Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Archi View Post
    NB to self - been on here since Feb 12 & visit the site several times daily - MUST learn how to dribble on & talk about nothing !
    I was surprised at just how easy it really was.

Now I can't stop.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Well in the name of boosting my post count:

Found out today that my father in law AND my brother in law are both on the golf course - on a weekday!
    (and not even the same course)

/bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by ZENNON View Post
    Well in the name of boosting my post count:

Found out today that my father in law AND my brother in law are both on the golf course - on a weekday!
    (and not even the same course)

/bastards!
    There's a thread for that:

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php...t-piss-you-off.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Haha - thanks

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by ZENNON View Post
    Haha - thanks
    There is a thread for that too.

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php?t=39426

Member Club Pro

I find the post quota pretty frustrating as well. There's been a few things in the pro shop that I'd like to buy but its going to take me a long time to get to 150 posts.

If you want my Cobra Amp cell driver, just PM me.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by hippo10 View Post
    I find the post quota pretty frustrating as well. There's been a few things in the pro shop that I'd like to buy but its going to take me a long time to get to 150 posts.
    Especially if you don't post/contribute.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

why dont you just send a PM when buying stuff to the seller. I do agree in the post being high if you cant be bothered posting crap or entering conversations just for hell of it. Some then take the crap serious. Get on the FNQ Cairns maintenance thread. Or just post lots in the WITB thread.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtopper View Post
    why dont you just send a PM when buying stuff to the seller. I do agree in the post being high if you cant be bothered posting crap or entering conversations just for hell of it. Some then take the crap serious. Get on the FNQ Cairns maintenance thread. Or just post lots in the WITB thread.
    Don't forget the breast implant thread.
    Forum needs more banter.

The pro shop is a privilege, not a right, bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    Don't forget the breast implant thread.
    The gay marriage thread is also good!

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

The way this thread is going, most newbies will be qualified by the end of next week!

I don't want to enter the argument, I am OK with the Status Quo, but I would also point out that there is more to contributing than just posting, Especially for the sake of it. Contributing is also organising and/or attending a OzGolf event, supporting some of the causes that get put up, helping a fellow Ozgolfer out with information, service or product for example. Plus a mirade of other things. The restriction is probably a reaction to the odd blow in that ends up here simply to take advantage, with no intentions of giving back. Probably an over reaction, but it does happen from time to time.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    The way this thread is going, most newbies will be qualified by the end of next week!

I don't want to enter the argument, I am OK with the Status Quo, but I would also point out that there is more to contributing than just posting, Especially for the sake of it. Contributing is also organising and/or attending a OzGolf event, supporting some of the causes that get put up, helping a fellow Ozgolfer out with information, service or product for example. Plus a mirade of other things. The restriction is probably a reaction to the odd blow in that ends up here simply to take advantage, with no intentions of giving back. Probably an over reaction, but it does happen from time to time.
    I don't disagree that contributing to the Ozgolf community should be more than just posting, however access to the pro shop isn't based on whether or not you contribute to the community. I can understand the reasons for the restriction but unfortunately it also has the effect of encouraging newbies to post a lot of crap so that they can be a part of it.

Doesn't PM'ing the buyer just subvert half of the reason for the restriction anyway? Maybe I should post in the WITB thread, although I'm sure when people see what irons I'm still carrying they'll refer me to the pro shop and I'll be stuck in a vicious cycle ...

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

I hate possums they run around on my roof and eat my fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    I hate possums they run around on my roof and eat my fruit.

I don't disagree that contributing to the Ozgolf community should be more than just posting, however access to the pro shop isn't based on whether or not you contribute to the community. I can understand the reasons for the restriction but unfortunately it also has the effect of encouraging newbies to post a lot of crap so that they can be a part of it.

Doesn't PM'ing the buyer just subvert half of the reason for the restriction anyway? Maybe I should post in the WITB thread, although I'm sure when people see what irons I'm still carrying they'll refer me to the pro shop and I'll be stuck in a vicious cycle ...
    We would just ignore the drivel the same way that we ignore Rubin's insightful advice posts.

Maybe im just unaware of the fraudulent behaviours of some before!
    As a new member myself in last 6 months it takes a while to know where to post and not get shot down by the keyboard crawlers, wankers ect playing their weirdo posts. In all honesty most new members are not well recvied by some just an observation from my own experience. Forums do take some time to work out IMHO!
    I have enjoyed buying a few odds and ends from the proshop that has helped in setting up my bag wih out the hassles of ebay etc and at a reduced cost. Look forward to having a game down the track with some even the few that I totally disagree with to see if its just a forum thing or they are actually flogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldtopper View Post
    Maybe im just unaware of the fraudulent behaviours of some before!
    As a new member myself in last 6 months it takes a while to know where to post and not get shot down by the keyboard crawlers, wankers ect playing their weirdo posts. In all honesty most new members are not well recvied by some just an observation from my own experience. Forums do take some time to work out IMHO!
    I have enjoyed buying a few odds and ends from the proshop that has helped in setting up my bag wih out the hassles of ebay etc and at a reduced cost. Look forward to having a game down the track with some even the few that I totally disagree with to see if its just a forum thing or they are actually flogs!
    Hey CT. They are definitely all flogs. Especially my good mates from WA!

Blog Entries

This place is no different from the local pub, golf club, worksite or suburban street.

Every couple of months, certain new members will flame the existing members with posts along the lines of 'changing equipment is a waste of money', 'anyone overweight is pathetic', 'bright clothes shouldn't be allowed on the course' and 'if you shoot over 80, then give up golf'. The current members will defend themselves, their mates and the vibe of OzGolf, to which the new member then cries 'victim' and 'bullying'.

It's the new member that needs to ease themselves into the community, by telling us about your good (and not so good) rounds, what's in your bag, shank stories or what is pissing you off. All of which the current members will relate to, and develop some empathy and trust.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

I may have missed this bit, but can't simply the ability to start new threads in pro shop be restricted, rather than the ability to post a reply?

Newby cash is the same as anyone elses i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    This place is no different from the local pub, golf club, worksite or suburban street.

Every couple of months, certain new members will flame the existing members with posts along the lines of 'changing equipment is a waste of money', 'anyone overweight is pathetic', 'bright clothes shouldn't be allowed on the course' and 'if you shoot over 80, then give up golf'. The current members will defend themselves, their mates and the vibe of OzGolf, to which the new member then cries 'victim' and 'bullying'.

It's the new member that needs to ease themselves into the community, by telling us about your good (and not so good) rounds, what's in your bag, shank stories or what is pissing you off. All of which the current members will relate to, and develop some empathy and trust.
    Thats why the ignore button is so good! And as I said knowing where to post!

Member Trainee Pro

I've bought numerous items from the Pro shop via a PM, even sold some wedges

Member Trainee Pro

Though at one stage i could post in the Pro shop , then one day the rules all changed and i was locked out

Quote Originally Posted by Archi View Post
    Though at one stage i could post in the Pro shop , then one day the rules all changed and i was locked out
    Bastards are trying to keep it all in the family.

Thread Information