Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by pauly View Post
    maybe tom wasn't going to pick him and to save face tiger has said he's injured
    Tom should have picked Tom over Woods.
    Its a popular strategy to quit before you get sacked, but Woods announcement smells of arrogance to me, but thats him always.

Quote Originally Posted by KristianJ View Post
    Only yesterday Watson said he'd be a fool not to consider Tiger if he was healthy enough.
    I agree with that entirely, but obviously Tiger isnt.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Here we go again! Tigger is back this week for the Hero world challenge., not sure if its due to not seeing him lately or not but the footage of him on the range looked like a much calmer swing to protect his back. Hopefully he can stay injury free and compete in the new year.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Waddzy View Post
    Here we go again! Tigger is back this week for the Hero world challenge., not sure if its due to not seeing him lately or not but the footage of him on the range looked like a much calmer swing to protect his back. Hopefully he can stay injury free and compete in the new year.
    Yeah - I miss him.

would love to see some head to head stuff, but more than anything else - i would like to see him grow a personality.

Will be interesting to see what changes (if any) his new coach makes & how they work out for Tiger.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BayBum View Post
    Will be interesting to see what changes (if any) his new coach makes & how they work out for Tiger.
    I'm thinking they will take a little while to ingrain, especially (possibly) working around his injuries. Still be fascinating to see if any minor changes are picked up, or hints at the path he is taking. I'm guessing after his layoff and lack of competitive golf he will struggle?
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Video of Tiger's first swing since he started working with Como:
    http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-...NTgwMjM4MTU5S0

The article says he's got a wider stance and a longer backswing here...and it also looks to me like a smoother swing - not going at it so hardcore like he was earlier this year...
    Last edited by FuzzyJuzzy; 3rd December 2014 at 05:21 AM.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Was nice watching a telecast without 85% focused on one douche bag.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I might be in the minority but I cannot wait to see him back and I'm hoping the new changes take effect pretty swiftly!

http://www.golfwrx.com/263153/tiger-...his-old-swing/

Me too, I'm looking forward to seeing him back in action. Tiger was saying that he didn't feel the ball was traveling very far but the ball speed off the face was still up there. What is going to be interesting is seeing how the swing is going to hold up under pressure and his normal swing habits return. I expect a mixed bag of results but definitely not a win for him. Like all swing changes, it will invariably take away your time and focus on the other aspects of the game.

Tiger is an arsehole, for sure, but I'd like to see him win another major in the coming years...if only to see what all the naysayers have to say then. Not sure it'll happen, but would be interesting...
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJuzzy View Post
    Tiger is an arsehole, for sure, but I'd like to see him win another major in the coming years...if only to see what all the naysayers have to say then. Not sure it'll happen, but would be interesting...
    His swing looks really good. He seems to have changed his lower left leg action in the forward swing, to something similar to what Norman did but without the excessive hip tilt and left foot slide.
    Consciousness and awareness - awareness is being aware of what is happening and being aware of what is happening within ourselves while we are conscious. Where did I leave my glasses?

I am looking forward to it. He is the best golfer in the world. He might not be the best golfing ambassador, but I don't care about that.

I want him to win, so all the haters can eat humble pie. Like when Rory switched to Nike, and he was "done".

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    I am looking forward to it. He is the best golfer in the world. He might not be the best golfing ambassador, but I don't care about that.

I want him to win, so all the haters can eat humble pie. Like when Rory switched to Nike, and he was "done".
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This - then I want him to beat Chambles into a small pulpy mess.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Exactly, all that other extra curriculum has no relevance to how good a golfer he is. It is unprecedented the amount of times he's won given the amount of swing overhauls he's made. Golf is perhaps the most difficult sport to master a technique because there's so many variables in the swing that changes an outcome of the shot and yet he's somehow managed to be successful with various reiteration of his swing.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_of_oz View Post
    Exactly, all that other extra curriculum has no relevance to how good a golfer he is. It is unprecedented the amount of times he's won given the amount of swing overhauls he's made. Golf is perhaps the most difficult sport to master a technique because there's so many variables in the swing that changes an outcome of the shot and yet he's somehow managed to be successful with various reiteration of his swing.
    Well said, to both Benno and Wizard. I'll be tuning in for his performance this weekend.
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_of_oz View Post
    That is one way of looking at it. The other is that he was a ****ing idiot for changing something that worked great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

