Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

What are the chances that Shorty contacted his ISP when he couldn't log on to OzGolf?

Quote Originally Posted by NK View Post
    Henwah has a lot to answer for after going and getting a life after golf..........
    Remember when golf was about more than just hitting a white ball into a hole? It used to be about forming friendships, lighthearted banter and general shit-talk... and narwhals.

What happened, Ozgolf. You used to be cool.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Remember when golf was about more than just hitting a white ball into a hole? It used to be about forming friendships, lighthearted banter and general shit-talk... and narwhals.

What happened, Ozgolf. You used to be cool.
    What if you use a yellow ball 😄

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    I will.
    So will I!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

I have played golf on more than one occasion with Jaybam, Moe Norman and Golfer69. I enjoyed the games and found them good company.

Even the courts release details of why someone is imprisoned.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    But didn't you declare that you'd never vote for this government again.
    Maybe 30 years ago. Then I discovered the power of indifference.

ps. I don't drive in peak hour and only use the tunnel, when it is convenient for me. (Much the same as this place.)
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Even the courts release details of why someone is imprisoned.
    Said individuals are also presented with the evidence against them and offered an opportunity to defend themselves.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

You guys are confusing Ozgolf with a democracy.

Default My last will and testament.

I have quite literally had no involvement nor made any comment on all of this, but in the interests of transparency and to inject a little bit of reason (mixed in with a lot of waffling) I'm posting my communication with the rest of the moderation team:

Hi team. I guess my "twice weekly" check of Ozgolf really missed a lot this time.

I'll preface this by saying that I have nothing but love for Ozgolf and consider many of the members (and mods) people I would call friends for life, and expect them to be just that. In fact, the real reason I am not around as much these days can still be directly attributed to Ozgolf anyway: PeteyD lured me away to play Gridiron and that has taken up much of my time since.

I'll start off by saying one thing: I think this has become far too emotionally driven. Whether that is right or wrong is a topic for another discussion; emotion is something we are entitled to. That said, I would like to inject a little good emotion into this discussion and point out a few things about me and my time at Ozgolf.

When I first picked up a club and pretended I could swing it at some while ball on the ground, I went searching for a place to talk golf (read: "talk shit") and I invariably landed on ISG. I found that forum far too boring, far too full of newbies with no idea (of which I was one - the irony is not lost on me - but I was looking for guidance, not a newbie circlejerk) and ultimately I landed on Ozgolf. I liked the place from the beginning. Jarro was the first person I met on the forum; I met him in the carpark at Nudgee to buy a golf bag from him. He seemed like a such a genuinely nice guy, asked about my gear, my game, gave a few tips about the forum and convinced me to show up at a few Ozgolf games despite my complete lack of talent. We talked shit next to the 18th green for ten minutes when he could of just taken my money and nicked off.

Soon after, and as a result of that meeting, I attended my first Ozgolf day: the Nudgee Plate. I topped the ball twice in a row on the first tee and was given hell for it. But in the right way. It burned, but was funny, and I can appreciate the hilarity of the moment despite the initial pangs of embarrassment in front of a huge Ozgolf horde. Which brings me to my next point.

That moment at Nudgee is a good analogy for Ozgolf in general and how I always saw the place. I can understand how it can seem a little daunting and 'matey' initially, but that is really part of its charm. If you f**k up (like I did) there is laughter, there are nicknames, there are jokes made, but you are invited to laugh at yourself in that moment. It's endearing, much like two brothers that are constantly and superficially at each other but deep down would never be apart. The one thing that sets Ozgolf apart from the others is that most of the members on here either know each other, or are invited to know each other. When I was last in Cairns, people drove from all over to catch up for a beer, I've even helped Moe move house (twice, I think!), I've been given unimaginable support in my darkest days and at one point was even offered a free car to use when I was without one for a few months. Some of these acts of kindness came from those "trolls" on the forum who have been unceremoniously ousted.

More recently, I caught up with a bunch of top blokes in Perth last year for a social whack at Kwinana. I had never met any of them officially in person, but they drove over an hour to pick me up, talked shit and played golf with me all day, even bought me a beer, and then drove me all the way home. This is what Ozgolf is about. What makes this particular instance stand out is that the thread I posted reads like a list of the recently exiled:http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...oming-to-Perth

Somewhere along the lines I was asked to become a mod. I don't know why but think this was more due to the fact that I was already reporting dozens of posts per day anyway (spam, mainly) and most people (read: AndyP) knew that my bark was far worse than my bite. If I called you a dickhead it was because I also called you a mate. The Hennocopter and Henwah monikers are evidence of the same sort of thing dished out over the years. That said, I need to put my hand up as one of the original "trolls", for want of a better word. I was the original Threadjacker. It was funny, for a moment. I posted narwhals in response to stupid posts. That was funny, for a moment. When it stopped being funny, it was kicked to its own thread and there it stayed. No one was harmed, everyone had a laugh.

So get to the point henno.

Well, all of that is what's missing lately: the awareness on both sides as to when something is either funny and lighthearted... or isn't. I think everyone has it wrong. Far too many people are stringing out jokes and light-hearted insults until they are no longer jokes nor light-hearted. In response, the actions the mods have been (at times) over-bearing having acted on requests from the over-sensitivity of some members. This has created an ocean of misunderstanding and over-reaction and it has been cringe-worthy to witness. This latest brouhaha is complete evidence of that.

And I don't want to be a part of it.

I think it's safe to say I haven't exactly been putting the "mod" into moderator of late anyway so this will carry very little weight, but I think it's only fitting that I am removed from the Ozgolf moderation team. The latest upheaval that has taken place has been a storm in a tea-cup and a gross over-reaction in my view... but my view doesn't matter really. I'd much prefer to simply step back and start posting as just "henno" again and not have to worry about being a walking contradiction to the moderation team.

To quote Groucho Marx: "Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."

Peace, love and narwhals.
    Henno.

Senior Member Major Winner

I think someone here has confused OzGolf golfing Community as their own little plaything and forgot to ask the owner if they could play with said toy. The toy is broken now.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on which side of the fence you're on) the reality of the situation is that the situation is not comparable to law courts. The site is owned by one person who can control all. That is their prerogative. There is really no use whinging about it.

Members (glorified guests) can like it or lump it. Whether the site will chugs along, deteriorates, dies, or thrives, remains to be seen.

The ultimate judge of your swing is the flight of the ball. Ben Hogan

Exotics 9.5* XCG7 Beta- Titleist 913H 17* & 21* Hybrid - Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW - Miura 56* & 60* - Lajosi Putter

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

You're still red Henno.

I'd suggest everyone swaps numbers etc shortly, I can't see it lasting.

The person in charge is holding ground, there are 9 pages of explain this and explain that and it's simply going round in circles. If this is no longer the place to arrange games, sell stuff and talk shit as Henno says, someone tell me where it is and we can meet up there.

The vehicle that it is done in isn't what's important, they'll be lifelong friends where ever the next conversation ends up.

I've got Daves number if anyone wants it

Thread Information