Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

To me, any "restrictions" would be about new members understanding and buying into the Ozgolf Proshop mentality on sales to fellow members, and nothing about keeping away any "shonks". The shonks part is always going to be a simple case of buyer beware.

I see a few that seem to think they have struck the "Mother Lode" when they join here, but don't seem to quite understand the 2 way nature of pricing etc here. Quite frankly, if you haven't got a track record of some participation or buy in, then I am very unlikey to deal with you, at any price. So restrictions don't mean a lot too me, and the PM system gets used plenty to bypass restriction anyway I can say with some experience!. The problem is then though how do you question a newbies intentions etc without it being seen as potential bullying by some? I have a background in Fraud/Audit management and a pretty good sense of when someone is legit or not, but I am very hesitant to be a policeman for such things.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Daves, you have captured the rationale behind it exactly.

There is no right number of posts for achieving it and no guarantee that it would for all members, but it goes towards the culture of helping out fellow OZgolfers.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

What I'm finding almost hypocritical is that there are members who are making snide and condescending comments when a new user makes a post, immediately assuming that they are trying to bump up their post count so sell something. Perhaps the previous suggestion of having a time based criteria eg 6-8 weeks after registration to be able to sell would work better. No one would post dribble unnecessarily, no existing members would be cynical of any new threads/comments, and new users can willingly choose to participate in discussions and built a rapport if they choose to do so. And if not, that's fine too, they'll open a for sale thread and have a post count under 10 and people can choose to deal with them or not.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_of_oz View Post
    What I'm finding almost hypocritical is that there are members who are making snide and condescending comments when a new user makes a post, immediately assuming that they are trying to bump up their post count so sell something.
    The cynical comments are when it is plainly obvious what the person is doing. Bumping a week old thread to add nothing to the thread, welcoming new users when you are new yourself are examples of this.

Perhaps the previous suggestion of having a time based criteria eg 6-8 weeks after registration to be able to sell would work better. No one would post dribble unnecessarily, no existing members would be cynical of any new threads/comments, and new users can willingly choose to participate in discussions and built a rapport if they choose to do so.
    There is a time based criteria in addition to the post limit.
    http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...67#post1147767

And if not, that's fine too, they'll open a for sale thread and have a post count under 10 and people can choose to deal with them or not.
    If that's what they want, then I think ebay and gumtree is a better option.

Noted on the time frame there Andy, I missed that new implementation.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_of_oz View Post
    What I'm finding almost hypocritical is that there are members who are making snide and condescending comments when a new user makes a post, immediately assuming that they are trying to bump up their post count so sell something.
    It's not an immediate assumption. It's an informed conclusion.

Member Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    It's not an immediate assumption. It's an informed conclusion.
    As a pretty new user to the site & have not to date ( maybe this will the first ..... ) received any snide or otherwise comments. For me, I am new to golf and got the bug pretty bad & have found people friendly and forthcoming with advise, hints help whatever realy comes up.

Personnally I can see why there are restirctions in place & also, it can be pretty obvious if someone is trying to boost up their posts. I can certainly see the sense in changes to adding in a "waiting period".

I am happy to enjoy the site and gives me a place to talk about a game I love, hopefully the topic of the pro-shop becomes a bit on a non issue & we accept what is in place & why.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1979 View Post
    As a pretty new user to the site & have not to date ( maybe this will the first ..... ) received any snide or otherwise comments. For me, I am new to golf and got the bug pretty bad & have found people friendly and forthcoming with advise, hints help whatever realy comes up.

Personnally I can see why there are restirctions in place & also, it can be pretty obvious if someone is trying to boost up their posts. I can certainly see the sense in changes to adding in a "waiting period".

I am happy to enjoy the site and gives me a place to talk about a game I love, hopefully the topic of the pro-shop becomes a bit on a non issue & we accept what is in place & why.
    Your profile says you have been a Ozgolf member for over 4 years? Join date may 2010? That is not new in my book, but I see you have only posted 150 times.

