Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I can't get it to add my rounds to the challenge. Really weird.

EDIT: I sent a help question to Game Golf. Hopefully they will enlighten me.
    Last edited by IanO; 29th September 2014 at 05:24 PM.
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Not sure why, my one added automatically,
    in the bag
    Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo
    RBZ tour spoon BT8M3 stiff
    HB 910 19deg Matrix O white x stiff
    Wilson staff FGV6 Tour Forged irons
    wedges trusty tour 50; 54; 58
    SC FB no1 or SC red X
    and stuff in the pocketsT7M3 S

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Mine did too

Must be just me then
    Golf is an ineffectual attempt to get an uncontrollable sphere into an inaccessible hole with instruments ill adapted to the purpose

Woods: Titleist 915 D2 10.5*,
    915 f15*, 915 h21*
    Irons:
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW
    Wedges:
    Titleist SM5 54/10* & 60/7*
    Putter:
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red
    Bag: Eagles & Birdies Links
    Bugy: Clickgear 3.5

Home Club: Kooringal
    Handicap
    Game Golf

It is still having issues ... I smashed my fairways hit record yesterday at 71% but it didn't seem to pick that up either.

Hmm..not sounding too promising..

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I had a reply to the problem with my round:

Hi Gareth,Thanks for contacting GAME GOLF!
    I have attempted to reprocess your round, but it too couldn’t be edited. We do have the data file, so we should be able to fix these issues, but not until we work out the bug with this round. I have escalated along to our engineers to investigate further. I’ll be sure to keep you informed with any updates I receive. I believe this was a 1-time issue, so I don’t anticipate this issue occurring upon your next upload.
    Best,

Jason
    It can't be the 13 that has broken this because I didn't tag all of the bunker shots

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Their support are very good, and quick too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It is still having issues ... I smashed my fairways hit record yesterday at 71% but it didn't seem to pick that up either.
    You need to check whether it is recording FIR and GIR correctly when you are signing the round (bottom left of the screen). You might have to move the odd shot, especially if you were close-ish to the edges. Google Map imagery inaccuracy also is a potential factor. I also had a problem with a mapping on a couple of holes, which Support fixed for me.

Understood ... I did this step. On the round screen it showed the correct FIR stat. It just didn't pick it up in the "news feed" as a new PB.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Let them know about it then they can fix it

Ok will do

The more I follow this thread, the bigger the pain in the butt Game Golf appears to be!? Seems to be quite a few flaws/glitches in the system still.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I've done some running repairs to my unit. Some time ago I accidentally dropped it, and ever since it has failed to vibrate when tagging a club (apart from that everything else seemed to work just fine).

Pre-empting being told that the warranty wouldn't cover me being in Australia, I decided to open it up & have a look for myself. Turns out it was quite a simple fix. When I dropped it the circuit board had slipped from its bracket and the offset weight was jammed against the outer shell. As soon as I re-seated the circuit board it started vibrating again.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    The more I follow this thread, the bigger the pain in the butt Game Golf appears to be!? Seems to be quite a few flaws/glitches in the system still.
    Not really imo. I would suggest that the average Ozgolfer is a pretty good test pilot, who is going to find any/most of the crinkles in the system. So far the crinkles have been relatively few, and easily fixed. The system is really easy to use, and you become pretty switched on to using it after a couple of rounds.

The biggest "potential" limitation/factor is Google Maps satellite image accuracy for a particular course, but again most of the issues there are quickly solvable by their support team. I had issues with my home course mapping which were easy to get fixed. I have only played one other course with it so far, but I had no issue there.

The greater question you have to ask yourself is do you need the sort of info it provides?, and on an ongoing basis? There are obviously other ways to do what the Game Golf system does. I have seen mobile GPS apps that can keep somewhat similar data, and of course you can also do the same thing manually with your GPS and pen and paper. To me, Game Golf is just a much easier way to do it, albeit at a price.

