents....
    Peace Titty.

Titty if you had of seen how Clickchic was behaving on here the other night you may have a different opinion. She did more damage in under 12 hours than all the trolls combined could do in 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I would say the forum owner has a right to make rules and enforce them. If you don't like them, it is your perogative to stay or go.
    Like allow someone to come back on the forum as someone else?

Just curious.

Simmsy, i missed it all, and i prob can't be arsed trying to find (or read) the rant.

She deleted her rant, abused most of us then thought she should remove it.

Well there you go.....
    I still stand by what i said.
    We all like a joke and pisstake, but if guys want to take the piss and push boundaries, go somewhere else and do it.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

We all like a joke and pisstake, but if guys want to take the piss and push boundaries, go somewhere else and do it.
    I've not said anything in this thread but I agree with the above.

We can all take a joke until it's no longer funny.

I removed the previous thread when I started this thread, but have since returned it.

Well there you go.....
    I still stand by what i said.
    ???

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

You're a wally Lawrence.

Why?

You say you can't be stuffed about how it all came about and then start telling people to take a hike.

I'm not making anyone to take a hike, they can make their own minds up, we are all big boys....Seems as though a lot have.
    I'd like to know how it all went down but I doubt I'll never know.

I'm not making anyone to take a hike, they can make their own minds up, we are all big boys....Seems as though a lot have.
    I'd like to know how it all went down but I doubt I'll never know.
    We had a visitor.
    Attached Images

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Andy,

I've stated it privately & I'll state it publicly.. I love being a member of Ozgolf & the friends it has led me to. I've enjoyed the golfing hospitality of a number of members & had the pleasure of attending an Ozgolf Championship...

Awesome place most of the time until DHs decide to deride someones beliefs or opinion & can't or won't leave it alone after it is clear that someone has had enough.

I support your actions & you have my ongoing support for the forum.. those who don't like it should move elsewhere.. this thread should be closed & we should all now move on & resume normal (albeit more courteous) transmission...

Oh, & my offer still stands
    WITB
    Cobra Amp Cell 9.5* - Kuro Kage Stiff
    Cobra Amp Cell 3 - 4 Fwy (4) - Fujikura Fuel Stiff
    Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid (3) MRC Cobra Amp Cell Stiff
    Ping I20 4 - UW CFS Stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX 53* & 56* DG Wedge
    TP Mills SoftTail

Well if someone could pm me what went down, I'd like to have a read....

Some will applaud your decision others will detest it but most won't give a rats. This is the only forum that I attend regularly and I like it.

Thread Information