Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Sounds like the bat and ball was picked up and half way home before this was thought through. All this thread is and the responses within is some sort of self justification for what has gone on.

I've seen this happen before on other sites and it didn't end well. The horse has bolted a long time ago and if you were serious about all this, it should have been dealt with then. Having inconsistent rules and regulations is going to create a fractured site, if it isn't there already.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatty View Post
    Hi all. Here I am. Attack a mod directly. I feel I should have a chance to defend myself.
    Watty

Was the trouble last night worth burning a significant stake of Ozgolf community goodwill?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    In which lies the heart of all this IMO, a lack of consistent moderation.
    The lack of consistent moderation has been due to people not wanting to offend friends who behave badly. That is why I am here. I am not concerned with offending people so won't hold back when moderating is needed.

Despite the fact I am married to goughy I am perfectly capable of remaining objective. I don't get offended very easily and can put my emotions aside to decide what is fair. Ozgolf has a very long history and while I have not always been directly involved I have always been around. (from day 1) I do read threads when mods find them too upsetting to address. There have been many times I have advised goughy to take action and he has not wanted to because of his friendships. The problem has been the lack of moderation, not the other way around. Trolls have been allowed to constantly push the boundaries because of friendships. That needs to stop if this forum is going to continue to exist because there is only so much mods can take before they are being pushed too far.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Watty

In our opinion what was pushed to far?
    Why exactly do I need to answer to you?

Nullarbor Cup Record 4-0-0
    UnCivil War Record 2-0-0
    GSM Best Finish: 1st
    Vic Champs Best Finish: Tied 4th
    Number of Times beating DC: 1

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    Watty

Was the trouble last night worth burning a significant stake of Ozgolf community goodwill?
    ****. The hard questions straight up. I don't know if I'm allowed to answer that or not. I was disappointed when I couldn't log on and then saw it closed.

For nearly 24 hours I have been been on my phone fielding numerous texts and having discussions with the admin team. It has purely absorbed my day and I can't so it tomorrow because my kids are more important than this.

I am passionate about Ozgolf and that's why I have let it overtake me completely for the last 24 hours. I can't say I'm happy to read a lot of the anti mod sentiment in here. Yes we are a group but amongst us there are a lot of differing opinions.

Political answer? Probably. You're from the ACT though so I'm sure you'll see what you need to in the post.

Cheers.

If trolling is now deemed to be punters who take the piss, well I may head off.

Being an annoying FW is one thing, calling out hypocrisy and weak opinions is another completely different position. Yoss doesnt need me to stand up for him, but I would rather ban the dull and the pious.

Guys, if you don't like the hard decisions being made, you don't have to stay. Start your own forum, or go to ISG... do whatever you like. There are plenty of people who will enjoy a forum better without the drama. I know there are plenty who will enjoy the forum better without the trolling.

The rules have always been there, but they have not always been acted upon. I have removed a few people who were causing issues and hope the place will become more welcoming to EVERYONE, including women and teens and of course current members.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by clikchic View Post
    The lack of consistent moderation has been due to people not wanting to offend friends who behave badly. That is why I am here. I am not concerned with offending people so won't hold back when moderating is needed.

Despite the fact I am married to goughy I am perfectly capable of remaining objective. I don't get offended very easily and can put my emotions aside to decide what is fair. Ozgolf has a very long history and while I have not always been directly involved I have always been around. (from day 1) I do read threads when mods find them too upsetting to address. There have been many times I have advised goughy to take action and he has not wanted to because of his friendships. The problem has been the lack of moderation, not the other way around. Trolls have been allowed to constantly push the boundaries because of friendships. That needs to stop if this forum is going to continue to exist because there is only so much mods can take before they are being pushed too far.
    Thanks Robyn, I agree with you with your 'lack of moderation' writing.

Nothing against your mods personally, I know Courty personally and have played a number of rounds with him. He is a great guy. But we are dealing with a playing the ball, not the man instance.
    And the mayor announced from Thursday on should not be shat into the creek anymore, because on Saturday beer is brewed.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    If trolling is now deemed to be punters who take the piss, well I may head off.

Being an annoying FW is one thing, calling out hypocrisy and weak opinions is another completely different position. Yoss doesnt need me to stand up for him, but I would rather ban the dull and the pious.
    Well that's me (dull) and MtB (pious) gone then
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

The hard decision is explaining why those have been banned under the rules. I Have read them like you kindly asked me too but at any stage Not answered any questions related to the rules and keep skipping over the question. All I see is the easy decision, fire from the hip, put your head in the sand and ban anyone who has upset Goughy.

UnCivil War Record 2-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by BrettM View Post
    Thanks Robyn, I agree with you with your 'lack of moderation' writing.

