Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    Sorry. It was to Watty but Robyn has answered. I did not ask the question in a whining tone, but i enjoy getting spoken down to like a five year old by a moderator...
    Richard doesnt know why. I will pass your message to him and let him follow up if he chooses.
    Point taken and reworded. FWIW I wasn't saying you were whining, I was trying to tell people who are not banned not to bother emailing me to complain because I wont respond. If you are not banned, feel free to PM me if you feel the need.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Goughy and Rich have now spoken.
    Rich is genuinely shattered over this decision.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by BenM View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why one admin would go and start banning people off her own bat particularly if many of the moderation team disagree with those actions? Definitely seems very knee jerk to me.

I told Yoss today on FB that he's one of the biggest bullshit posters on here, I stand by that, but by the same token I don't remember seeing anything particularly offensive from him either.

Seems like either some mods are a bit gutless (letting Clikchik do their dirty work) OR it's all been a bit unilateral.

Doesn't affect me all that much but I think there are plenty of bigger dickheads on here than the ones who are gone.
    I like and hate this post.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by clikchic View Post
    Guys one last post. Please do not blame the mods for ANY of the decisions made tonight by me. There are several who disagree with several of the things I have done today. And that is ok. But enough is enough. This has been tough for a lot of people in a dozen different ways.

Is this your site to do with as you see fit? it is certainly feeling that way tonight. i hope this is your baby because if it is not you have well and truly damaged it.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatty View Post
    Of course, you're a Mod.......

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Go Yoss !!!!

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatty View Post
    Do you feel like clarifying? I am open to discussion.

Mods shouldn't feel bad about chipping their friends for bad forum behaviour. If they're real friends they'll be able to speak about it honestly.

If they feel they need to let someone else step in because they can't do it then it might be time to reassess the friendship.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by muldude View Post
    Go Yoss !!!!
    Late as usual........

Do you feel like clarifying? I am open to discussion.

Mods shouldn't feel bad about chipping their friends for bad forum behaviour. If they're real friends they'll be able to speak about it honestly.

If they feel they need to let someone else step in because they can't do it then it might be time to reassess the friendship.
    I had a whole post types out and deleted it. However let me go on the record that I tried to stand up against the bannings. I was also against the down time. Now saying that, there were numerous mods that agreed with one or both of those sentiments. At the end of the day though it's not our site and we don't have the final decision.

It was agreed that infractions were to be discussed amongst the mod team so in theory we never have to discipline our mates. I have reported my mates for the other mods to discuss and act on accordingly (I have probably just lost a heap of OG mates).

It's not about having balls. It's about what you guys don't see.

I hope that's fairly diplomatic, otherwise I guess I'll see you as an average punter on Ozgolf at some stage tomorrow. :-/

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

On that note, I turn 39 in September. I'll be looking at organising a Mt Broughton Day around then if anyone would be keen (also dependent on their coring)
    I'll be there. 39! Enjoy the next 15 months. It's all downhill from there.

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

There seems to be a lot of upset people posting in this thread tonight. A lot of the things being said should have been communicated via PM to particular people rather than broadcast for all to see.

Go to another forum, or even better, start your own if you aren't happy. I won't miss you. I certainly won't miss Yossarian.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Blog Entries

On that note, I turn 39 in September. I'll be looking at organising a Mt Broughton Day around then if anyone would be keen (also dependent on their coring)
    Me, me, me. That's all you ever think about.

Oh yeah. Weekends are 75% chance I can make it. Weekdays are 100%.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Default Why did we close?

Thanks Mega.

I realise there's a lot we're not privy to. And I think it's a good policy to try and let someone else handle moderation of your mates if you feel you can't be impartial. However it seems like that system has been broken for some time if it's got to the point where people shut the forum down and the hand out bannings seemingly out of the blue.

Is it the users' fault that the system has been broken, and have some people been dealt with unnecessarily harshly as a result? I would answer no, and it sure seems that way from the outside.

I feel a bit dirty standing up for Yoss as I find his constant dribbling annoying. But I would use the ignore function if it became bad enough to make me want to leave. But it seems all the bans have happened due to back stories that few of us know.

I'm just an average pleb here and I know my contribution is small. But I think decisions have been made very hastily and would ask that you all reconsider - I won't pull my skirt over my head and leave over it but the forum does need at least a little colour from time to time.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

My understanding was that the infractions were on a point system? Have they obtained any points or warnings or were they just banned.

If they have obtained the points for a lifetime ban they have no one to blame but themselves. (Think it's 15 points)
    But if they haven't been giving the infractions shouldn't they be treated within the rules we are ment to adhere too?

Thanks Mega.

I realise there's a lot we're not privy to. And I think it's a good policy to try and let someone else handle moderation of your mates if you feel you can't be impartial. However it seems like that system has been broken for some time if it's got to the point where people shut the forum down and the hand out bannings seemingly out of the blue.

Is it the users' fault that the system has been broken, and have some people been dealt with unnecessarily harshly as a result? I would answer no, and it sure seems that way from the outside.

I feel a bit dirty standing up for Yoss as I find his constant dribbling annoying. But I would use the ignore function if it became bad enough to make me want to leave. But it seems all the bans have happened due to back stories that few of us know.

I'm just an average pleb here and I know my contribution is small. But I think decisions have been made very hastily and would ask that you all reconsider - I won't pull my skirt over my head and leave over it but the forum does need at least a little colour from time to time.
    I keep typing and deleting stuff but there's a lot of what I was going to say in this.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Collis View Post
    My understanding was that the infractions were on a point system? Have they obtained any points or warnings or were they just banned.

If they have obtained the points for a lifetime ban they have no one to blame but themselves. (Think it's 15 points)
    But if they haven't been giving the infractions shouldn't they be treated within the rules we are ment to adhere too?
    I tried asking that but it was ignored. Maybe you will have more luck than I.

I am curious about the posts that lead to the banning.

Jimandjr, great that you have posted your opinion. The odds are now about 57-2.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I tried asking that but it was ignored. Maybe you will have more luck than I.

I am curious about the posts that lead to the banning.

I just think that if they were banned and not warned it seems unfair.
    Would putting the banned people on a final chance be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I certainly won't miss Yossarian.
    I will.

I stil dont understand why it was shut down...... Why wouldn't you just use the infration point system you developed to fix the problem, Why punish those that have stuck by the forum for years and done nothing wrong????

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I will.
    58-2

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Tullipan View Post
    I stil dont understand why it was shut down...... Why wouldn't you just use the infration point system you developed to fix the problem, Why punish those that have stuck by the forum for years and done nothing wrong????
    Exactly. Debacle.

Blog Entries

The Harbour Tunnel was closed during morning peak hour last month, because someone rolled a car. 200,000+ people were inconvenienced.

I took the tunnel on the weekend and I got to where I wanted to go.

Life goes on. (Nor was I worried where the rolled car and driver ended up.)
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    The Harbour Tunnel was closed during morning peak hour last month, because someone rolled a car. 200,000+ people were inconvenienced.

I took the tunnel on the weekend and I got to where I wanted to go.

Life goes on. (Nor was I worried where the rolled car and driver ended up.)
    But didn't you declare that you'd never vote for this government again.

I lost count of the number of times people said that to me when they were complaining about how disgraceful the train service was.

Can someone post a picture of a storm in a teacup.

I think we all need to go play some golf and then whinge about how unfair the game is.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Lager lover appears to be missing?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information