He may have trod on his d*** a few times but he's no ar$ehole. I agree with others that I don't really care what he got up to in his private time, I enjoy watching him and want him to have more success because A) he's the greatest golfer Ive ever seen and B) to keep the haters hating. I have a good friend who chokes on his own tongue just talking about Tiger his hatred runs so deep. Always great for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    That is one way of looking at it. The other is that he was a ****ing idiot for changing something that worked great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Athletes like Tiger and Michael Jordan, they need to find ways to keep their focus and motivation at an elite level. Jordan used his competitiveness and thrived on critics saying that he couldn't make a comeback as some of the tricks to keep him motivated. Tiger needs to continually tweak his swing; it keeps him focused, it challenges him but I think it's that perfectionist trait that makes him strive to succeed.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

He is easily the best golfer of my generation and created a whole new level of financing for all the current elite pro's out there, I reckon he should win another 2 majors before he decides he has had enough

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Do you feel the same about Donald? Kaymer? Just a couple of the golfers who managed to get to the peak of the game and decide to change their swing to find more.. Athletes at that level are always striving for more so you cant really blame them because if it paid off with more major wins everyone would give them kudos for changing. But as soon as you start dropping rankings due to swing changes everyone jumps on the bandwagon that their done and criticizes.

I really hope Tiger knocks out a win or 2 in the next couple of years, I don't know if that would include a major but it would be good for golf. I am not really biased in anyway about Tiger I do like him but I think that its more the media's fault that he has such a bad image as well. I am also certain he doesn't tell the golf channel to show 85% of his coverage, that is their choice to get viewers talking and watching more.

Default Tiger's coming back next week! How long will he last?

[QUOTE=Waddzy;1169988]Do you feel the same about Donald? Kaymer?

I really hope Tiger knocks out a win or 2 in the next couple of years, I don't know if that would include a major but it would be good for golf.
    I am also certain he doesn't tell the golf channel to show 85% of his coverage, that is their choice to get viewers talking and watching more.
    The list of guys that have done that is endless, I don't begrudge people especially Pro athletes who try to be better than they are.

Don't forget he came back and won five times in 2013, even after he'd been written off.

Tiger dominates the coverage because that's what people want to see. Look at Tiger posts on the Golf Channel website, always comments running into the hundreds, same on GolfWRX, twitter, Facebook. Wether you love or hate him he (I hate this phrase) moves the needle more than any other professional athlete in the history of sports. I personally think 2015 could be better than 2013, I just want to see awesome golf out of everyone on the major tours.

[QUOTE=BUSHY;1170000]
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddzy View Post
    Don't forget he came back and won five times in 2013, even after he'd been written off.
    Written off mostly as a force in Majors. This still stands true, certainly so far. Even with those 5 wins and a dominant tournament year he didn't come close to winning a Major.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[QUOTE=TheNuclearOne;1170103]
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post

Written off mostly as a force in Majors. This still stands true, certainly so far. Even with those 5 wins and a dominant tournament year he didn't come close to winning a Major.
    I don't really agree. If he hasn't hit the flagstick on 15 at the Masters he's potentially in or around the playoff come Sunday. US Open was in the lead or tied for the lead before an average weekend left him too far back. Same at the British and the PGA. I think most of the problem in hindsight was due to Foley's swing not being Major pressure tested. He annihilated the fields in events he loves, Torrey, Bay Hill, Doral, Firestone and won at Sawgrass. He was very good all year except the weekends of the majors.
    2014 was abysmal so really the only way to go is up, I will probably hold most of my judgement until after this week if not his first event of next year. If he is truly healthy though increased practice time (reps) can only be a good thing for him.

Also Doral and Firestone are WGC's so not exactly Fall Series events.

[QUOTE=BUSHY;1170105]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post

I don't really agree. If he hasn't hit the flagstick on 15 at the Masters he's potentially in or around the playoff come Sunday. US Open was in the lead or tied for the lead before an average weekend left him too far back. Same at the British and the PGA. I think most of the problem in hindsight was due to Foley's swing not being Major pressure tested. He annihilated the fields in events he loves, Torrey, Bay Hill, Doral, Firestone and won at Sawgrass. He was very good all year except the weekends of the majors.
    2014 was abysmal so really the only way to go is up, I will probably hold most of my judgement until after this week if not his first event of next year. If he is truly healthy though increased practice time (reps) can only be a good thing for him.
    Loads of if's and but's, plenty of other players would have their tales of if only. When the big games were on he didn't stand up, where he used to be the opposite.

Not a fan but look forward to seeing how he goes, especially swing wise.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Thread Information