I agree ... I'm pretty happy with it. Minor issues only and by all accounts their support system is fantastic. I really enjoy the post round review also.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I am not actually all that good at it, but it is also about keeping the ball in play. You can't score if you are punching out of the trees etc all the time. One of my best scoring rounds, I left the Driver in the bag and used 3 Wood and Hybrid off the Tee for the entire round. I hear the same thing from plenty of low markers, hitting a Driver long is all well and good, but if you can't keep it in play there isn't much point. The other thing I focus on is short game. I am trying to get up and down at least 50% or more of the time. If I manage that, I usually score really well.

Not related to Game Golf, but this is great advice, especially for Buzz at Belconnen which has 7 open holes and 11 holes lined by 25m tall trees.

Find a club that you can keep it in play with. No shame in being a 180 straighty - its how Dotty plays and scores well.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by wbennett View Post
    Not related to Game Golf, but this is great advice, especially for Buzz at Belconnen which has 7 open holes and 11 holes lined by 25m tall trees.

Find a club that you can keep it in play with. No shame in being a 180 straighty - its how Dotty plays and scores well.
    Absolutely. I already knew I was a short hitter due to my terrible swing flaws, but game golf has been a little humbling in that my distances are even shorter than I expected. That said what it is highlighting is that my averages are lower because I have more mishits as a higher handicapper and hence the dispersion if distances is higher for each club which brings down the average.

I confess therefore using game golf has made me even more conscious of striving to hit it further so it shows up in the stats. This usually makes me play worse!

But that's a problem I can overcome. Fundamentally the theory is sound I just need to execute it better

My biggest problem with GG is remembering to use it,
    in the bag
    SC FB no1 or SC red X

A little bit on multiple club functionality.

I hadn't really bothered to look at this till now, but given the collection of clubs I have purchased, that are lining up for testing, I starting exploring. It seems pretty easy really. You can create lots of clubs in your bag of bags (I haven't found a limit as yet), with the tag allocation in "My Golf Bag" being what determines what club is allocated to the data.

So you can create say 6 drivers, and then move tags accordingly depending on which one is in play. You obviously move them physically, and on the My Golf Bag page, before you upload the round. If you want to carry multiple drivers during say a practice round, you can use the extra tags in the kit.
    My observation on that is you probably don't use say Driver enough in a single round to get meaningful comparison data. But I guess it depends on what you are looking for, and how you go about the practice round. A GPS measure might be easier, or even doing the multiple club comparison at the Driving range instead. I would suggest that the Game Golf system is more suited to alternating say a driver between rounds, and comparing the full range of data once you have a couple of rounds with each recorded. That way you get meaningful distance and dispersion data to compare.

One thing to remember, if you delete a club from your My Golf Bag listing, the data attached to it is lost.

Apparently GG will sell full sets of tags but I guess this would only suit someone who doesn't want to physically move tags from one club to another.

Quote Originally Posted by talbo View Post
    Apparently GG will sell full sets of tags but I guess this would only suit someone who doesn't want to physically move tags from one club to another.
    That would be potentially handy if you ran 2 bags, or had 2 different bags in 2 different locations for example. I wonder how much they charge for an extra set?

Default Game Golf Review.

I like the idea of a second set of tags, price dependent

Thanks for the point of loading extra clubs I had not noticed that
    Last edited by Steve; 1st October 2014 at 09:42 AM.
    in the bag
    SC FB no1 or SC red X

From memory it was $40

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    I've done some running repairs to my unit. Some time ago I accidentally dropped it, and ever since it has failed to vibrate when tagging a club (apart from that everything else seemed to work just fine).

Pre-empting being told that the warranty wouldn't cover me being in Australia, I decided to open it up & have a look for myself. Turns out it was quite a simple fix. When I dropped it the circuit board had slipped from its bracket and the offset weight was jammed against the outer shell. As soon as I re-seated the circuit board it started vibrating again.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Thread Information