How new to golf are you?
    In the bag

Taylormade Stealth 2 9.0 - AD DI 7X, Taylormade Sim 5 wood - AD DI 8X, P790 2/5-GW S300 AMT, Taylormade Hi Toe 53/14, 57/14, 60/10, Taylormade Spider, Taylormade 2018 staff bag

Member Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by davepuppies View Post
    Your profile says you have been a Ozgolf member for over 4 years? Join date may 2010? That is not new in my book, but I see you have only posted 150 times.

How new to golf are you?
    Had my first taste of golf 2010 - played for about 4 months (joined here and log on maybe a few times) -- then due mostly to work & being overseas with work, didn't play again until a few month ago. Have probably played 30 rounds of golf

Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1979 View Post
    As a pretty new user to the site & have not to date received any snide or otherwise comments.
    Sorry mate did mean to miss your posts

Member Club Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    feel left out now !!

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

After seeing Matty and Matt3Jab smash a golf ball, I too would be wary of winding up anyone with 'Matt' in their userid.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Jesus Christ. I got destroyed from the get go. From my stupid remarks to my left handed posts, to my pissed comebacks to having my own thread(everyone got sick of my constant posting in the wrong place at the totally wrong thread) I love this place. Met some Wa golfers,some interstate guys and playing with guys I didn't know. almost spewed before I played at KTown , to buying 2 things. I've sent things out and got stuff for nothing.
    Yea baby. Now if I was only half as good as lefty and Shaun.
    Them pricks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    Ha ha. Pricks and Aholes. Cop it boys.

Glad I didn't play with Shorty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortylook View Post
    ............. Now if I was only half as good as lefty and Shaun.
    Them pricks
    I'm sure Lefty will be glad he didn't miss out on being called a prick this time around

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by G.K View Post
    I'm sure Lefty will be glad he didn't miss out on being called a prick this time around
    I guess that's why JC said I can't wear the kangol golf cap. To primitive and I'm a peice of shit. Horrible language, I appologise.i wish I was a 1/4 as good as them to guys. Legends

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Shortylook View Post
    I guess that's why JC said I can't wear the kangol golf cap. To primitive and I'm a peice of shit. Horrible language, I appologise.i wish I was a 1/4 as good as them to guys. Legends
    Don't sell yourself short.

I've been on here for around 2 months if that and would have been lucky to make 10 posts in that time. I log in every day for a read if jot more. Today I logged in to post a TM SLDR 4 hybrid for sale and couldn't do so for the above reasons. I'm not keen on eBay fees as I takes the sale not worth the hassle - however I have no chance of making the required specs to post the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by driftn69 View Post
    I've been on here for around 2 months if that and would have been lucky to make 10 posts in that time. I log in every day for a read if jot more. Today I logged in to post a TM SLDR 4 hybrid for sale and couldn't do so for the above reasons. I'm not keen on eBay fees as I takes the sale not worth the hassle - however I have no chance of making the required specs to post the sale.
    Today would have been easy to add some extra posts. You could have joined in on Jason Day's win or the Australia Cricket team or whatever.

If u do get stuck, Gumtree is free.

Or you could have offered a red tie shaft in yoss' wanted thread* That would have got you a few more posts .

* it's not really a wanted thread

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Or you could have offered a red tie shaft in yoss' wanted thread* That would have got you a few more posts .

* it's not really a wanted thread
    I think Yoss was confused by the multiple red ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    I think Yoss was confused by the multiple red ties.
    Is that what he wears while eating at his desk??

Respond to my forgiving irons thread... Mate im not a huge poster either, but it's worthbthe effort you will get a good laugh and you'll spend a fortune on clubs...

Tractor Boys

Is that what he wears while eating at his desk??
    While unintentionally wearing the same shirt as a coworker today

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    While unintentionally wearing the same shirt as a coworker today
    Don't they all wear the same shirt at IGA?

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Don't they all wear the same shirt at IGA?
    He was a boss, so he was above the commonfolk there.

He has graduated as is actually doing legal work now.

Thread Information