Nothing against your mods personally, I know Courty personally and have played a number of rounds with him. He is a great guy. But we are dealing with a playing the ball, not the man instance.
    Exactly. The mods know what I mean in regards to what I wrote. They KNOW they are not always taking action when they should at times but they have friendships and moderating friends is HARD. All the mods are great guys, and even many of the trolls are great guys in person. They just don't carry through on the forum, perhaps they forget that we are all real people on the other side of the screen. It is easier to be a troll on a computer than it is in person.

It is HARD to moderate when you have so many friendships happening and people are being downright mean. In my books, people being intentionally mean are not real friends. Friends deserve to be treated with respect, and if you are not being treated with respect, is that 'friend' really a friend?

The moderators do NOT deserved to be bagged when they make the hard decisions. They are doing a hard job, made even more hard by their friendships.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegaWatty
    For nearly 24 hours I have been been on my phone fielding numerous texts and having discussions with the admin team. It has purely absorbed my day and I can't so it tomorrow because my kids are more important than this.

I am passionate about Ozgolf and that's why I have let it overtake me completely for the last 24 hours. I can't say I'm happy to read a lot of the anti mod sentiment in here. Yes we are a group but amongst us there are a lot of differing opinions.
    Same here. Except I don't have any kids.

I love this place. Each of the trips I've been on to Champs have been awesome times of meeting new people and strengthening ties with those I've already met.

There is too much at stake to let emotion run riot. And that counts for everyone...

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I was going to post that it was good to see some old names here again, such as Briswesty and Moe Norman.

I guess we won't be seeing anymore of Moe.

Moe always like to be the "One better" or a "I did it first" kinda guy, guess he has been proven tonight.

Shadesy

Why exactly do I need to answer to you? You are making BIG assumptions about my reasons for the bans. You don't know the full story, end of story. I will not be drawn into a discussion about ban reasons. They were not banned because they upset goughy, they were banned because they broke the rules.

Those who are banned are welcome to contact me directly. I do not need to answer to anyone else.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Two questions:

Does the infraction system still exist? It has not been followed.

Can we see some examples of ban worthy "trolling"?

Shadesy Why exactly do I need to answer to you? You are making BIG assumptions about my reasons for the bans. You don't know the full story, end of story. I will not be drawn into a discussion about ban reasons. They were not banned because they upset goughy, they were banned because they broke the rules. Those who are banned are welcome to contact me directly. I do not need to answer to anyone else.
    Yeah how dare you communicate with members on a forum.

What ever was I thinking?

The site is clearly yours to do with what you wish.

Good Luck with it.

I'll be back when your interest waivers again and sense returns.

UnCivil War Record 2-0-0

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Henwah has a lot to answer for after going and getting a life after golf..........

Gollfer69 would like to know why he is banned. He cant pm you.

Is there a number he can call or an email address he can use to discuss?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

As i said earlier, it seems like a lot of people being overly precious, g69 is a crackup and for him to be banned from a golf forum i find it rather amusing, however i am sure he wont lose any sleep, he has been banned before.
    Ping ANSER 10.5 - GD ADDI 6S | Ping G25 - 15 - GD ADDI 7S | Ping G25 - 20 - Nunchuk| Mizuno JPX825 PRO - PXI 6.0 | Mizuno MPT-11 - 52/56/60 | Taylormade Spider Blade

Gollfer69 knows why he has been banned. Goughy has discussed it with him. Anyone else who has been banned can email me at clikchicATgmailDOTcom.

I will not be responding to people complaining about the bans if they are not one of the ones banned.
    Last edited by clikchic; 2nd July 2014 at 10:16 PM.

Is this to me again?

Guys one last post. Please do not blame the mods for ANY of the decisions made tonight by me. There are several who disagree with several of the things I have done today. And that is ok. But enough is enough. This has been tough for a lot of people in a dozen different ways.

I am perfectly capable of verifying issues by reading threads. I am about as impartial as anyone can be on a forum because I don't have close relationships with the members. If that is not good enough for you that is ok with me.
    The story changes. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    Ashes sounds like you have an agenda. You think this place has been going well of late?

Just sayin
    No agenda Hux. I think the forum is fine. Reckon it's on the decline and part of that can be attributed to a couple of mods, but for those I know that aren't on here as much, it's more to do with more important things happening in their lives.

Sorry. It was to Watty but Robyn has answered. I did not ask the question in a whining tone, but i enjoy getting spoken down to like a five year old by a moderator...
    Richard doesnt know why. I will pass your message to him and let him follow up if he chooses.

Chopperlink

WITB

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default Why did we close?

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand why one admin would go and start banning people off her own bat particularly if many of the moderation team disagree with those actions? Definitely seems very knee jerk to me.

I told Yoss today on FB that he's one of the biggest bullshit posters on here, I stand by that, but by the same token I don't remember seeing anything particularly offensive from him either.

Seems like either some mods are a bit gutless (letting Clikchik do their dirty work) OR it's all been a bit unilateral.

Doesn't affect me all that much but I think there are plenty of bigger dickheads on here than the ones who are gone.
    Chopperlink | Chopperstats | Chopsticks | #ConfederatetillIdie

Thread Information